Skip to content

New Enhanced Edition DLC NPC Final Conclusion (Add a new DLC NPC or not?)

Comments

• mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    While I have no desire to romance something with as much facial hair as I do, a neutral barbarian or bard would definitely be nice.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2013
    Eewwwwww, female dwarf with facial hair, KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

I suppose her name could be Uglita, and her dialogue would be like...

'Me Ug... Ug.... Erm ..... Ugli ..... Ugli .... UGLITA!'
    'Hurrrr, you like Ug? Ug like you too'
    'Ug want cuddle you. If you no cuddle Ug, Ug smash you in face with hammer'.

Etc.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

I'm all set for a Barbarian dwarven lass. As long as she will have a sexy beard, that is. :P

This is all wrong! That's the pic I used for the skald! I want that NPC though. And the Barbarian.
    Your PC was a female dwarven skald...? And you even used that pic for her? Yummy! I really need to play this lovely combination at some point.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    As I said before, Halfling Barbarians are a fun concept *and* actually scary in a fight. (The ability bonus boost upon Raging is awesome since Halflings normally can't get above 17 Strength)

And I love Halflings. Totally honest, it's my favorite race, plain and simple.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited November 2013
    am I supposed to be voting on wether or not I want a dlc or wether I want the ones you propose

cus I would like a dlc but I don't want any of those
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @Mungri
    Definitely would not be like that unless she had an intelligence of 5 or lower.
    Dwarven males and females look so similar that you cannot tell the difference when they are armed until they open their mouths and begin speaking. In the Drizzt books one of the characters actually cracks a joke about it to Bruenor. "I never could tell the difference." The books also have a dwarf trying to get Catti-Brie to grow facial hair to follow Dwarven traditions.
    Sure, females with facial hair would be odd to some, but it is perfectly legal concerning the lore. Whereas a female Dwarf without facial hair would basically be an outcast.

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I was joking.
  • Xar105Xar105 Member Posts: 112
    1. Lawful Neutral Female Dwarfen Barbarian with a romance

oh yes my dwarf warrior need some love :)
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

I'm all set for a Barbarian dwarven lass. As long as she will have a sexy beard, that is. :P

This is all wrong! That's the pic I used for the skald! I want that NPC though. And the Barbarian.
    Your PC was a female dwarven skald...? And you even used that pic for her? Yummy! I really need to play this lovely combination at some point.
    No, I wrote both a neutral female dwarf barbarian and a neutral good female dwarf skald in the NPC Ideas topic by @Shandyr. That picture is the one I used for the skald (a bit modified with NPC special ability to activate a reduced song while attacking, so she's a frontliner and less passive than regular skalds).
    I tried to fill as many gaps in race-class-gender-alignment categories as possible with these two; both are romance options for shorties, too. (Though, the skald was female/female only; I wrote that before Hexxat was around.)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Still holding out on that female halfling cleric (leaftender kit).

But in the meantime this will do :)
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    i think judging by the male to female ratio obviously its going to be female (dorn, rassad, baeloth against neera and clara/hexxat ) im counting clara/hexxat as one because of reasons in the quest. and i think barbarian would make a good class to explore because we dont have that many good straight up frontline fighters, apart from minsc and he is a ranger XD he is VERY bad at his job it seems :P also chaotic neutral is boring for roleplaying, i'd like to see a barbarian who is slightly civil, like he will follow the laws of his tribe, like a knight follows his code example: mary from bloodhorse clan, the blood horse clan are mainly nomads who favour cavalry and numbers, as such helping the community is a main focus of the clan, so whenever you help a town from an invasion she likes that, help the invaders and she wont mind provided it helps the invaders community etc etc
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    The devs should definately think about a DLC and a new NPC.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    okay... more than anything we need more SHORTY LOVE INTERESTS
    Dwarves, Halflings and ESPECIALLY GNOMES all need some lovin' too
    edited November 2013
    I've decided: CN Female Gnome Bard, romanceable
    She is Jan's cousin via his good ol' Uncle Scrappy

Nothing Inspires Courage more than a 60 minute epic song about turnips
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I don't want one new NPC: I want multiple new NPCs, even if they don't have much in the way of sidequests.
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    mylegbig said:

While I have no desire to romance something with as much facial hair as I do, a neutral barbarian or bard would definitely be nice.

What's the one phrase? Once you go beard, things start getting weird.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    Neutral male halfling barbarian with gay romance? Could be interesting...
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    rdarken said:

I don't want one new NPC: I want multiple new NPCs, even if they don't have much in the way of sidequests.

Wish... granted?
  • nietzschelivesnietzschelives Member Posts: 36
    I would love an additional neutral fighter type. The game as is has a significant shortage (even with mods.) Don't really care about race/gender/kit (as long as its not a kensai.)
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Is it a evil aligned thief that doesn't make me want to find new and interesting ways to kill party members? Go ahead.

If not, I don't really care.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    ryuken87 said:

I would love some DLC, but pretty much all the new content in the EEs is linked to joinable NPCs already. I'd rather the devs spent their time on a more expansive quest rather than romance dialogues.

You mean new quests based on existing EE NPCs?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I suspect ryuken87 means just quest areas, like Durlag's Tower or Watcher's Keep, or even places like the Umar or Windspear Hills. Quests that don't require NPCs but are just interesting adventures.

I suspect ryuken87 means just quest areas, like Durlag's Tower or Watcher's Keep, or even places like the Umar or Windspear Hills. Quests that don't require NPCs but are just interesting adventures.

That is cool too. I like both ideas.
    We could just combine it by making an NPC from a new area. Maybe since we all like barbarians and bards, we can make a barbarian town and add two NPCs: a Barbarian and a Skald.
    I'd like the idea that if you had them both together they could romance eachother (like Aerie-Haer-dalis except maybe a bit deeper)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Another YES for a female dwarf barbarian, This NPC could be extremely interesting and fun to play!
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563

Yep that's what I meant.
  • JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    those are all awful.