Skip to content

Weird stripe bar like pattern "on laptop"

AlakuuAlakuu Member Posts: 2
edited November 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
Trying to get a multiplayer match going with a friend and hes having the weirdest effect I've ever seen. Checked with the other performance and graphical issues with BGEE and BGIIEE to see what might work and nothing yet.
Figuring its a OpenGL issue and we might not be able to fix it on his laptop. But maybe just maybe a brilliant mind out there can point something out that fixes this!
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/alakuu/wtf.png

Comments

• jaynjayjaynjay Member Posts: 12
    That is exactly the same pattern that I see when I start the game. Need help with this. I cannot play the game like this
    Forgot to mention, my computer is NOT a laptop (don't know if that matters)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Alakuu @jaynjay, can you provide more information on your hardware specifications?
  • h4mm32h4mm32 Member Posts: 3
    here it is
    Troodon80
    I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT video card and my computer is a Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300@2.50GHz and am running Windows 7 32-bit. I have no problems running high end graphic games
    So far, two people are running Win7 32-bit.

@jaynjay, @Alakuu, can you both do the same as @h4mm32 and upload a DxDiag dump and upload it so we can get all the information?

Press Start->All Programs->Accessories->Run, and then type dxdiag into the text box and press OK. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click Save All Information, then attach that file to a new post using the 'Attach a file' link just below the comment box in this topic.
    @alakuu is posting about my specs... "with a friend and hes having the weirdest effect I've ever seen."
    ive tried comaptibility, open gl set to 1, non fullscreen, multiple restarts drivers are up to date.
    edited November 2013
    @h4mm32, ah, okay, I thought you were someone else with the same problem. :)

According to the DxDiag info dump, this is a newer version of your Intel graphics drivers. Could you try downloading and installing them?

Aside from that, it could be that the chipset is too old. I'll take a look into it.
  • AlakuuAlakuu Member Posts: 2
    H4mm32 has aparently succeeded in fixing the weird issue with Troodon80's suggestion. Aparently he has a problem with chrome now, but I hear hes resolving that. If doing a update like he suggested does mess up chrome try a reinstall of chrome...
    Troodon80
    I have enclosed the results of my dxdiag, I hope someone can make sense of what my problem is
    @jaynjay, can you try going here and click on Auto Detect Your GPU. It's the 9 series, but you're better off with the auto-detect given how many drivers are currently available. Whatever it says is the latest one, download that.

If updating your graphics drivers doesn't do anything, let us know. :)
    I must have done something wrong. Computer would not start after following the information from Troodon80. Had to reformat my hard drive and I lost everything. Too much work for too little. I will chalk this program up as a bad experience and certainly not worth losing all my programs.
    edited November 2013
    @jaynjay, reformatting for a GPU driver update is not required. Booting in safe mode (usually by pressing one of the function keys (motherboard specific) during POST) and reinstalling the original drivers would have been sufficient; just for future reference so you don't have to lose all your programs.

If you continue to experience problems, please e-mail Beamdog support: support@beamdog.com
  • AlexandrettaAlexandretta Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    Same trouble on a desktop PC, changed nothing updating the drivers.

Hint : the bug appears right after i updated Windows 8 in Windows 8.1
  • orcorc Member Posts: 1
    I have this problem too. What should I do?
  • AlexandrettaAlexandretta Member Posts: 13
    [Solved] : It was apparently because the game was launched with the Intel chipset instead of the graphic card chipset (remember i play on a desktop PC)

All i had to do was to uninstall my ATI Radeon HD 4800, and reinstall it properly, seems that the windows 8.1 update screwed it.

Hope this could be some help for any of you

EDIT : This should be the bible for anyone who have some trouble here http://www.beamdog.com/support/766

Good luck, this game really worth it