Skip to content

Spoilers-What just happened here?

mement0mement0 Member Posts: 105
I am at the planar prison. My only mage is Aerie and she has all the wrong spells to encounter the Warden. No true sight, no Breach, nothing. Besides she doesn't have enough levels to cast the aforementioned spells.

So after a Stinking Cloud panic reaction which obviously did nothing and a fireball which did minor damage (I assume it removed the stoneskins) I used Animate Dead and moved away. 5HD Sceleton Warrior with a +1 weapon appears and in a few seconds a Thrall is dead and the Prison Warden is Badly Injured.

What the heck just happened there? I thought the Warden looked too bad@ss to be killed by a summoning.

I can only assume he tried constant spellcasting on the Sceleton Warrio and that the warrior has high MR or something. Any ideas?

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited November 2013
    Skeleton Warriors does indeed have high magic resistance and also +1 Two-handed Swords.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Off-topic here but when/why did they change the Animate Dead spell?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The type of skeletal warrior you summon will vary on your level. A 5HD Skeleton Warrior will have 45% magic resistance and a Long Sword +1. He will also have 40% resistance to slashing weapons (the type of weapon the Warden uses). So its entirely possible for it to resist spells and take a beating (despite a low health of 40). Its still pretty unusual that a single summon would take him down.
  • ShireShire Member Posts: 58
    Animate dead is a real treat on my solo F/C!
  • nietzschelivesnietzschelives Member Posts: 36
    ryuken87 said:

Off-topic here but when/why did they change the Animate Dead spell?

I don't think they did change it, they just updated the description and changed the sprite for skeleton warriors.

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    I seem to recall the spell was overhauled in BG:EE to amend what skeletons are summoned depending on level.

As for a Badly Injured Warden out of it, the magic of a randomised system is that sometimes, once in a blue moon, a housecat can kill a dragon, though for me it seems much more frequent that both sides will roll a series of five critical misses in a row.