Skip to content

Monk Dual-wielding?

So.... Yeah, today I discovered that I can now arm Rasaad with the Scarlet Ninjato.

In his left hand.

He now has 5 Attacks per round, is dual wielding his Fist and his Ninjato, and is suffering no dual-wielding penalties whatsoever despite having no pips in TWF (presumably because he's not actually wielding two weapons?).

Is this new, a bug, or did they suddenly decide that Monks were underpowered (cough) and needed a boost? Because that and the Stone Giant Belt instantly turned him into pretty much top tier DPS and he's something like 5 levels lower than CHARNAME.
Eudaemoniumbooinyoureyes

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I had noticed that Monks could equip an offhand weapon in BGEE since 1.2. I hadn't noticed the duel wield penalty wasn't being applied though. There are other monk APR bugs in 1.2.
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    It's possible they tried to tweak the weird way monks' hands worked and went too far.
    booinyoureyes
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Hmm.. it appears the monk fists are no longer (unlike in the vanilla games) flagged as 2H weapons.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    The other bug, which I've already postmen on the bug forum, is that fist attacks are using melee weapon APR if there is a weapon in any quickslot (but not the off hand slot). This doesn't appear to apply to monks created prior to 1.2.

I think the invisible item has been removed from the monk off hand slot since that patch, and is causing anomalies.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Shin said:

Hmm.. it appears the monk fists are no longer (unlike in the vanilla games) flagged as 2H weapons.

Yeah, I've got this picture of Rasaad making a sort of volleyball-pounding-like gesture and trying to hit somebody and failing... Or running at somebody with both of his wrists together. Sorry, Rassy.