Skip to content

#7218 [CORE] - Bug : Glaicen does not give Flail [Acid]

FleetfeetFleetfeet Member Posts: 4
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hiya! Kind of irritating bug, or I-assume-bug. Here's the things.

I cleared De'arnise keep, killing the troll boss and doing everything else, finishing with my visit to Glaicen for the third flail head. I used the RoHI on him to charm, and its success casts a dispel magic and opens a dialogue. He comments on his thankfulness that the troll boss is dead, and mentions that he must find Captain Arat. He then leaves, and you get your experience bonus.

Logically you'd find him with Captain Arat, but he is not there, and I cannot find him anywhere in the keep. If he is gone forever like I suspect he might be, then the third head of the flail is gone with him.

As a workaround, I was able to pickpocket the flail head off him before he disappears, but I figured I'd mention the bug anyhow.

Cheers!

[EDIT]

For clarity, the process:

1) Kill TorGal of De'arnise keep
2) Charm or otherwise dispel magic on Glaicen after killing TorGal
Result : Glaicen will reward you with exp, mention that he must find Captain Arat / other survivors, and leave the area without providing you the flail head [acid] that he is carrying.

Expected result : Glaicen would provide some indication / means of acquiring the flail head [acid] either during the scene, or afterwards near Captain Arat, where he claims to be heading.

Note : It is possible to pickpocket Glaicen of the flail head before he leaves, provided you know he has it in the first place already.
Post edited by Fleetfeet on

Comments

• WookieeWookiee Member Posts: 14
    I got the flail head from after charming him 30 minutes ago no problem at all so I do not think the bug is affecting everyone. Was Nalia with you? I do not think he gives it if she is not in your party.
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    edited November 2013
    I got the Acid flail head without Nalia. I encountered a bug ( http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25116/bgii-ee-spoilers-an-npc-in-de-arnise-keep-behaves-incorrectly ) where Glaicus automatically broke his charm when I loaded onto that floor of the keep, so I didn't kill or pickpocket him. He just gave me the flail head when I talked to him.

@Fleetfeet, if you still have a save from before you charmed Glaicus, you might want to upload it so the bug squashers can try to replicate the problem you encountered.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited November 2013
    @FleetFeet: Good Evening, and happy Thanksgiving!

We'll need to get a saved game from before you got the issue and a set of reproduction steps from the point of the saved game to the point where the issue happens.

Please zip or rar up the saved game and use the "Attach a File" link here to upload it. Make SURE to include some steps on how to go from where the saved game is to the point where the issue occurs.

As a note: I happen to have been one of the ones to test this quest and did manage to get all 3 heads and make the flail before I walked out of the keep, so I know it was possible...at least a couple beta builds ago. :)
  • RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
    Please confirm if Glaicas only gives

the weapon head if he dies.

He should also give the head if you can successfully charm or dispel him, but that didn't work for me. In my game he simply gave the extra XP and went out of the room
    edited November 2013
    The problem is: In the first run I had the problem(so I killed him), in the second run both ways worked. That's why I need a confirmation.

besides: hold, then dispel works better then charm
  • Cartman2020Cartman2020 Member Posts: 19
    I dominated him with Hexxat and it worked perfectly.
    I did the stronghold run twice. The first time, I think pre patch, it was only possible to get the head by using force. The second time it worked like a charm. (used hold and dispel, possible charm or dominate will work as well).
    So I'm assuming the second time through you did not manage to get the same bug? And I also assume you don't have a save game prior or at the first issue you can post up?

Can anyone else confirm?
    I do have a savegame but I can't seem to reproduce the bug, maybe it was a pre patch issue or, that is the part which should be confirmed, it maybe happening because I was faster then the initial dialog, holding him before he could start talking. Also check every inventory, not ust the inventory of the leader - he likes to drop the item in the backpack of the one undoing the spell (or the closest one?).
  • AthiuenAthiuen Member Posts: 28
    I've never had a problem with him giving me the head when I used dispel magic or remove magic on him to break the charm.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Glaicus doesn't give the flail head if TorGal was already dead. This is the same as in the original.
    This is probably wrong.
  • FleetfeetFleetfeet Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2013
    @Gate70 Thank you very much!

I'd earmarked a save file, but overwrote it. The second screenshot is exactly what happens, and the flail head then disappears with him. The bugged part of it is that he is then nowhere to be found, and there is no indication that he has the third flail head despite its existence being referenced elsewhere.

I suppose it's working as intended, but it does seem peculiar that the third flail head disappears with him, and he doesn't actually go where he says he is going. Not to mention this particular sequence of completing the dungeon (Kill TorGal -> Rescue Glaicus) results in a lost flail head, whereas (Rescue Glaicus -> Kill TorGal) has the charmed Glaicus giving you the acid flail head.
    edited December 2013
    @Gate70: Go ahead and raise a bug for it. Get me a number here and I'll get it into the list. The worst they can do is call it intended and close it with a will not fix. I'll monitor that from my end.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    I sincerely doubt they intended to lock you out of getting the complete flail entirely if you didn't get Glacien before finishing the quest - he states an intent to seek out Arat, after all. A simple fix might be worth adding even if it is working as intended - he could just drop the head before he goes, for instance.
    It's worth noting that I might've missed him in my travels. He could be somewhere, I just could not find him.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This is not a bug, just an oversight from the original devs. They are effectively 'punishing' the player for killing TorGal earlier. I would just remove his omniscience about what happened in the basement.
    Sure, or a simple "Here, take this... I suppose Lord De'Arnise won't be needing it anymore" in the dialogue box, followed with him giving the item.

Honestly, I'd expected him to be lurking around the encampment outside, and either offer it up outright if you talked to him there, or try sell it to you or whatever is fitting to his character. The bug I was assuming existed was that he was supposed to end up somewhere, but didn't make it.