Skip to content

Lothander quest

Anyone else having problems completing the Lothander quest on the iPad version? He's nowhere to be found. I got the scroll to remove the geas. He's not at the fortune teller's tent, nor at the inn where he is suppose to be on the 2nd floor. He's nowhere to be found.

If this were PC I could just cheat to spawn him, but I can't do that on the iPad... help?? My party is going to die in a few days if this doesn't get resolved.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jcanonjcanon Member Posts: 2
    Rasaad isn't in my party. :/
  • jcanonjcanon Member Posts: 2
    Just traveled down and got Rasaad in my party, took him to the inn and released him hoping it'd spawn Lothander. Still nothing. Nobody else is having this problem on the iPad version?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Sounds like a bug to report to me. Putting it in the known bugs post.
  • LoopyLoopy Member Posts: 1
    I am having the exact same problem on my iPad.. I'm stuck!!!
  • fledinfledin Member Posts: 1
    This is indeed still a problem on the iPad. A bug as old as this one shouldn't still be in-game considering how game breaking it is.
    cunningandvalor
  • cunningandvalorcunningandvalor Member Posts: 4
    I am also having this problem on the iPad version with all of the updates. It's pretty frustrating.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    The iPad version hasn't actually been updated, though. It's still as-is at release. Hopefully this will be fixed in the upcoming patch.
  • cunningandvalorcunningandvalor Member Posts: 4
    Oh, I thought when I originally downloaded it it said an update was available and installed it. Maybe not. Still, pretty annoyed I made it this far and now cannot proceed.
  • IrialIrial Member Posts: 5
    I got this problem and waited for the patch, hoping that would fix it, but it hasn't. In fact, now I can't even find the geas scroll, even though I had it in my items! :( Has anyone resolved this?
    Never mind, I found the geas scroll! Lothander still isn't there though.
    If you have the windows version, you can spawn Lothandar by exporting your save from the iPad into your windows version, using the Console to spawn Lothandar, and dumping the save back on the iPad.

I realize that doesn't help most of you who don't own two copies of the game. Hopefully the upcoming patch to the iPad will fix this problem.
    Yea a patch was released recently and I was really hopeful that it was fixed, but it wasn't for me. Maybe because I was already in the middle of the quest. Do you know if Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga would work with the iPad Enhanced Edition to spawn Lothander?
  • keuunnykeuunny Member Posts: 15
    if you mean patch 1.2, it isn't officially out for the ipad yet. It's been submitted according to Trent's twitter account, but Apple needs to approve it
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I can see now, on my iPad, that I have no 1.2 patch. Apple has yet to approve it.
    Ah ok, I'll wait for that patch then and hope for the best. Thanks guys!
    @Irial: IF that doesn't do it, you MIGHT be able to get Lothander to spawn via the original game...but I would be VERY careful. Some of my testing during beta showed an incompatibility between the old saves and the new saves: i.e. the old game may NOT be able to load new 1.2 patch saves.

If I were you I'd save a backup copy of your current game NOW before the 1.2 patch arrives. If you don't get Lothander when you load up your game via 1.2, you might consider loading up your backup and try to load it into the original game and see if you can get him to spawn. Or, honestly, I think I'd try to get him to spawn prior to loading the 1.2 patch if you have the resources.
  • Blfsh3Blfsh3 Member Posts: 1
    Spent all day trying to fix this quest. Lothander is missing from the Blade and Stars. I never had Rasaad in my party so that's not it. Tried CLUAConsole but I cant get it to work. Dont even want to cheat at the game I enjoy playing it as is. Just want to finish the quest for the exp and the bow. Or just have the poison go away so i can play the ToSC expansion all the way through. I have enough time to kill Savorak, but I wanted to play through the expansion since I never had a chance to do this 13 years ago when I first played the original version of this game.
    Let's see if we can get this to work for you. I suspect we should be able to get a spawn in and Global Variable set via the console.

So first, the quest should be fixed via the 1.2 patch, HOWEVER there may be a problem that if you've already gotten to Lothandar and he's not there, the patch MAY NOT fix it. That's not official, just how a lot of the patch fixing is working right now (once the trigger for any given piece happens, the patch can't fix the trigger...chicken an egg scenario and all that).

@Troodon80: Can you help here? Do you know the CLUA Command to Spawn Lothander and whether or not there'd need to be a global set to get past this? I'm suspecting we'd just need to spawn Lothandar and the quest could continue from there.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited November 2013
    @Illydth @Blfsh3,
    C:CreateCreature("LOTHAN")

@Blfsh3, how far through the quest have you been able to go? There are a number of variables dependant on what stage in the quest you were. I'm not sure how this will work on the iPad.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    Just an update on my case if anyone's interesting: The bug has stopped working for me!
    At first it happened as it was supposed to, after ten days. Then I just kept reloading save games and it started happening less and less. And it also happened straight away if I completed a quest or started a new one, but even that stopped. I completed the game yesterday! :)
    I have no idea how it happened, but I just said I'd update you all anyway.