Skip to content

Transferring BGEE Saves to iPad

2»

Comments

• CarrotCarrot Member Posts: 1
    It is nice to that a workaround exists even though it is a bit convoluted but the programmers need to offer a system of using Macintosh save games on the iPad and vice versa
  • BJMJDBJMJD Member Posts: 192
    @Carrot
    It is on their to do list, à cloud which allow to move your saves from à PC/Mac/Ipad/Android tablet to another of this devices.
  • D3V11_D3V11_ Member Posts: 69
    has any one had trouble lately transferring saves from PC to iPad? I have not done this for a while (have not used my iPad to play BG EE for a while) and today wanted to, but when I moved the saves from PC to iPad the PC saves do not show up.

I am using BG EE PC version 1.2.0 and iPod version 1.0.3 (i believe that is the latest iPad version out currently). I have noticed the contents of the saved directory are a little different from the two versions and I am thinking that an update caused this issue (this is only my guess) because I have transferred saved games a while back without a problem. My character files transfer over without a problem, and I have not tried to transfer saved games from iPad to PC yet.

I tried looking for a solution on Google, but no luck.

• timerinotimerino Member Posts: 11
    blipmusic said:

mlnevese said:

@blipmusic Cloud saves will be implemented in the future. The devs said it would be cross-platform compatible.

Sounds great!
    I remember seeing this when the game was first announced. I would really really appreciate this feature as well.
  • TravelleriTravelleri Member Posts: 32
    Android version will be "in the future" as well...
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited January 2014
    I read above that if we own the PC version then, after exporting characters with the new NPCs, we will be able to play on the iPad with the new content. Even if we dont purchase it for the iPad. I think that is fair and a good beamdog initiative!

Is there any way to avoid starting the game from the PC to have the new NPCs on the iPad? Maybe a cloud option? Or as we are registered maybe we can get the DLCs for free? Just asking :-)
  • timerinotimerino Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2014
    Found "import from saved games" but my list is empty.

I found another discussion to continue this discussion "bg1ee to bg2ee."
    Post edited by timerino on
  • ZlackerZlacker Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    oops wrong forum.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    THe instructions here worked beautifully. Thanks!
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Just to confirm: this works for the ipad version of BG2EE as well, just transferred my solo savegames to the ipad with ifunbox on a Mac and they open fine. No renaming required.
  • vonchizvonchiz Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    Is this still the only way to do this? I used it before but I built a new computer and now I am very leery of installing iFunBox again. Every time I installed it or ran it before both my antivirus and firewall constantly screamed malware warnings at me.
  • foreverplutsovforeverplutsov Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone!
    I have a big problem and I don't know how to solve it.
    I transfered my BG2TOB savegame from Ipad to PC as it was described above, but when I try to load this save on PC the game crashes. However when I transfer a new savegame from PC to Ipad it works properly.
    How is it possible to solve it? I hope for your help
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Any mod installed?
    Is the pc version updated?