Skip to content

Baldur's Gate on the iphone

kruugkruug Member Posts: 69
propose to discuss the possibility of launching games on your phone

Comments

• kruugkruug Member Posts: 69
    many fans have adapted the game for IPhone and play normally, so why no official support?
  • keuunnykeuunny Member Posts: 15
    I think I remember Trent Oster saying that they did try to run it on iphone, but found the screen to be too tiny to be enjoyable
    edited December 2013
    keuunny said:

I think I remember Trent Oster saying that they did try to run it on iphone, but found the screen to be too tiny to be enjoyable

let give the buyer a choice
    I'll buy for iphone

• MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    I already find the screen kinda small on my Ipad, i wonder who in their right mind would buy it on Iphone.
  • TravelleriTravelleri Member Posts: 32
    I can't really see how you could play BG with your Iphone... =)

I saw, comfortably

• iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Do you really hate yourself that much?
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    kruug said:

keuunny said:

I'll buy for iphone

I've seen videos of people who've somehow gotten the game working on android phones, obviously not the Enhanced Edition, and it looked and played horrible.

Now, why would any developer spend countless hours and money to port the game to the iPhone when the experience can't be anything but subpar?
    All they would get out of that is horrible reviews and costumers complaining that it didn't live up to expectations.
    And it could never live up to expectations.

Just think about the amount of work just to somehow simplify the controls to even work on the iPhone.

It just wouldn't work.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    Meyahi said:

I already find the screen kinda small on my Ipad, i wonder who in their right mind would buy it on Iphone.

Yes, it is a lot smaller than a computer, and don't even think of iPad mini...

And, you won't be able to read a single crap nowhere unless you put the game a 6792 font size, also, you'll keep on directing your characters where they don't have to go, besides, this could be dangerous, imagine you can play almost everywhere with the iPad, and can play everywhere with your iPhone? The number of fans of the game walking in the street (if not while driving) while plating BG:EE in their iPhones.... I don't think it will be SO safe :P
  • famousringofamousringo Member Posts: 28
    kruug said:

keuunny said:

I'll buy for iphone

It's easy to tell that you don't need to pay developer salaries or provide any customer support.

9/10 iPhone buyers would leave a one-star review, demand a refund, and storm onto these forums to whinge like a tide of kicked puppies. Instead of the rare "Why no iPhone?" thread, we'd be drowned in "WTF iPhone!" threads.
  • TravelleriTravelleri Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2013
    Heh, Iphone 5's screen has 4 inches. Even tho my Xperia Z has 5 inches I really cant see that being realistic. U would need some kind of mobile UI and that would probably break the immersion. Maybe u can come up with a good example, kruug? The only way u could do that really is on android phone, with HDMI out and bluetooth keyboard and a mouse. I did that with Fallout 2 via a Windows 95/98 emulator. X-Com: Terror from the deep also worked like that but there was a lot of haxxor magic and a rooted phone needed to get it work. =)
    ok,
    in this case will set a pirated version for my phone (they were able to adapt, and developers do not have)
    178 views of this discus niodnogo supporter
    I am very disappointed (((
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited December 2013
    Advocating software piracy is against the forum rules. If this continues I'll close the thread.

This is just a friendly reminder for everyone to read the site rules.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    kruug said:

ok,
    in this case will set a pirated version for my phone (they were able to adapt, and developers do not have)

Now all we need are software pirates to plan, write, gather artists and code games, and we can get rid of those dumb developers once and for all!
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    Kilivitz said:

kruug said:

ok,

Now all we need are software pirates to plan, write, gather artists and code games, and we can get rid of those dumb developers once and for all!
    At least they got the distribution part down after all the rest of that is done. ;)
    I played on the fourth iPhone4 and must say it looks very cool, but there is one thing but to play well only in passing one character
    430 views discussion suggests that people interested in the phone as a gaming platform for BG
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    FWIW, I viewed this but I'm not interested in this on an iPhone. Or any phone for that matter. Too small.
  • ReverendBobReverendBob Member Posts: 4
    kruug said:

430 views discussion suggests that people interested in the phone as a gaming platform for BG

For what it is worth, I have viewed this thread only to see the crazy argument for trying to adapt BG for a phone interface. I think it is a laughably terrible idea.