Skip to content

For a sorceror; simulacrum or summon fiend?

seems simulacrum is often the popular choice among 8th lvl picks. The fact that it gets better as you gain levels is certainly appealing.

but with summon fiend, you can use project image to spam lots of glabrezus; whereas with the simulacrum you can only have one. having 6-8 glabrezus could be pretty awesome; but since they have flat stats...anybody know how well they perform in late ToB?

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    You'll be eating Glabrezus for breakfast once you get to ToB unless you've got aTweaks installed which buffs them up to their badass PnP versions. Simulcrum might be a better choice otherwise.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    WHY IN THE NINE HELLS, BAATOR AND THE ABYSS YOU ARE NOT SELECTING ABI DALZIM'S HORRID WILTING?????? AND PROTECTION FROM ENERGY, OR MAYBE BIGBY'S CLEMCHED FIST?????? OR WHAT ABOUT A PIERCE SHIELD OR A SPELL TRIGGER??????
    Also, sorry, but it is that time of the month when you feel awful and angry.

EDIT and I'll had to mention that, first, I'm male, and second, I haven't brought BG2:EE yet so I am feeling bad. But I still having the original game running. And third, iPad's keyboard sucks, it is OK, but not if you have a pair of XXXL hands like me.
  • Ziva75Ziva75 Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2013
    @Flashburn ty; i had no idea what the relative power difference was

@CrevsDaak

lolzerz; most of those you mention go without saying! my current planned 8th lvl lineup is:

horrid wilting; power word blind; spell trigger; and simulacrum.

protection from energy can be made up by using both protection from magical energy and protection from the elements

pierce shield, ... won't spellstrike do the same job, but better? (not that everyone takes spellstrike, but im planing on it)

bigbies clenched fist feels like it has a too short duration...

EDIT: actually IIRC, the 6th lvl spell protection from magical energy gives 100% immunity, not 50 % as the manual claims. Is this still true for EE, or did they 'fix' it?

@Ziva75
    I really recommend using Breach (lvl 5) and Ruby ray of Reversal (lvl 7).
    And Prot. Form magical energy should give 100% resistance, while Protection from energy give 75% to all the types of energy damage (everything but no physical and no acid res). And Project Image lefts Simulacrum as a very bad spell, since it is one level lower and you have ALL your mages spell. Remember Chain Contingency with a P. Image to STATE:HELPLESS, then Spell Immunity:Divination (lvl5) and then cast a P. Image, the other Image will spawn, and thus, you will have TWO IMAGES THAT CAN'T BE DISPELLED TROUGH TRUE SIGHT. Cheese from a munchkin Powergamer :P
    @CrevsDaak

Good lord! Could you also chain contingency 3 P. Image with stae set to 'helpless' to spawn THREE images? (which are not immune to truesight)?
    @Ziva75 no. Not so much exploit :P but be sure to put an invisibility spell so you don't get chuncked. The other two images will not appear.
    edited December 2013
    I guess it makes sense, as you are no longer 'helpless' after the first stored project image goes off. i will certaintly have to try this stuff.

EDIT: I don't have BGII EE either, but I have the first one and am planning ahead. thanks again for the help! what a fantastic game.
  • wizzywazzowizzywazzo Member Posts: 33
    Simulicrum for sure, keep a gate scroll and then cast with your simulicrum.