Skip to content

Does Reflected Image stack with Mirror Image?

Does Reflected Image stack with Mirror Image, if so, what is the overall effect? Is it just one extra image over Mirror Image? Trying to decide if Reflected Image is worth a spell slot for my fighter/mage...

Comments

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Couldn't you just visibly check it and see if the standard Mirror Image gets an extra image with the use of Reflected image?

My educated guess would be no though, seeing how similar spells like Chant and Bless don't stack
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Okay, have just tested (adding the scrolls into the game via Shadowkeeper), they seem to replace each other, so if you cast Mirror Image, then Reflected Image, you just get 2 images (your own and the reflected one). Probably not worth a spell slot then...
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    reflected image is just a weaker version of mirror. Once you get mirror it is pointless.. even before then it isn't that useful
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    The only use I can think of for reflected image is giving you a 50% save against traps while soloing a mage before you can cast level 2 spells.
    Oxford_GuyCrevsDaak
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    ajwz said:

The only use I can think of for reflected image is giving you a 50% save against traps while soloing a mage before you can cast level 2 spells.

Yes, though that's basically 50% death/no death (although Find Familar helps here for the HP, if nothing else, depending on the Familiar... )
  • syllogsyllog Member Posts: 158
    Yeah, I was disappointed. I was hoping they would be checked sequentially. If that were the case it would be a really useful spell. Halving the chance of an attack randomly bypassing mirror image.
    Alas.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Couldn't you just visibly check it and see if the standard Mirror Image gets an extra image with the use of Reflected image?

My educated guess would be no though, seeing how similar spells like Chant and Bless don't stack

Chant and Bless do stack :P
    And nice threadcromany @syllog :P