Skip to content

*Spoilers* Should players...

13»

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Ayiekie said:

You could assume she rips out her throat. In fact, by the canonical explanation of why she did it, she should've. Add the surprise of it and you don't have a chance to stop her, Clara dies instantly. Of course, you ought to be able to rez her, but you ought to be able to rez MOST NPCs in the game that unwantedly die, so that's hardly a new problem.

And Hexxat's voice acting is better than most of the original content, to me. Imoen is downright painful compared to all four new NPCs, for instance. So is Bodhi. I would say a lot of the new voice acting that isn't for the main four NPCs is kind of bad, though.

I don't think anything has quite managed to top Ekandor's 'What? Not again.' yet, though.

I will say, though, when you're in chapter 6 going to confront Bodhi, Dorn's delivery of some of his lines is really quite painful. Jarringly so.
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Lathrael said:

And the scene did not gave me the feeling that it happened so suddenly, Clara even had time to beg. It's more like poorly done, i think.

That's why I said "the canonical explanation". I agree the way the scene was done you didn't really get the impression that's how it happened; I've noted before I think everything would've worked better if Hexxat had killed her suddenly and then done the "I'm sorry, Clara" line (also would make her more remorseful and thus less initially off-putting to some parties). But eh, what's done is done and it's still a pretty common problem. Can't save Xzar, can't save the guy being assassinated that's supposed to help you into the Asylum, and they're both pretty much the same type of situation.

• KithrixxKithrixx Member Posts: 215
    This is a pretty garbage poll, by the way.

I feel there's nothing wrong with players wanting to try to save Clara and kill Hexxat when it becomes apparent that she's a vampire. There's "plenty" of time for players to intervene. Considering that Beamdog has promised additional content based on community feedback, it's not "whining" or anything else - it's feedback.

The OP is literally being mad about other people wanting something different that will not impact them in any way, and it's pathetic.
  • DisgruntlerDisgruntler Member Posts: 100
    Ayiekie said:

You could assume she rips out her throat. In fact, by the canonical explanation of why she did it, she should've. Add the surprise of it and you don't have a chance to stop her, Clara dies instantly. Of course, you ought to be able to rez her, but you ought to be able to rez MOST NPCs in the game that unwantedly die, so that's hardly a new problem.

And Hexxat's voice acting is better than most of the original content, to me. Imoen is downright painful compared to all four new NPCs, for instance. So is Bodhi. I would say a lot of the new voice acting that isn't for the main four NPCs is kind of bad, though.

White text appears during Claras dead, that says Hexxat drinks her blood. I replayed the scene a couple days ago, but have no screenshot.

• Edwin_OdesseironEdwin_Odesseiron Member Posts: 226
    @Kithrixx

You are yet another simian who not only commented, but voted as well, THEN proceeded to call this poll garbage.

Feedback is one thing, but having the same topic brought up again and again is simply irritating. Moreover, I have already stated that this thread wasn't meant to be taken too seriously, it's for a bit of fun.

So before you go polluting my thread with your worthless input, read the rest of the comments first, and get off that self-righteous high horse you're on while you're at it.

So no, the OP, (in his infinite wisdom), is being "mad" about other people nagging about the same thing incessantly, not about their right to voice an opinion. Take a hike.
  • KithrixxKithrixx Member Posts: 215

@Kithrixx

You are yet another simian who not only commented, but voted as well, THEN proceeded to call this poll garbage.

Feedback is one thing, but having the same topic brought up again and again is simply irritating. Moreover, I have already stated that this thread wasn't meant to be taken too seriously, it's for a bit of fun.

So before you go polluting my thread with your worthless input, read the rest of the comments first, and get off that self-righteous high horse you're on while you're at it.

So no, the OP, (in his infinite wisdom), is being "mad" about other people nagging about the same thing incessantly, not about their right to voice an opinion. Take a hike.

I'll go wherever I damn well please and say whatever I damn well please. I voted in the poll because, aside from the pointless commentary attached, it was a pretty straightforward yes/no poll.

That aside, all of this "nagging" is just people offering their thoughts on the matter. So what if it's repetitive? It's not mindless or spam, so you really have no right to complain regardless of if it's in a "joking manner" or not. It is, at most, a minor inconvenience to you.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    It strikes me more as a festering boil, but hey.
  • But who will advocate for the plight of poor De'Arnise servant #2? Chunked and splattered across the keep before his time had truly come, right in front of the party with no chance to stop it. And that characterization! Feel the pathos in those futile cries for help which suggest a living, breathing character who truly does not want to die! Why shouldn't I be able to save him a recruit him as a patsy-I mean squire to accompany me on my many adventures, providing his own salt of the earth wisdom and lovable grousing about not wanting to get squished into paste?

I guess we could try to save Lord De'Arnise while we're at it.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Well personally I'm never going to recruit an evil murdering vampire, even if she's the only pure thief outside of Yoshimo. I was really hoping for a neutral pure thief since the only non multi/dual thief is well Yoshimo. And darn it I WANT a pure thief without having to play one myself since I prefer playing mages. Sorry, ranting....
  • LathraelLathrael Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013
    Ayiekie said:

Lathrael said:

And the scene did not gave me the feeling that it happened so suddenly, Clara even had time to beg. It's more like poorly done, i think.

That's why I said "the canonical explanation". I agree the way the scene was done you didn't really get the impression that's how it happened; I've noted before I think everything would've worked better if Hexxat had killed her suddenly and then done the "I'm sorry, Clara" line (also would make her more remorseful and thus less initially off-putting to some parties). But eh, what's done is done and it's still a pretty common problem. Can't save Xzar, can't save the guy being assassinated that's supposed to help you into the Asylum, and they're both pretty much the same type of situation.

You can save Xzar. I do it all the times. But dialog gets bugged and you cannot recruit him :)

(He gets in a shock and all he says "you are not montaron!")
    Kaigen said:

But who will advocate for the plight of poor De'Arnise servant #2? Chunked and splattered across the keep before his time had truly come, right in front of the party with no chance to stop it. And that characterization! Feel the pathos in those futile cries for help which suggest a living, breathing character who truly does not want to die! Why shouldn't I be able to save him a recruit him as a patsy-I mean squire to accompany me on my many adventures, providing his own salt of the earth wisdom and lovable grousing about not wanting to get squished into paste?

When playing good, I always try to save all of them, and succeed at a few. You're mocking, but yeah, if you're to immerse yourself in the game their lives matter too. Why wouldn't they?
    Kaigen said:

I guess we could try to save Lord De'Arnise while we're at it.

Usually you are. The problem is that he's dead before you can reach him.
    Lathrael said:

You can save Xzar. I do it all the times. But dialog gets bugged and you cannot recruit him :)

Only by gaming the system, and even then I'm pretty sure he dies if their dialogue has a chance to complete - isn't he on a timer to die even if the Harper never touches him? Or are you talking about the trick of aiming a resurrection spell at him just before he dies? That's hardly a "chance to save him"... and if it is, I can "save" Clara the same way by force-rejoining her back to the party right before she dies (and then resurrecting her as any other party member).

• LathraelLathrael Member Posts: 69
    Ayiekie said:

Lathrael said:

Only by gaming the system, and even then I'm pretty sure he dies if their dialogue has a chance to complete - isn't he on a timer to die even if the Harper never touches him? Or are you talking about the trick of aiming a resurrection spell at him just before he dies? That's hardly a "chance to save him"... and if it is, I can "save" Clara the same way by force-rejoining her back to the party right before she dies (and then resurrecting her as any other party member).

Heh true :D Just talk the harper assassin before she talks to Xzar, then cut her down for good :) I still count this as a success :P

Not going to let one of my favaurites from BG1 to die for a one-way plot, and especially when it gives me more chance to rid of one more harper, i say :P
    edited December 2013
    Kithirixx, I'll make whatever polls I damn well please. Then I can sit back and laugh while idiots like you who think the polls are garbage actually bother to vote AND comment on them. Clown.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Apathy is the only appropriate response to posts that I do not read.

If peoples' desire for something to be added somehow offends you, I suggest you attempt to cease reading them yourself.
    Read the rest of the comments before commenting yourself. Would save me the time of repeating once more that this thread was a bit of fun.

That being said, if you don't like it, take your own advice and move along.