Skip to content

[BG:EE] PLEASE READ - LIST OF THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED.

Comments

• ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    Does somebody know if casting spells will look like in BG 2 or like in Icewindale because I really don't like how they cast spells in Icewindale? Thanks
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @ShadowHunter

Overhaul doesn't have access to the assets of the Icewind Dale games, so I'm sure they'll either use stuff from BG2 or come up with stuff of their own.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    @TrentOster Good to know, I mean it's what its usually done today. Even that terrible securom "limited use" drm eventualy... gets patched after a year or so. Still, I hope Beamdog, or at least your team, holds strong!
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    love the fact that you can romance the new characters since the original game didn't have romancing without mods and it was a favorite feature of BG2
    immagikmanego1ste
  • Pipe249Pipe249 Member Posts: 17
    love the soundtracks, hope you put some screenshots soon :D
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited August 2012
    @Pipe249 - there are some screenshots over at baldursgate.com. I won't repost them here to avoid clogging the OP.
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622

Why are you stalking me with these asinine, irrelevant questions?

He did something similar with me. Stalked any sort of threads where I generated ideas for Fighter Kits.
    @Boaster

Because if I read topics that interest me I HAVE to be a stalker. *rolls eyes*

Is it that difficult to believe that it has to do with people posting similar stuff in different threads?
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    Tanthalas said:

@Boaster

Because if I read topics that interest me I HAVE to be a stalker. *rolls eyes*

Is it that difficult to believe that it has to do with people posting similar stuff in different threads?

Idk. :)
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    @boaster "Posts: 2,850" he's probably present in every thread in this forum lol
    Brimstone
    Edited the OP to reflect the portrait pack that is being bundled with BG:EE, at long last. I'm sorry it took this long but I wanted Trent to confirm it before I added it to the list.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    This is just amazing! Love it!
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2012

For BGEE, if we ever had to shut down Beamdog completely, we'd patch the game to remove any checks before we took the auth server down.

@TrentOster Thanks for the reply Trent, this was the only issue keeping me on the fence. On my way to preorder...
    mch202AndreaColombo
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    @AndreaColombo, i am not sure if i missed something, but i didn't want to make a new thread about it.

Do we know if they are putting any new items in the game? For example new armor with different colours than the existing ones ( f.e. purple armor gief) or some weapons that are coloured differently, and of course in general if they are putting in new arms and armor in the game, maybe with some cool effects?
    edited August 2012
    @Mornmagor

New items? Yeah, they have to put katanas and the like in.

I have no idea about recoloured armor though.
    @Tanthalas

Cheers, would be nice if they add some stuff like that besides katanas :P
    I've edited the OP to give due credit to @PhillipDaigle for writing the new NPCs alongside Dave Gross, and to Madoline Bee for drawing the new GUI alongside Nat Jones.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    New weapons sounds tempting. Hope they are not overpowered. One of the things I love in Baldur's Gate is that there is no single weapon that is best in anything. This makes the game more tactical, and as I like to say, more diverse.
    Yeah i was mostly meaning new items (weapons and armor) that, since they are new, have a different colour to them than the existing ones, and since i heard something about the colour palette being extended, it would be kinda cool to see some new cool combinations for new armors or swords :]
    @mch202 - thanks for pointing that out, it should be fixed now.
    mch202
    edited August 2012
    Trent gave the answer through twitter actually.

"We are adding anumber of new items to #bgee to even the item spread out a bit for the classes and the new kits."

Cheers Trent.

Let's hope there are some nice plate armors in there too, with a nicer colour :DD
    @Mornmagor

Though that's not exactly what you were asking though. We'll have to see if these will have different colours.
    edited August 2012
    @Tanthalas

Yeah it's not exactly what i asked. But still having some new items in the game is something.

Let's hope for armors with cool colours too ^^

Eh wonderful devs? Eh? :P

P.S. made a thread to request it properly.
    Post edited by Mornmagor on
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    On twitter:

@TrentOster: We're adding a few magic clubs.  The game seemed a little empty in that area.”

@TrentOster: We are adding anumber of new items to #bgee to even the item spread out a bit for the classes and the new kits.”

@TrentOster: At level 1 a Kensai is pretty much a fighter, and not a very great one.  They take a while to get up to speed.”

@TrentOster: All kits are available as player character choices.  You can create a Wild Mage, Monk, Blackguard etc...”

:)
    Rerel
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Mornmagor said:

Trent gave the answer through twitter actually.

"We are adding anumber of new items to #bgee to even the item spread out a bit for the classes and the new kits."

Cheers Trent.

Let's hope there are some nice plate armors in there too, with a nicer colour :DD

kit(S)!?!
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I'm wondering, will we see a trailer of the game in action before release?
    Majoca
    edited August 2012

kit(S)!?!

I believe he was referring to the fact that kits are a new thing to Baldur's Gate, as they were originally only in SoA/ToB. There is going to be just one new kit as in never-before-seen, and that is the Blackguard.
    Kyon
  • KyonKyon Member Posts: 128
    Yes I am very happy for this new kits :)