Skip to content

issues with EE keeper and more...

hello, everyone.

i've been having problems with ee keeper on my mac. the app seems to run smoothly (item/spell browser etc.) but it doesn't find any saved game nor character file to open (I already tried to move both from my documents to the resources cabinet within bg2ee app with no result, and so did try to open files with the ee keeper app)…

please help! I just want to get a few characterization improvements to my kensai and customize party members…

thanks!

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Tidus, when did you download the Wineskinned version? @AstroBryGuy uploaded a new version yesterday/today. You can find information about it here.

@Dee, can you merge this with the Keeper thread? :)
  • TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    @Troodon80, thank you for the reply!

I downloaded the .exe version from sourceforge and the made an app out of it with wine…
    as it is I can index both bg1 and bg2 resources but have no way to open saved games/characters… :(
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Tidus, in that case, what version of the Wine engine are you using? AstroBryGuy did some experiments and found that an older version produced better results than the newer versions of Wine. I am unsure of the setup procedure for the Mac version of EE Keeper, and so it would be up to AstroBryGuy to help. perhaps you need to make some links to what should be the Windows Documents directory.
    just got @AstroBryGuy version and it works!

thank you @Troodon80!
  • ArtheusArtheus Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem. I have installed the EE Keeper winecontainer and the EE app starts allright but every time it complains that it can't open dialog.tlk and that the game's path is incorrect. Where should I go from here?

Imac 2009, OSX 10.7.5 tried EE Keper 1.0.0.0 and 1.0.2.1

Many thanks
    find that file and paste it into the resources folder (app -> show package contents): it should bypass the issue...
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Artheus - what version of BG[1/2]EE are you running, i.e., did you get it from the Mac Store or Beamdog?