Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577

@marceror: yeah, but the seven quotes of the Bioware meme let me fear the forum has lost that knowledge... ;)
    Happy to see that I was wrong, so...
    Could you guys put under spoiler all those quotes, just for the sake of a better readability?
    From a PC loading pages like this one is still doable, but from mobile is a real pain! XD

I'm serious, thanks! ;D

That's strange. Looking at this page on IE8 (which is what I have on my work laptop) I see the original Bioware meme and my reply to it. All other subsequent references to that meme require me to click on a "show previous quotes" link for the meme to show up, so there's a grand total of 2 instances of that meme showing, which doesn't seem unreasonable (and is a far cry less than the 7 you mention). I'm not sure if it works differently on other browsers/versions of IE. Will take a look on my home PC later today, which has a later version of IE, Chrome and Firefox, and if appropriate, adjust my posts.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited December 2013
    @marceror there is actually a setting on the forum that shows more previous quotes, effectively causing the picture to popup multiple times instead of once, I do not think browsers have anything to do with it.
    Edit: Go to "Account Options" and then "Quote Settings". I have mine set to two levels deep.
    Basically, this means I saw it three times.
    Mine is set to one level deep, so this is why it never occurred to me that a spoiler tag would even be necessary.
    Okay, I have edited my posts to include spoiler tags, but I would certainly suggest that those who are concerned about forum performance switch their quote settings so they aren't at the mercy of those, like me, who opted only to display one level, and therefore don't feel your pain.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Seems that on mobile this thing doesn't work... Uhm.. I have to go through this... I will ask! ;D

EDIT: ok, I've opened an issue about quote settings on mobile in the Moderator Area: let's see what will come up! ;)

BTW, thanks @marceror about editing your posts :)
    edited December 2013
    Sure thing, and thanks for raising the issue on mobile. This has turned out to be a productive side-dialogue. [insert thumbs up smiley here]
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Metalloman somewhere in settings there is something about quote's levels. Just change it.
    @CrevsDaak no. He knows that already since I already stated it. I think it is actually a glitch.
    @GemHound I am too lazy to read everything, later I will.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Meme thread, yo.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    @onan: I agree with @Schneidend: this post fits the MEME thread. Merged.
    Now THAT, my friends is a bard.
    onan said:

Hope he is using Enhanced Bard Song High level Ability, otherwise he WILL get hurt :P
    That bard song HLA gives 10 bonus to AC :D that's why I love Hairy D.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

I'd have thought a Painbearer of Illmater more fitting, personally

puns are the lowest form of humor

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    my siiiiidesss
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited December 2013

So hot they cause fire damage

Fire damage caused by Burning Hands...

*badum tsss*
    Yep, they are Aganoziringly Scorching

And I'm quite sure @AcridSyphilis has an Acid Arrow that may do some damage...