Skip to content

Help! Minsc went crazy!

Warning: minor spoilers ahead-

So, I just found the house of that wizard who sell spells near beregost and my party went there, had a tough fight with the golens and minsc used berserk, anyways after we won I went to talk with the wizard. Right after finishing shopping, minsc leaves berserk and just a few seconds after it he just becomes agressive! Out of nothing, just gets hostile.

Its not his berserk effect, as he goes nuts just a few secs after leaving that state! I also have dynaheir in my party, in fact shes the first to attack him when he goes hostile. Thing is, I have my only save right after talking to the wizard, and minsc always goes agressive few secs later! Killing him also isnt an option as he's my favorite character, but I would really prefer to avoid having to restart as I already have tons of hours into gameplay! Also I dont know if this had something to do with it, but when minsc was berserk I charmed him to prevent him from killing khalid in his rage. Is it possible to be related to my problem?

So, how do I fix it?

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Hisashi, can you upload a save game?
  • HisashiHisashi Member Posts: 3
    Troodon80 said:

@Hisashi, can you upload a save game?

Where can I find my save game?
  • HisashiHisashi Member Posts: 3
    Nevermind, solved my problem! For those who get the same bug as me in the future, just do the following: reform party, remove the npc right before he becomes hostile, then talk to him again. With this, he will come back to the party withouth any problems! By the way I believe this bug is related to charm spell. Seems like he was charmed by me, but somehow became hostile when it ended (wasnt attacking me or anything, just got the red circle around him).
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Troodon80 (just realozed your username sound like the type of name I would give to a panda, or it is otherwise maybe, I saw your panda pic for so many time that I think all the pandas should be named like that, anyway, it does not matter :P) Bug was solved, but still not fixed.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    When a charm ends, the charmed character becomes hostile to the one who chamed him/her. That's how it works. For instance, using charm to recover a charmed character is a bad idea, as the character will end up being hostile to you. Use dispell magic if you want to get rid of a charm.
    In my opinion, there is no bug to fix here.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Hisashi, your save games can be found in the Documents directory, in \Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save\, assuming you are using Windows. You can Zip/RAR/7-Zip up the save game folder, e.g. 000000004-My Save Game, then attach the archived files using the 'Attach a file' link just below the comment box in this topic.

What we would be interested in getting is a save game just before Minsc goes hostile; specifically to see if Minsc is actually affected by any charm-related effects. If you don't have one (i.e. using Quick Saves and it has since been overwritten), then we'll move this to Not As Issue.

I have not been able to replicate the issue using a Charm spell, which is why I was asking.

@CrevsDaak @Isaya, we'll keep it open for the time being just in case there is anything more going on here. :)