Skip to content

#7311 [DORN] - Dorn's Storyline: Azothet Clones

BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
After having defeated Simon and Garfunkel and spoken with Azothet, she is not unsummoned but resummoned an unlimited amount of times, resulting in an unlimited amount of Azothet clones. When this bug occured I practically lost all control of the game (since I can't actually do anything during a cutscene) and had to eventually close the game without saving.

Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce the bug. I thought that it might have had something to do with the dialogue options I chose, but I am quite sure I chose the same ones as the first time when attempting to reproduce.

--

EDIT: Alright, managed to reproduce with the following steps (keep in mind though that it doesn't work every time, and I have no idea why):
1. Load attached saved game.
2. Travel to de'Arnise Keep, but be ambushed by knights. Choose dialogue option 3.
3. Defeat knights.
4. Azothet will appear. Choose dialogue options 2, 3, 3, 1, 3, 1, 1.
5. Notice that an unlimited amount of Azothet clones are summoned, one by one.

Note: I was able to take a screenshot in the split second between summons where the UI is visible. Might be helpful somehow.

Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• CarpetsmokerCarpetsmoker Member Posts: 9
    I also have this problem, it seems consistent (three times in a row) ... I'll try choosing different dialog options later ... Going through the same battle time & time again is rather tiresome ...

FYI, I'm using version 1.2.2030 (the latest version).
    In the meanwhile I've tried a bunch of conversation options, all lead to the same effect: Azothet keeps teleporting in.

To be clear: my game is now stuck, since both the Quick-Save & Auto-Save are after killing the Helmites, and traveling anywhere leads me to the battle with Simon and Garfunkel.
    My last non-Auto/QuickSave is quite some time ago, and I obviously do not look forward (re-)playing a large part of the game ...
    I'm really looking forward to a patch or workaround ...

Thanks
    edited November 2013
    ... And here's my save-game, perhaps this is useful
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    I'm having the same problem. I'm stuck. Someone found a solution or a trick to avoid the neverending Azteth clones?
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    I tried that. But to no avail. I finally managed to progress by cheat-killing everyone with ctrl-Y except Garfunkel. I then killed him normally and Azoteth spawned without cloning.
    Helias said:

I tried that. But to no avail. I finally managed to progress by cheat-killing everyone with ctrl-Y except Garfunkel. I then killed him normally and Azoteth spawned without cloning.

Thanks, that `solved' the issue.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Is there a solution for this yet? I´ve done it twice now, chosen different dialoges and killed Garfunkel last without cheating but both times the infinite spawn bug :(
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    On my fourth attempt (this time with Y-kills because I was getting fed up) it worked. The main difference was that this time I... spent... a... lot... of... time... waiting... to... make... my... dialogue... choices.... to give the scripts time to run. I remember reading somewhere that too fast clicking can lead to strange problems, guess this is another one of those.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    edited January 2014
    I am having the same issue with my multiplayer game. I tried changing dialogue options, leaving Garfunkel for last (and waiting a while before killing him). I am about to attempt to do it with it waiting a long time before dialogue options, AND waiting for Garfunkel. I will try to go to the Ctrl + Y right afterwards and update this post.

EDIT: I did this section single player (in a multiplayer game still, but with only 1 player currently "in-game"), and waited a good 20 seconds between each dialogue option during the Azothet conversation, and it worked out well. Thank you for the suggestions.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    More information can be found in a duplicate thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24443/dupe-7311-dorn-quest-bug
  • dam23dam23 Member Posts: 30
    Hello everyone,

I've had the same problem and reloading + replaying the scene did not help.

The issue stems from OHDCUT05.BCS.
    The cutscene script uses:
    IF True()

I have patched it using:
    IF Global("OHD_azothet_encounter","GLOBAL",0)

Tested, works like a charm.

Find the patched script file attached, as a .TXT extension since the forum doesn't allow .BCS files.
    Rename it to OHDCUT05.BCS and put it in your override/ folder.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,872
    Thanks @dam23 I have added this information to the issue tracker.

(& for refererence zipping the bcs file whould make it attachable)
  • DeadlyMuffinDeadlyMuffin Member Posts: 7
    I just tried this fix and it doesn't appear to work. Where can I find the original OHDCUT05.BCS file to try modifying it myself?
    I bought BG2:EE through the Apple app store (and am using OSX, obviously).
    Ok, update: I was able to get past this by trying a completely different set of dialog responses. Waiting didn't help, the OHDCUT05 file didn't help.
  • LoctaviusLoctavius Member Posts: 16
    I am having the same issue. I have tried reloading, traveling to different locations, CTRL-Y killing and not, waiting between picking options, etc. For what it is worth, it actually played through once, but I picked the wrong dialogue options and Dorn left the party, so I reloaded before I thought to see what options I had picked in the previous conversation. I've been at this over an hour, and I can't get it to work.

I also tried installing the file that @damn23 shared here - it did no good.

I have attached my entire save directory, the one I'm working from is the Auto Save as I leave the Helmite Camp.

Anyone? My game is basically broken at this point, and I was having so much fun.... :(
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,872
    The override worked for me, I've renamed and zipped it. If you close your game down and extract the OHDCUT05 file to your game folder (e.g. c:\.....\783\override), making an override folder if there isn't one and then running the game again.

Failing that, try this @Loctavius‌ it is a save after Azothet and Ur Gothoz.