Skip to content

#3476 [CORE] - Usable items under the main window UI..when they are destroyed.

sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
Tested under BG2EE (v1.2.2030), but also true for BG1EE (v1.2).

Observed behaviour;
When you use a potion or use an item to give you a +STAT (or a spell) allowing use to equip an item normally impossible to use by you (or by a specific NPC) -ex:bow, wand..-, when the potion/item/spell effect disappears, the weapon/wand/item/etc's slot is reddened under the inventory again..but not in the general UI window..so you can always use the item in the general window if you don't remove the item in the inventory (ex; bows, wands..)...

Expected behaviour;
Well..you drink your potion/use your bracers/spell(etc), you can use the item... but when the +STATs effect disappear, you can no more use the item under the central window UI (the icon disappears OR be reddened like in the inventory..and the action blocked).

[ex; tested again with BG2EE v122030 with Valygar and a bow normally requiring STR18 for exemple -that last bug is also always existing under BG1EE v12 btw - under BG1EE; Yeslick with a 'genius potion' can put a 'wand of heaven' in a quick slot..and always use it after the effects of the potion disappear.., etc.].
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited November 2013
    UP

any answers?
    Important one, that one.. very easily reproductible and real too! )
    (especially annoying also with the Magic Flute persisting icons too..when the MF has already disappeared for a long time in the inventory (MF 24h existence max)..but with the charges always visible in the UI quick slots..but with their effects desactivated that time..even more confusing too.. see http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26049/bug-bard-hla-magic-flute#latest /MF pbs).

TIA..
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This is a mild exploit, it might be fixed eventually, but considering it is the same in vanilla, other bugs got priority.
    Destroyed items in quick slots is indeed annoying but that's a different problem from #3476.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2013
    We're going to go ahead and move this to not an Issue since it's been identified as not a priority for the moment.
    Post edited by Illydth on
    @Gate70 @Avenger_teambg thx a lot for the confirm & addition to the #3476. I agree that was already there in BG1EE, and maybe even the originals. I understand /priorities, but will be nice to be fixed too for the EE..possibly later so, k.) [and yes, destroyed items in quick slots might be a different problem too].

@Illydth ok, fine..'not an issue' is all the same a little too big a sentence.. but fine. As long as that might be corrected later, ok for me.. and thx.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @sunset00: We do this to make sure correct visibility to the community is given to those bugs that are on the plate of the developers, and that players can look to see a fix for. As this was added to the 3476 bug, it has visibility even though it's been moved into the "not an issue" forum. :)

In other words, even though it's here, it doesn't mean it's been lost in the shuffle.
    @Illydth ok, noted)
    update! i reinstalled the original BG2/ToB (+last official patch v2.6.4.9.8)
    ...apparently, the #3476 was already there in the original (tested Valygar bow again; same^!...
    (i thought was all the same important to precise it.. not just the EEs so.. damn .. not sure i noticed that one when i played with the originals BGs.. i guess that was mainly due to Yeslick in BG1EE and his 'genius potion' + wand of heaven fully recharged with 100 charges in quick slot trick..that made me definitively funnily notice it)) .. k.. anyway i think that could always be a nice little thing for the EE to fix too then..later, k */ )