Skip to content

Hello and stuff!

Hello guys and girls, I'm cerso and now, a proud member of Baldur's Gate community!
Didn't played BG1 till now (just bought BGEE 2 weeks ago) but I was an avid BG2+ToB player, and bought BG2EE too.

I'm nowhere near the hardcore players around here, but I've played BG2 so much that I have the entire game memorized in my mind. Played it as a barbarian, a cavalier and a fighter/thief (my pride and joy, since it's so good at higher levels), always with a 5 people group.

Now I'm going to do a Candlekeep - Melissan run for the first time and bring my fighter/thief awessomeness back ;)

Well, really nice to find such an awesome site like this...so much info!

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Welcome, @cersoze! :D

I hope you'll find many friends here, and surely you will find huge amounts of help and informations if you ever need them!

See you around :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    HIHIHIHIHI (yeah, those are chained HI in caps, very spammy indeed), welcome!
    I really recommend Half-orc for F/T, because extra STR and CON help a lot, also dual wielding FoA and DoE in BG2 and getting thief HLAs to use Carsomyr+6 in ToB, then use Jan Jansen's (the best gnome you'll ever met) personal armor, what gives you 25% resistance to Physical attacks, + Hardiness and DoE you have 40+20+25=85% resistance to physical damage, and not to mention that if you have Ascension and the Bhaalspawn powers by David Geider, you will have a bonus of 25%, for a total of 110%, and, yeah, I am power gamer, anyway, I can create great background stories and that role player stuff.
  • cersozecersoze Member Posts: 9
    CrevsDaak said:

HIHIHIHIHI (yeah, those are chained HI in caps, very spammy indeed), welcome!
    I really recommend Half-orc for F/T, because extra STR and CON help a lot, also dual wielding FoA and DoE in BG2 and getting thief HLAs to use Carsomyr+6 in ToB, then use Jan Jansen's (the best gnome you'll ever met) personal armor, what gives you 25% resistance to Physical attacks, + Hardiness and DoE you have 40+20+25=85% resistance to physical damage, and not to mention that if you have Ascension and the Bhaalspawn powers by David Geider, you will have a bonus of 25%, for a total of 110%, and, yeah, I am power gamer, anyway, I can create great background stories and that role player stuff.

Maybe I can mess up with some mods someday, but not for this first full series run...but my main character can never be half-orc man...elven power all the way! Thanks for the insights!
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    @cersoze hey there! welcome to the forums! I see my friend @CrevsDaak has already blown up your chat box! haha kidding crevs! anyways welcome, Everyone here will be glad to give you any advice/help as most of us have been playing for a long time :) (14 years myself) Take care :)
  • cersozecersoze Member Posts: 9
    Haha, with time I'll get used to everybody here, but it seems that people around here are very nice and helpful! I, too, have been playing BG2 and ToB since their release, but I never messed up with BG and TotSC, let's see how I fare with them!
    @cersoze Elven F/T also go pretty good, when I was new I also was rejecting any other race than Elves, I started looking at other race's bonuses and I played some non-elven PCs. Aaaand! I could never run a Dwarf, gnome nor halfling.
    A Elven F/T should be maxing STR, CON and DEX at creation, so you can get an extra AC and Ranged THAC0 with the extra DEX point in BG2, also, you'll need to be evil, it gets more OP with the abilities from BG2:SoA and ToB, while in BG1 is better to be good.
    I played BG1 when I was 7, and didn't go past Candlekeep, then in the EE I played a lot, mostly solo runs, and I got BG2:ToB from a friend (whom's brother had the CDs, which I copied to my computer and voila!) and I am looking into BG2:EE, some day, I will get it.
    @laptopman666 yeah, I start talking 'bout planes and I end talking about literature, maybe it is because I am the Lord of Chaos, I don't know...
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    @CrevsDaak lol well considering how severe my case of ADHD is i can get quite crazy myself, but since i have recently just gotten more active in the forums im trying to not be TOO obnoxious lol :P
    @laptopmam666 well, the point here is obviously round, because it is a point. But I am not mad, I am chaotic, but very chaotic. Even my picture is corrupted by Chaos :P