Skip to content

[Bug] Dragon Dis. Breath Attack not treated as "Area" by Mirror Image

syllogsyllog Member Posts: 158
edited December 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
In general, Mirror Image no longer blocks area affect attacks (e.g. fireballs).
However, when attacking a mage with mirror image up Dragon Disciple's special firebreath ability does not damage the mage. Instead it removes an image.

Adt'l Info 1: Specifically this is the 3D8 version of the ability (the only one I've tried). Ability file "SPDD03".
Adt'l Info 2: I modded in Fireball and Cone of Cold to double check. It's only the fire breath ability that is blocked by mirror image. Don't know why.

(Incidentally, until this is patched, is there a flag I can flip using Near Infinity to make this work right? Kind of nerfs mage battles, which is one of the abilities advantages (since it's not a spell).)
Post edited by syllog on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I don't think there is a flag for that sort of thing. I will try to remember to report this tomorrow. To tired now...
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    If you go to "save type" you can set the one called "ex: bypass mirror image (24)" (if you are using Near Infinity) or there is a check-box on the damage effect called "bypass mirror image" (if using DLTCEP). Oh...yes...apparently you already saw that flag. Anyway, that should resolve the difficulty.
    Reported.
  • syllogsyllog Member Posts: 158
    @Tresset
    Thanks! :)
    &
    @Mathsorcerer
    I did not see that flag actually - thanks! :)
    @Mathsorcerer
    I checked and I don't see any option for "bypass mirror image" under "save type" -- just the regular 5 saves (spell, breath, etc.).
    I'm using NI v1.33 b20 on Mac.
    There is an option "Unknown 24", but it it is one of many "Unknown"s.

(Am I using an outdated vers of NI and if so will clicking "Unkown 24" still be appropriately interpreted by the BG:EE engine? -- Sorry, that sounds like a dumb question, but I spent forever trying to figure out which NI version was correct. I may have failed. :/:)
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    @syllog Ah so. I have version 1.35; however, yes--if it says "unknown 24" it will still translate to the game as "bypass mirror image". I'll have to track down the link for the most up-to-date version of NI; I do not have it readily available.
    @Mathsorcerer Tag me when you find that link. I think my NI version is 1.33 so I could use an update if one exists.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited December 2013
    @Tresset - i think this page has the newest version (or at least the one I'm using with that flag showing up)

EDIT: (I'm dumb) http://www.shsforums.net/topic/45358-nearinfinity/
    edited December 2013
    @Tresset
    I posted this in another forum, but I tracked it down via a different Ms post:
    https://github.com/NearInfinityBrowser/NearInfinity/releases
    Notably: v1.35 is alpha (and there doesn't appear to have been a v1.34 release)

Edit: semi-ninja'd by SD :)