Skip to content

Dorn and Shar-teel argument ends abruptly.

MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
So there is dialogue where Shar-teel seems to challenge Dorn into a fight, but it just ends without nothing happening. That seemed a bit weird based especially on how Shar-teel usually acts so I looked in the dialog.tlk, and there seems to be dialogue for both Shar-teel and Dorn winning that fight that never happens.

Shar-teel: You! Tall, dark, and moronic! Face me in battle! I've had enough of you!
(StrRef: 28345)
Dorn: I have no time to deal with the likes of you.
(StrRef: 28539)
Shar-teel: A coward AND a man? Come, draw your blade!
(StrRef: 28346)

And that's where it ends in game as it is.

However there are also these dialogues that seem like they should happen after that duel:

Dorn win:

Shar-teel: Bah! A lucky strike, but I admit your victory.
(StrRef: 28347)

Shar-teel win:

Shar-teel: Hahaha! Feeling a little under the weather, blackguard? For all your powers you are little more than child with a butter knife.
(StrRef: 28348)
Dorn: An unfair contest, woman. Face me after a day's rest with only a blade in your hand, and we shall see who is the better fighter. I tire of this distraction.
(StrRef: 28541)

Comments

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    This is confirmed by other players. Here is an analysis made on the issue.
    It looks like this is an unfinished scene. Trying to force the fight to start brings another issue as the end of the fight doesn't bring the winner talk.

This has a secondary effect on the BG1 NPC mod as the fact that this dialog does not progress makes impossible to access the player initiated dialogs with Shar-Teel.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Time to get this working...