Skip to content

RP Heavy BG1-BG2 Playthrough - FULL.

124»

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I played for a few hours earlier this week with a rl friend, so I am pretty sure the problems we had yesterday were due to Beamdog servers, especially given as we all couldn't even connect to it for a while. If I see some of u guys online later, we could try again just to check connectivity. If it's still a problem, we may need to consider a different Bhaalspawn and other possible solutions.

@ChildofBhaal599
    I'm pretty sure @Blackhawk only just commented on the forum, I don't recall anything earlier or can find an earlier comment in this thread. But yes I think we can have 5 players max, given the connection issues we're already having, and that we need a 6th spot for Imoen and/or NPC quests.

Anyways I'll see u all 5pm (UK time) tomorrow, if not sooner if I see u on Skype/Steam. I offer my prayers to Helm that the demons of connectivity shall be cast back into the Abyss where they belong!

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

I played for a few hours earlier this week with a rl friend, so I am pretty sure the problems we had yesterday were due to Beamdog servers, especially given as we all couldn't even connect to it for a while. If I see some of u guys online later, we could try again just to check connectivity. If it's still a problem, we may need to consider a different Bhaalspawn and other possible solutions.

@ChildofBhaal599
    I'm pretty sure @Blackhawk only just commented on the forum, I don't recall anything earlier or can find an earlier comment in this thread. But yes I think we can have 5 players max, given the connection issues we're already having, and that we need a 6th spot for Imoen and/or NPC quests.

Anyways I'll see u all 5pm (UK time) tomorrow, if not sooner if I see u on Skype/Steam. I offer my prayers to Helm that the demons of connectivity shall be cast back into the Abyss where they belong!

oh crap i just typed that in a hurry. i thought that was sonarch's charname because it was something weird and roleplayey :)
    @heindrich1988 btw, i get out of here in 1 hour. of course i need to make my way home. if you see me get on with your steam friends list and if there are others to test about getting people in then we could test again. hopefully at least 4 of us will be on sometime as that was mainly the magic number except that one time.
    a note to everybody. although liberelli mentioned port forwarding not being a problem with the patch, one thing i found in the stickied guide could do something. it says we all need an identical baldur.ini file. my file should be default as i just updated my game, but has anybody edited it for cluaconsole and such?
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    The .ini file only requires the settings for game speed (framerate) to be the same. That should be at 30 by default so if you havent increased it at any point, that file shouldnt give any problems.
    And everyone seems to be talking about beamdog servers... there are no beamdog servers... at least not in the way of hosting. Everything is still pretty much the same way as it used to be, only diff is now you get a list of ppl playing. They pretty much put 'gameranger light' in the game :)
    Most problems stem from individual connections being bad, and therefore can be caused by dozens of issues, game related or not :s
    ok then. so, who all is online right now? i can go for a test if available @liberelli @heindrich1988 @squaretin @sonarch
  • SquareTinSquareTin Member Posts: 30
    Good job today guys :) Looking forward to the game proper.
    edited December 2013
    going to sleep in a little to not over sleep, but i thought i would suggest some things.

multiplayer tends to keep other players out of the game, non important. as a roleplay run, we COULD say we are all bhaalspawn, but kang was noticed by sarevok so gorion took him away. we would essentially be like imoen, a smaller piece of essance, no signs until later. it may lead to some distrust in the group come BG2, as we feel we will be murdered in our sleep by the others for what we all are, and what we have to gain.

there are ways to do more things while rping. i have mentioned ignoring notes and other things that lead you toward the bandit camp, and rather exploring the wilderness from nashkel to peldvale, eventually finding the bandits. it allows you to do the things we otherwise, in a total rp run, might not. i always rp along being complete with the game, so i always find good reasons to do things. that is my way to do the wilderness. i suggest durlags after candlekeep, when we know we must prepare for sarevok by getting better gear from this supposed treasure trove we heard about. also we are wanted criminals who should lay low. basically i would hate to feel we skipped over EVERYTHING, but whatever we do should probably be in an rp way that we can think of. if kang doesn't want to be evil, he doesn't need to do quests that involve murder and bad things.

of course we are all characters with different personalities, and with rp we could have things like me going to do the thieves guild quest behind kang's back.

oh, and i forgot to mention how we can do all of our strongholds when i was talking to heindrich before. without mods you could do it if you edit your game with eekeeper to be the correct class as we turn in the appropriate quest, then turn back after it was turned in. however, with something like a sorceror getting spells as he levels, it may not work. it is not too import though. it just still sounds nice if we all owned our little appropriate property (although we would have to lead it through kang as he is charname) :)
    Post edited by ChildofBhaal599 on
    Maeglin got into the christmas spirit thanks to flashburn :)

it is said to give +3 to holiday merriment, at a cost of -15% hide in shadows :)
    y'know maybe if people want to find players they should mention RP this is about to be the 100th post on this thread, and it really wasn't long before we had a group. so many others get ignored
    i was thinking about getting us the pantaloon collection, but now I know what it does now by accident reading the forum. Would be very bad for an RP game if we had...
    a robo battle suit, grenade launcher and ammunition

also @squaretin you weren't there saturday so maybe I should tag you here. I think the next meet was Wednesday around 6:30 for you guys.
    lol ye the metal unit isnt very rp friendly, but just having the pants on you can be nice, makes you feel quite regal :)
    Liberelli said:

lol ye the metal unit isnt very rp friendly, but just having the pants on you can be nice, makes you feel quite regal :)

it's just funny because i didn't actually know what it does, but then I was on the melissan harder thread. somebody mentioned it in there and now i feel kind of spoiled actually. it would have been hilarious when i didn't know what would happen and suddenly i would have a metal unit and grenade launcher, though I wouldn't make any use of it with it. very rp unfriendly. i would likely beat my current sp game I was going to see what happens anyway. will likely only test it out in sp then and drop it because i always rp anyway so a grenade launcher won't exactly work out :)
    i'm sure it's merely an enchanted automatic fireball launching platform or arcane origin... nothing scientific about it :P
    yeah i am certain that is probably what it is. if that is apparantly a melissan strategy though then i bet it has a high rate of fire too, maybe higher damage than fireball, and the metal unit is probably op. all in all though it just isn't good for us. i think it would have been funny, however, if i didn't know what it did so i would collect them all for us just to end up with all that! gotta suddenly explain what just happened :)
    edited December 2013
    i was looking around multiplayer, just to answer questions when people have trouble and stuff. in this other game, first post of page 2 was interesting. somebody complains they couldn't connect well with skype on. maybe wednesday we should try other means of communication?

btw it may snow tuesday and if it does there is the potential chance for a delay. it is especially high because it just snowed and we delayed today, so it will still be around. hoping for the best, but if there is a delay then i will be a little late because of my last class being a little pushed back. i will warn you guys though. if i do get a delay i will be on closer to 7:15/7:30.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23348/uk-timezone-rp-strong#latest
    I was part of that group, didnt make any difference tbh. We tried shutting down anti-virus, skype, and any other programs ppl were running to perhaps lighten the load, with no noticable change :(
    ah. well, it is decently stable at times for us at least. we did go for a while before having major issues. maybe somebody started to drop in connection speed? at least the ip is working better than beamdog.
    @liberelli @sonarch @heindrich1988 @squaretin we indeed got some heavy snow this morning and school was canceled for today. i only hope for no delay tomorrow or that also delays our game by about 40 minutes.

@liberelli @sonarch @heindrich1988 @squaretin we indeed got some heavy snow this morning and school was canceled for today. i only hope for no delay tomorrow or that also delays our game by about 40 minutes.

Ok, cool, well I'll be online around then anyway. Hopefully we can get started more or less around the planned time.

Has anyone heard anything from @squaretin? Do you still wanna do this? I'm writing the report for the first session, and whether you continue kinda influences how much I mention Olias.

Ok, cool, well I'll be online around then anyway. Hopefully we can get started more or less around the planned time.

Has anyone heard anything from @squaretin? Do you still wanna do this? I'm writing the report for the first session, and whether you continue kinda influences how much I mention Olias.
    i was kinda hoping i would get a response after mentioning in a few past posts. we will keep olias around for now of course in hopes that he does show up which will be great, but if we are getting like halfway through the game then we may do better with a free slot for the ee npcs tbh. idk what could have happened in the short time between me talking with him and the game that day, but now i haven't seen any activity in quite a while, so it kinda worries me.
    Things will be on time :)
    @squaretin i realized someone should inform you that the next meeting was to be tomorrow around 6:30 your guys times. basically when i should get home. is that ok with you, or do we need another date?
    almost time :D

@heindrich1988 @squaretin @liberelli @sonarch just wanna make sure from someone, is jamie on today? are you all ready?
    I'm good to go, just waiting around for everyone, tho skype tells me we may be missing another, possibly.
    Oh, and i made a portrait last night i'd like to use. Not sure if changing it mid game will make it stay or not, if it doesnt work i'll export my guy next time we start, edit, and import back in. That should fix any potential problems.

• SonarchSonarch Member Posts: 9
    @ChildofBhaal599
    I didn't know if I'll make it today, something unexpected turned up. In retrospect, leaving a message on a defunct skype group was a bad idea. Anyway, I'm here, I'm ready and quite worn down.

I'm a bit sad, though, that out of character comments popped out in Bhaalspawn journals and not using this one for all the technical and practical comments, just because of a sense of neatness. I understand though, that usually things don't go have you would envision, and that impro is what RP is all about.
    (I'm not much of an RP expert, though, honest!)

edited December 2013
    Ignore
    @squaretin we are still awaiting to see if you will be joining us at all. with another play session yesterday we couldn't get a hold of you since your apparant return. we are mostly continuing in the case that you never actually return so as to not be waiting for nothing. if you return we are in nashkel and it will be easy to get olias back. the next game is sunday, the usual time. it will not change unless you comment and tell us you need a change. you deserve the change to join us though, as you are the one who united us here in the first place.