Skip to content

Stuck During Final Boss Fight (SPOILERS)

When you fight Jon Irenicus for the last time in BG2, he is supposed to initiate dialog with you when he's sufficiently low on health. After this dialog, the game's ending cutscene is triggered.

I have, however, managed to damage down Jon without him initiating dialog with me. I also couldn't initiate dialog with him. He just stands there with a neutral blue circle under him. Damaging him makes no difference either. This makes the game impossible to finish.

The steps to reproduce this issue are unknown to me, although I've been able to reproduce it twice. Dealing a lot of damage to Jon in a short time when he's low on life seems to help, though.

I would attach a saved game, but the game cannot be saved while this bug is present. (It says there are monsters nearby.)

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    Do you have a save from right before the fight begins?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    That I do, I'm attaching it to this post. Note that the bug doesn't always come up when defeating Irenicus.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Adul, I'm looking into this and have been over the last couple days. It appears to be similar to the bug that @xzar_monty reported here. Once the character reaches a certain amount of health, a script block is supposed to fire. In certain cases, it does not.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Troodon80 I see, thanks for looking into this. Sounds like issues like this are really hard to recreate.