Skip to content

Touch issues with 1.2?

nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
I've only been playing for 15 minutes or so, but I've noticed that touch is slightly different- everything seems to be a little offset now. Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• EketEket Member Posts: 69
    Only thing i have noticed is that scrolling in lists( ex shops ) is very sensitive, other than that it plays very well now.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    Annoying that you can't scroll item descriptions in stores now!
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    Right clicking items in the inventory seems more difficult now
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    Scrolling can be tough. Scrolling through shop items is an accelerated scroll, where it moves more than your finger does. It will probably take some time to get used too. There are other items that seem tough to scroll now, like windows with text. But these are all really small things for me compared to the old issues that affected playability.

It does seems that a lot of attention is needed to get inventory right clicks to work. But I have improved at getting it to work after 4 hours last night (midnight to 4am).
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    nsr said:

Right clicking items in the inventory seems more difficult now

This. It was easier to right click before to see the item description page. But, it sometimes bugged on me and I hated it when I try to pick up an item and it registered as a right click and opened up the item description screen. Hated hated hated. It is much improved now, everything is more smooth. Wonderful job!

Shop list scrolling is a tad very sensitive, but I can live with that. Save/load times, overall performance, and inventory management are all vastly improved. Very very nice!

• ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22
    Eket said:

Only thing i have noticed is that scrolling in lists( ex shops ) is very sensitive, other than that it plays very well now.

I am having a LOT of trouble with stores on iPad Air. Trouble both with scrolling and with buying things unexpectedly. I have to be very careful. Its been a real kill-joy in an otherwise ok release.

• iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    "Right click" is the smallest of the issues, it only requires you to hold the finger longer, at least it looks that way.

The most bothersome issues are:
    -Scrolling shop lists is an extraordinary pain in the bottom, the fact that items are often selected without need doesn't help the case either
    -Dialogue options are too small and are often not highlited when tapped. A good idea might be to highlight the option with one tap and confirm with the second. Slightly increasing the font size and the line intervals between them might be helpful as well
    -The journal had some weird issues with the scrollbar randomly disappearing and appearing. Wasn't able to figure out the cause

Minor stuff:
    -Moving the finger out of the dialogue box boundaries causes map scrolling
    -Character swapping causes the character sheet to open
    -Unscrollable item descriptions
  • EligorEligor Member Posts: 3
    If you tap the top and bottom arrows of the gold scroll bar next to the shop inventory it will scroll more slowly than swiping the inventory. Also works for the dialog box and spell descriptions.
    Eligor said:

If you tap the top and bottom arrows of the gold scroll bar next to the shop inventory

That's a real trick though, at least for my old fingers.

• davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    I would like to see a KOTOR style implementation with circles at the upper right side containing the dialog options for clicking.

The long-press takes practice, but is doable. The scrolling is awkward, but using the scroll bars is usually more effective. For dialog options, I do a long press also. As the finger is moved, the highlight changes. Still, it is tricky when a short dialog option is in the middle of 2 longer items.

These are all incredibly minor compared to the previous touch issues, so I don't want to overstate them.
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    davemo said:

I would like to see a KOTOR style implementation with circles at the upper right side containing the dialog options for clicking.

The long-press takes practice, but is doable. The scrolling is awkward, but using the scroll bars is usually more effective. For dialog options, I do a long press also. As the finger is moved, the highlight changes. Still, it is tricky when a short dialog option is in the middle of 2 longer items.

These are all incredibly minor compared to the previous touch issues, so I don't want to overstate them.

I know this is not a perfect solution.

But i'm using a cosmonaut stylus and it works almost perfect for this type of game. Of course it doesn't solve the insane fast scrolling in stores.
  • whamermanwhamerman Member Posts: 10
    I agree we took a couple steps back in the touch arena. I think I saw an explanation somewhere for the stores where a single scroll is moving 3 lines at a time which would explain the fast scrolling problem. Hopefully we can get a fix soon.
  • TravelleriTravelleri Member Posts: 32
    Also it's hard to double click the pause button to advance in time just a little bit. For me it's needed because I play solo a lot and now it's harder because the pause button is not responsive enough. =)
  • TravelleriTravelleri Member Posts: 32
    One thing about scrolling in stores on my Ipad 3 is that after I scroll down a bit, I can't scroll back to see the first item in the list, because browsing drops to the second item in the store. I can buy the first item in the list if I click it before browsing the list tho.

Also it's hard to double click the pause button to advance in time just a little bit. For me it's needed because I play solo a lot and now it's harder because the pause button is not responsive enough. =)

Can you change the auto pause to be every round?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Here's a hint for selecting dialog: slide your finger over the dialog choices until the one you want is highlighted, then lift your finger. You still have to be careful to lift your finger straight up so you don't change your selection, but it makes it easier to see what you selected.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I'm a first day buyer of BGEE for iPad.
    I played it for a few, then I decided to focus on the PC version, because the iPad version had too many issues.
    Now I decided to come back on the iPad version after the new patch.... and let me tell you, you made an incredible work.
    Now it's the game I dreamed of.
    I didn't miss a loot or a container or a waypoint. I had no more problems aiming an enemy, or reading a description of a potion.
    The only very minor issues I found is scrolling in the shop, but using the golden arrow I had no problem at all. I know I can't buy multiple copies of an item... but it's a veeeeery minor issue.
    I can't rotate my party, but I can live without that.
    The only annoying bug is when I try to select a dialogue options sliding my finger to the right one. Sometimes all the dialogue slide and I have to use the golden arrow to make the options back in their position, but trust me, it's nothing compared to how it was before.
    I hadn't tried the iPad version with the previous patch, so I can't tell how much this one fixed this staff, but comparing this version to the first one is like comparing chocolate to shit.
    I really want to thank all the devs for their job.
    The iPad version is almost perfect, it will be perfect the day I will be able to use SCS and the other mods without jailbreaking my iPad (jailbreaking is bad).

I can't wait to see BG2EE (well... I can wait a bit, because I have to finish my playthrough in BGEE).