Skip to content

Black Pits 2 Start Crash

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Don't know why, but when the fallen deva cast the spell to bind my characters the game crashed instantly. The print is below. No save game as i hadn't the chance of generate any.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit: to include the image.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    If any file is needed to acurrate what happened, just lemme know.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    I can't say anything helpful but doing this:
    @Illydth @Dee-Wan Kenobi, who told me to go to Debugah (not to Dabogah nor to Debug mode :P)
    Then I suggest checking if you have the spell Winged casts overridden maybe that's the trouble, as I don't know the spl file's name, I can't help much more.
    No mod is installed in my BG2 EE. I repeated the process with the same created party and the game followed ok.
    Well, seems like a normal crash if so, they can happen at any time, just remember the vanilla, it is a lot more unstable than BG:EE, the vanilla tended to crash in the middle of a battle and while in the inventory, always when you didn't had a save just made, I hate the vanilla for being such a jerk, but I like it a lot because I can exploit LOTS of bugs that weren't originally fixed.
    I know, i brought the issue here more for self improvment of the game than to fix a problem i have. If the devs take notice and want to fix this specific string, well... there is it.
    OK, fixing random crashes seems much important to me too, I hate them, because you don't expect them and because most of the time the game decides to be a jerk when it realizes that after half-n'-hour you forgot to made a freaking save.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2013
    @kamuizin, @CrevsDaak: Sorry it took me so long to get here, I've been "away" fixing harddrive crashes on my PVR at my own house and doing some beta testing of some upcoming stuff. :)

If you go into the area of your harddrive where your saved games are stored (your My Documents area under the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Directory) you'll see a "crash" or "dump" folder (forget which) in which are dump files for the crashes you're getting.

What I'd do if I were you is to back up ALL of your dump files there and then delete them all so the directory is clean.

Load up your party, make the crash happen again. You'll get a dump in that directory. Get the saved game files together with the dump file, zip it or rar it (whichever is more convenient to you) and upload it either here or e-mail it to support.

@Dee, @Troodon80, @LiamEsler: Can any of you provide the PROPER procedure for what to do with Dump files? I'll get that posted up in the "Known Issues" post and / or stickied as it's own announcement so we can get those expedited through the right way.
    @kamuizin: Moved Post to BG2:EE Bugs section of the forum. Please look at the Known Bugs post if you haven't already to see if anything in that looks similar to what you're talking about. I don't remember anything but there's a lot in there...and I might have forgotten one or two.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26099/the-consolidated-reported-issues-thread-please-read-before-posting-spoiler-warning
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited December 2013
    Typically I ask people to email them to me. But my inbox has gotten a little (read: a lot) cluttered in the last few months.

The best crash reports are formatted like this:

1. Zip up and attach the .dmp file to your post
    2. Zip up and attach the save files, if you have a save near where you experienced the crash
    3. Describe the exact steps (preferably in list form) you took to reproduce the crash. If it happened during dialogue, we need to know which dialogue options you chose. If it happened when casting a spell, we need to know what spell it was and whom it was targeting.

If we don't have all of those pieces, it's much less likely that we'll be able to fix the problem.
    @Dee: Should we just have them post the Dump/Crash/Save/Steps in a thread here instead of e-mail?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yes, please.
    OK, then. my dump is here. The problem is self resolved anyway, so any research in these dump files are solely for the sake of third parties.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I can only say the two crashes are different and i don't recall ever seeing them.
    Both happened at the start of tpb2?
    The last one only. The other i don't remember where i got it, but probally it's from the main campaign.