Skip to content

#7363 [HEXXAT] - Ghost Monks not undead enough?

PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Issue: Ghost Monks and Priests, from Hexxat's questline, are vulnerable to Cloudkill damage.

Expected Behaviour: As undead, ghostly apparitions should be immune to Cloudkill.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Pantalion: Original Docs have nothing on the Cloudkill spell that notes undead / ghost creatures aren't affected. As a matter of fact, part of the spell notes that holding breath has no baring on whether the spell affects you or not.

Is there some portion of the game where Cloudkill does not affect undead/ghost creatures?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    @Illydth

This can be tested anywhere in the game you encounter undead, methinks.

Shadows, Shadow Fiends, Wraiths - All immune.
    All Vampires, including Hexxat: Immune.
    Skeletons: Immune.
    Uncle Lester: Immune.
    Mummy: Immune.
    Child Spirit: Immune.

Ironically enough, Monks (like Rasaad): Also immune.

Cloudkill does Poison damage, and Undead are universally supposed to be immune to poison.

The only ones Cloudkill and Poison can effect are "fake" undead, like Wellyn (which I doubt would ever come up), the fake ghosts from BG (like Ulcaster and the Knights, all Magic Immune if I recall) and these guys.
    Thanks @Pantalion: You got a saved game I can post up with the bug report?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    As luck would have it, I do, actually. Wand of Cloudkill in quickslot #2, next to some ghostly monks.
    edited December 2013
    Confirmed. I'll bug it and see if they want to fix this or not. Filed as 7363