Skip to content

OpenAL32.dll (Game won't start)

Hi, previous I had problems to start the game, because an OpenAL32.dll file is missing. This link http://connect.creativelabs.com/developer/Wiki/OpenAL Installer for Windows.aspx used to work for windows installing, but it is not active anymore. Does anyone have a link to get the file in an easy way, so I can play BG:EE :)
mctanaka

Comments

• viaderviader Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 875
  • CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    @viader Thank you, unfortunately that didn't fix the problem. The program was supposed to give 1 missing DLL file for free, but that didn't work. I rather have a free program fixing the problem.
  • mctanakamctanaka Member Posts: 14
    @Cactus: Hey, it worked just fine! Didn't even need to restart the computer. Thanks a lot!!
  • SHADQWSHADQW Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    its 64 bit system problem. BGEE and i guess BGEE II to doesnt work for 64x systems well. you can add openall files to your computer but in all cases your drivers may not work with it. For example I can't hear voices. Thanks for 64x support Beamdog :P
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @Cactus, did you copy the .dll on the system32 folder?
  • CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    I just clicked install, I think it went in the programs folder :)
  • AzkoAzko Member Posts: 1
    had to make an account just to thank this guy. everytime i have a problem and read on forums the OP seems to think no one else will ever have that problem and not say how he fixed it. Thanks for sharing the solution, you're really a one in a million
  • FrejsLastStandFrejsLastStand Member Posts: 1
    did the same thing as @Azko, fixed that problem straight up cheers @Cactus‌ !!! However now when i try open the game, i get about two seconds of loading then nothing happens, anyone had a similar issue?
    andziQuirrel
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @ZhurAVic‌ promoting piracy in the forum is strictly forbidden. Post deleted.
  • firefighter26firefighter26 Member Posts: 10
    Cactus said:

If anyone else read this because they have the same problem, I found a sollution that worked: https://code.google.com/p/rallyraid/downloads/detail?name=oalinst.zip&can=2&q=

I can also confirm that using this link to reinstall the OpenAL files has worked for me. I had no luck adding the BGEE program file to the DEP registry as a few people have pointed out (including beamdog's support site). Downloaded this, less than half a MG, checked it for viruses, clean, ran it and now BG:EE is working again.
    NorsacalydonDragnellPoustman