Skip to content

Gorion shot first - iPad v1.2.2031 Beta report.

CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
edited December 2013 in iPad (Archive)
DO NOT COMMENT IF YOU ARE NOT REPORTING SOMETHING FROM THE BETA!
Reports of the beta version 1.2.2031 for iPad, BG:EE and BG2:EE.
I've been testing this version, I liked a how graphical performance for Cloud-like Area of Effect spells was improved, it was annoying for me, the game lagged every single I've used Cloudkill, but now it don't does that anymore. This beta version replaced by other Baldur's Gate EE, so I lost ALL my saves, I'm not angry, but it bothered me.
Now, the bugs I've found by far:
1) The sliders, the little ball they have don't works anywhere but in the Inventory, nor BG2:EE, BG:EE, in any screen, the arrows work in every single place, they are what lets you buy things in the shop, also, the game remember where you've left the scrolled text, so every time I swap from Done Quests to Active Quests, it creates a slider bar in the one where you have less (by that time I had 1 completed quest and lots of quests active), by thus making them disappear if you scroll too much, but when you un-scroll (don't blame me please!), they are there again, without modifications. In the shops, it scrolls TOO fast, and as the little ball don't works, it is very difficult to use shops containers and that stuff. Item descriptions in Shop screen won't scroll in any way but if using the Slider's Arrows, it bothers me a lot, but it works very well in the inventory screen.

2) Item's icon shows up in the middle of the screen, nothing more to say, it is only a cosmetic thing, I really don't care, but the haters out there will hate this too, also, it it serves to acknowledge things a little more, but I think it should be removed, no matter what :P

3) It is a little more difficult to get the description of the items (you have to keep you finger over the item for a longer time) and sometimes the option to create a new stack from the stack of items you have is difficult to trigger, and it lets you choose more than the limit (cheat cheat cheat! I stacked 30 thousand Arrows of Detonation, and I took 176 arrows out of the stack an I had one with 29 thousand approx, and the other one with 176 arrows), because you can create more giant-sized-stacks.

4) Multiplayer's stability, I created a multiplayer game and started fooling around, @meagloth joined, and we ran in Beregost doing quests and that stuff, I don't know if it crashed, but if the other player isn't near the PC when traveling, the other player's Character will stay in other area (it happened with Xzar and Montaron, while I was alone too :P), and then, compatibility with other devices, the number of iPad players isn't so high.

5) Random icon shows at the feet of the characters when selected to travel to other area, a screenshot speaks for a thousand words, but I can't upload images here...

6) Dialog textbox don't goes up in its totality, it bothers me a lot, because the slider is also a pain here, and really, I use the text box as a reference of what is happening, so making it show up empty upsets me, also, a screenshot would help, but it seems I can't post 'em here.

@Cuv here it is made! @Dee-Wan Kenobi you are my only hope! I don't know if somebody else cares much about this.
Post edited by CrevsDaak on
Cuv

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    edited December 2013
    7) Items show up as unidentified while identified with the auto-loot/item-picker, see the picture, I don't know why it is like that.

8) Illusionary Werewolves make Vorpal Hits, fix it, it is game breaker, still I managed to survive, I had to reload several times. (pleaaaaase, fix thaaat one first!)

9) Illasera's Mirror Image gives her only two images, it is SO easy to beat her now that I'm complaining, in the vanilla ToB she had 8.

10) Shadowdancer's have the scrolling space for the Set Traps ability, see image accordingly.

11) SoA's entry movie is smaller for some reason, I didn't zoomed as I can't zoom there, the other movies seem fine, but I haven't saw them all.

12) TAB emulator works 80% of the time, in the older versions it worked 60% of the time, it sill being very helpful, it shows where invisible creatures are and it shows creatures in places you shouldn't be able to look into, making Far-sight useless (more useless than ever :P).

13) Some texts are gone while in cutscene, mostly, Irenicus' "do you even know WHOM you face" and some others, they appear but disappear very quickly.

14) Squares show in "water-like" effect places, see screenshot, I think some BAMs are missing.

15) In multiplayer, if a player picks up items that were on the ground, the other can go and open the same empty loot screen, it is strange and it happened to more people than just to me, and he picked up everything, he had the items I dropped in his inventory, and I could go and pick up nothing (the ground animation were also gone when he picked up the items, but if you touched (clicked, pointed, licked whatever) the same place where the items were, it showed up the loot screen.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I think the multiplayer must have crashed, it said the session was terminated. I didn't end it. Also about every other Time I moved my character, the loot gathering interface showed up like I was picking up loot, when there was nothing on the ground.
    edited December 2013
    @meagloth yes, I can confirm both, I didn't kicked you, nor I finished session when you left the game, and I saw that bug with the false items in the ground, it happened to me with the Robes you've dropped and then picked up again, it will be reported as 15).
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Awesome :) *I thought Han shot first (j/k)
    CrevsDaak
    @Cuv I thought of naming the thread "Gorion shot first but died anyway", or "Gorion shot first, Sarevok is the last standin one", but adding the real topic of the thread seemed, ur, a little bit more convincing :P
    Cuv
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    for #7 - same issue on Desktop version
    CrevsDaak
    edited December 2013
    @Cuv @Dee any hope we (I and the other testers) get the Beta Tester Badge?? As you've might noticed, I am prideful, and I want to have the badge (no, I am not doing this for the badge, I wouldn't lift a finger for a badge, and not to mention that it is 1:50 while I am writing this, and my mommy will kill me if she finds me awoken, I wanted to help to make the EE better, and now I can, so I will help as much as I can, also, reporting bugs while playing a game for "free" is very nice, more if you don't find game breaking bugs and if you have 3 months of holydays like me, yeah, they are holy).

16) Umber Hulk's Confusion affects you even with Spell Immunity: Enchantment, just an easy thing to fix.

And I found more missing floating texts.

And even more clumsy/Giant Pixels invading all over Faerun's watery surfaces.

17) Dorn is in the Temple District, even if the DLC is shown as not purchased, nice storyline too (congrats @AndrewFoley, I am liking it much more than in BG:EE), and nice names for the guys in the ambush after you destroy the Helmit Camp (I killed everyone, including the Cook >:D EEEVIL!!!), see the image to confirm that the whole storyline is working and progressing, and that I was 1) ambushed in the middle of the sea 2) the water is also bad-looking in the Temple District.

[spoiler=Simon and Garfunkel, Wagner is also a musician]
    image[/spoiler]
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    Just wanted to say thank you to all you BETA testers out there. Thanks for making the product a much better experience.

CrevsDaak they should give you a badge, the least they can do. I hope you got the game you're testing for free.

Thanks again
    @greenfish thanks, anyway, I want to help, but free copies sounds even better :P
    edited December 2013
    18) Game crashes when you touch Boo in Minsc's inventory, I know Minsc don't wants me to touch Boo, but it is a little bit exaggerated.

19) Arrows do not stack when picked up via auto-looter, works OK if picked up normally.

@Cuv @Dee happy holydays n' please read this.

20) Cespenar's Spell Turning animation is gone after sleeping.

21) Can't open the door inside the Vampire dungeon in ToB, at the north, it blocks me to proceed to the Castle, since I can't take the corridor to the south, in Saradush, I detected it and I couldn't open it, no matter what, it shouldn't be locked, nor it is locked, I've detected it and then POOF, it disappeared! Vanished, I got ripped by shadows trying to get in via the Sewers.
    greenfishReverendBobCthulhus_Mumlolien
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    @CrevsDaak about 21) : That door was always locked and unpickable, you need to get the key from the woman in the temple; you need a key to enter sewers as well.
    @Iansounet the one INSIDE the cave/dungeon, I know about that one, I play like 3 hours of vanilla each day.
    Thanks, now correcting a little.
    22) the Kid's Daddy is up, but the kid is screaming his fucking same lines, strange...
    Both the door that I am unable to open and the arrows that didn't stacked properly when picked up with the auto-looter. (21 and 19).
    It seems that 14) was fixed with the new patch, but I haven't tried yet.
    Yeah you guys deserve at least a free copy for your work (in my opinion). Thanks also for posting screenshots of the game. The game is coming up on 14 years... and the artwork is still excellent. Looks like it's gonna be a treat on the ipad with touch interface.
    14) was fixed affectively, 17) is fixed too as Dorn don't shows up any more ( @Cuv you have to confirm me if they've worked on that for this patch of the beta or something strange happened before.
    greenfish
  • Rein373Rein373 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all! I've been testing this one as well. I've noticed most of the above problems as well.
    The insta kills from the werewolves is inexcusable, and the one that kills my enjoyment of the game. As soon as I enter the first room with them they swarm my party and then slaughter them in seconds. I CAN get through it if they don't manage to kill my main character first, but by the time I leave that first room I've got maybe 2 or 3 party members left.

This needs to be done away with before the game comes out. The fact that such heinously powerful creatures exist in the very beginning of the game is nonsense.
    greenfish
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I've also been testing the beta...not sure if this thing i really ready to go live yet. For the most part, haven't found anything totally game breaking (aside from those darned werewolves...I had to get lucky and reload a bunch to get past them). The water graphics are definitely broken and distracting, and I had Nalia show up after being captured but before I got her set her free, and also consistent crashes trying to kill the dragon under the Umar ruins. Still only on chapter 3, though. It's totally playable but I know the nay-sayers are going to have a field day saying the game is "unplayable" and a rip-off. I for one am having a great time playing through, though. The controls are really smooth, unless I'm trying to buy something (tap the grey scroll bar....don't try to drag the items list!). Aside from the blocky water graphics, everything looks great. The sound kind of stinks...I'm sure they had to compress the sound to fit it under 2 gigs.
    I've been sending in detailed comments to @Dee. My list is pretty similar CrevsDaak's though.

I know everyone is itching to get this on the ipad, but let the devs patch it once more at least before running them over the coals!

In summary, AWESOME, almost.
    procco said:

I've also been testing the beta...not sure if this thing i really ready to go live yet. For the most part, haven't found anything totally game breaking (aside from those darned werewolves...I had to get lucky and reload a bunch to get past them). The water graphics are definitely broken and distracting, and I had Nalia show up after being captured but before I got her set her free, and also consistent crashes trying to kill the dragon under the Umar ruins. Still only on chapter 3, though. It's totally playable but I know the nay-sayers are going to have a field day saying the game is "unplayable" and a rip-off. I for one am having a great time playing through, though. The controls are really smooth, unless I'm trying to buy something (tap the grey scroll bar....don't try to drag the items list!). Aside from the blocky water graphics, everything looks great. The sound kind of stinks...I'm sure they had to compress the sound to fit it under 2 gigs.
    I've been sending in detailed comments to @Dee. My list is pretty similar CrevsDaak's though.

I know everyone is itching to get this on the ipad, but let the devs patch it once more at least before running them over the coals!

In summary, AWESOME, almost.

Thanks for the input.

But what's up with the audio, that had me alarmed?

The original size on pc is 2.6GB.

Compressing audio should NOT be an issue, since original audio is pcm. If it's that bad as you say then beamdog needs to offers oss in-game download for free to fix that issue.

Now i'm a bit worried.

BG games stems from HQ audio/music.

Thank you for being a beta tester.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I wouldn't get too worried about the sound. I'm just guessing about it being compressed. They may just need to eq it. It just doesn't sound as full and rich as it does on the ipad version of BGEE.
    edited December 2013
    PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT IF YOU ARE NOT REPORTING SOMETHING FROM THE BETA!
    Don't say anything if "suspect something" be sure before posting.
    23) Not giving correct Hit Points at character creation, I created a Wild Mage, with no CON bonuses she has 56 Hit Points, while she should have (4x7=) 28, nice exploit, but it is a bug.
    24) Hareshian spawns in Chapter 1 (I took the screen shot in chapter two, but she was in the Promenade after I got out).
    25) VERY difficult to see the game version in SoA options menu.
    26) Containers "pick this up, go there, do that" is too big, even revealing unseen parts of the map, very bothering while running from a Statue whos going to kill you.... Also, it works like a cheesy Farsight.
    27) Ooze Mephit is OVER Green Jelly ("None shall stand where Ooze Mephit does, unless it walks atop them!!!" :P), so either the Mephit nor the Jelly can move nor attack, very helpful but a bug at all, now they are a cake to kill.
    Water was fixed, Dorn do not appears anymore, so 14) and 17) are now fixed.
    28) Orc Archers shot arrows before the shooting-arrow graphic toggles.
    I've been playin' the Mac version a lot, and it seems that (it slowed the mods I was making and the report in the beta for iPad, but anyway...), and 6) also happens there, and it bothers me a lot.
    edited December 2013
    29) When you put the iPsd to sleep with the opened game, and then you unlock, the game is unresponsive, TOTALLY unresponsive, iOS 6.1 if it helps out, it only happens in BG2:EE, BG:EE seems unaffected by this.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @crevsdaak, sorry for interrupting the beta thread, but shouldn't you be using iOS 7? That's what the majority of the people playing the game are going to run it on.
    edited December 2013
    @meagloth no, I was selected just because I have i OS 6.1, besides i OS 7 cannot be jailbroken, so I can't mod BG:EE (well, I can, but it is complicated, also, I make much use of dialog.tlk), nor investigate it at 100% to see if something is wrong with the beta and how it is wrong (if I am not too lazy :P).
    And i OS 7's interface is horrible, I despise it a lot, tis' awful.