Skip to content

Regarding Android

13»

Comments

• officialhopsofofficialhopsof Member Posts: 7
    @matthileo Well, my point was just that when it releases, it will be worth the wait, there isn't much sense in getting upset that it is not complete yet. Overhaul has never given any hard release dates, and they aren't done yet but I am sure they are working on it, not much they can do besides that, I mean, I guess they could work tons of overtime but I don't like to do that in my life and I don't expect that of anyone else either.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @matthileo It was originally NEVER going to be released on Android, it was only by Beamdog petitioning various stakeholders that it was even considered. We are now potentially a few weeks away from this happening.

So yes, we all understand you are disappointed and frustrated with the delays and what you perceive to be a lack of communication along the road. The Devs at Beamdog are also at least equally frustrated with the process of trying to shoehorn 15 year old code into APK format. Just deal with it instead of constant bellyaching about it.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Am I annoyed at how long it is taking to get an Android version? Yes.

Am I going to be refreshing the Play Store and buying as soon as it's available? YOU BETCHA!

I'm not one of "those people" who will "boycott" something when all that will do is hurt myself ;)
  • pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39
    just woke up to an email saying i have been selected to beta test on my samsung tab 2, as i havnt heard of anyone being selected till today hopfully this is a sign of things getting close
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57
    @pandacake

Wow that is great news...

Happy New Year to you...
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say, because I haven't received any instruction on that side of things yet. However, I did sign up for the Android beta test, and just received an email that there is a build of.. something.. available. I think it's too small to be either of the EE's, so it may just be a test or demo build etc.

I tried to download it, but the server isn't responding.
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    I managed to download and install the available BG(dtx) file but sadly it does not work, "invalid resource". Maybe it's just something equivalent of a preload file?

That something is happening even though they said "nothing would happen in two weeks*" is rather interesting in a very good way.
  • pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39
    Aron740 said:

I managed to download and install the available BG(dtx) file but sadly it does not work, "invalid resource". Maybe it's just something equivalent of a preload file?

That something is happening even though they said "nothing would happen in two weeks*" is rather interesting in a very good way.

i get the exact same message on my samsung tab 2 so am glad its not just me
  • terf2004terf2004 Member Posts: 2
    Firstly, if you dont say anything then no one is going to know you have a problem, this is true for life not just for BG. Secondly, the communication doesnt matter when its always bad news for one platform with the exception of something that reads like a bone being thrown "This is great for iOS, yeah sure its good for everyone I guess"

If the beta is starting then thats a good thing, I just hope its not too late.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Aron740,
    Aron740 said:

"nothing would happen in two weeks*"

Actually, that was me who said two weeks. I'm not a Beamdog employee, just a moderator, so I don't know anything about what their plans are for the Android. I was just interpreting "Expect to see some real actual news and information when we get back into the office in January" as being approximately two weeks before we hear anything from the date the post was made.

They did say that nothing will happen until "after the holiday." Technically "the holiday" was the 25th, Christmas, which was yesterday for most countries. Any time after midnight on the 25th can be considered "after the holiday." I am not entirely certain, but I think that was also more in reference to an actual release date rather than directly aimed at the beta. At least the seemingly early access would hint at such.

On that note, I haven't received an e-mail but I do have access. Downloading now. Judging by the size, I am not too optimistic that it is the full package. No idea, though.
  • GirdGird Member Posts: 1
    Faydark said:

Am I going to be refreshing the Play Store and buying as soon as it's available? YOU BETCHA!

I'm not one of "those people" who will "boycott" something when all that will do is hurt myself ;)

I have to say that sums up my own thoughts as well. I have been lurking over these threads for months now but this latest few days have been extraordinary in their bitterness levels. They are bringing BG to android. I don't care if it takes another year, the game is worth the wait. Will I sulk, sure. But like any kid before xmas, waiting is all you can do that is in any way a reasonable response to the situation.
  • funkybuddafunkybudda Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2013
    Gird said:

Faydark said:

I have to say that sums up my own thoughts as well. I have been lurking over these threads for months now but this latest few days have been extraordinary in their bitterness levels. They are bringing BG to android. I don't care if it takes another year, the game is worth the wait. Will I sulk, sure. But like any kid before xmas, waiting is all you can do that is in any way a reasonable response to the situation.
    as much as I like the BG series and want to buy it, I think I will have to hold back.

To spend money on these port is telling this company that IT IS OK TO (edit) THE ANDROID USERS, when the global market for android devices have way surpassed their obsessed iOS platform.

Sorry guys, I wish I can be part of the BG android community, but I cant (edit)
    Post edited by Cuv on
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @funkybudda You seem to be new here so I will direct you to the forum site rules at the top of every forum and thread ^ http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10852/site-rules-mind-the-gap

Your post above will be edited. Personal attacks on anyone are not allowed.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm going to close this thread, as it's mostly here for information. We'll post substantially more information when we get back into the office after the 6th; until then, try to be patient, and remember that the site rules are there for a reason.
This discussion has been closed.