Skip to content

[Dupe, 7190] Companion Won't Shut The F%#! Up

unkinheadunkinhead Member Posts: 107
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Every 1-2 seconds, Keldorn is constantly saying his "Command Me" line such as: "I Stand Ready", "You Have a Plan", etc etc, and its so annoying, i have tried reforming the party, killing him and restoring him, etc nothing works...Its like he is on an endless script to tell me what he is doing, and not only is it annoying but it stops him from whatever i commanded him to do, he instead says the line, also i can't save when he is constantly talking because you can't save in dialogue mode...Anyone experience this or have a fix to it?

The same thing happened to me before with Hexxat, but it went away after i left the area. That doesn't seem to work here...Any advice?
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I think this is a known bug, but I don't have bg2ee, so I don't pay too much attentions to the bugs there. Also, you put this in bg:ee bugs, not bg2:ee.
  • unkinheadunkinhead Member Posts: 107
    Every 1-2 seconds, Keldorn is constantly saying his "Command Me" line such as: "I Stand Ready", "You Have a Plan", etc etc, and its so annoying, i have tried reforming the party, killing him and restoring him, etc nothing works...Its like he is on an endless script to tell me what he is doing, and not only is it annoying but it stops him from whatever i commanded him to do, he instead says the line, also i can't save when he is constantly talking because you can't save in dialogue mode...Anyone experience this or have a fix to it?

The same thing happened to me before with Hexxat, but it went away after i left the area. That doesn't seem to work here...Any advice?

edited December 2013
    Fixed it, had to make him leave to go to radiant heart, then get him back, apparently the reason for him talking was because he was supposed to initiate dialogue with Nalia in my party, but it was stuck somehow.

EDIT: nope, hes still doing it...FML
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    You wouldn't have any mods would you? That sounds like a mod is interfering with the character's dialog.
    nope no mods
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Oh, no, this happend to me with Yeslick in v1.0.2007 in BG:EE, now you'll hate his voice set :P
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Please upload a saved game where he does this.