Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG2EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You need Rasaad for his quests, so any lewt on said quests will require him on your party, sadly. That said, if you are a Dark Moon Monk (as opposed to just an Evil Monk), you can probably RP joining forces with him in SoA quite effectively. ToB I don't know about, but it would probably be harder.
  • ThraxxThraxx Member Posts: 67
    thx for the quick anwer
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Hehe, lewt.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

You need Rasaad for his quests, so any lewt on said quests will require him on your party, sadly. That said, if you are a Dark Moon Monk (as opposed to just an Evil Monk), you can probably RP joining forces with him in SoA quite effectively. ToB I don't know about, but it would probably be harder.

Doesn't feel strange attack dark moon monks being one and with Rasaad in the team?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    kamuizin said:

Doesn't feel strange attack dark moon monks being one and with Rasaad in the team?
    Maybe in ToB (when you are presumably fighting against DMM), but in SoA you could RP it as forging a temporary alliance of convenience in order to infiltrate an organisation that threatens both your faiths equally (the Twofold Trust). The DMM only really show up at the end of the quest.
    kamuizin
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013
    i this point of the game rather not imortenet but meby for someone colud be usfull:
    Nera quest ToB weapon marchant can be pick pocket from ring of fire 50% with spells in blackPits marchant arena(in black pits also warking) and i find belt 19 STR in hexxat Tob quest in corps of gnom mage saround by the spiders
    Abel
  • Magnus87Magnus87 Member Posts: 21
    Is there any rough estimation on how complete the list is? It feels a little... limited so far
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Magnus87 said:

Is there any rough estimation on how complete the list is? It feels a little... limited so far

Keep in mind that its a guide to the new items that appear in the game (not the old items that appeared in BG2 unless extra copies of them have been added). From what I can see it looks pretty complete.
    jackjack
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I think it's nearly complete now, just a few bits and peices in ToB need checking.
    Bear in mind though that in BG:EE, subsequent patches added and changed existing magic items too, so the list is never really going to be complete.
    Not to mention any *fingers crossed* additional content or expansion packs that might come further down the line
    elminsterEudaemoniumjackjack
  • Magnus87Magnus87 Member Posts: 21
    so no +5 katana :(
    kamuizinSenash
  • SporvanSporvan Member Posts: 31
    This list is missing Boots of Elvenkind from Hexxat Tomb 3. Using the Stone to Flesh scroll activates all the Wizard statues and allows you to open the unclickable chest for Boots of Elvenkind. You can kill the statues with for example a Fireball but that doesn't trigger the chest being clickable.

There's also a strong possibility that the lamp can be activated to make a hidden item. More discussion on it in this topic:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24467/tomb-of-the-unproved-items#latest

ajwzelminsterAbelArunsun
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    Does anyone have the item code for the eye of the beholder helm? Mazzy was using it, went off to fight Gorf the Squisher, and I forgot to pick up our stuff. I came back to the copper coronet and the only item left was the illithum she was carrying so I'm CLUA-ing the rest of her stuff in. I don't have a save game editor because I am on mac and I dont want to run wine.

Does anyone have the item code for the eye of the beholder helm? Mazzy was using it, went off to fight Gorf the Squisher, and I forgot to pick up our stuff. I came back to the copper coronet and the only item left was the illithum she was carrying so I'm CLUA-ing the rest of her stuff in. I don't have a save game editor because I am on mac and I dont want to run wine.

duplicate old fashin way take old save and new one put them to multiplayer game savees folder and in old save give to your charnem helmet export charakter load new game save in multi and creat new NPC from your imrted charname give muzzy stufs delat your npc charname get fixed save game to single players saves folder

oki im official stupid i jsut open the eekeeper and remaind that ther is a list of codes iteam;P
    "ohreyeb"- helmet code
    AcridSyphilis
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    thank you!
  • foster79foster79 Member Posts: 30
    Do we know the clua codes for these new items yet? I was especially interested in Hawksight, Cloak of Unerrring Strikes, and the assorted stuff the Vagrant Blades drop. I tried to resolve all three of those situations peacefully but I hate missing out on new items.
    edited December 2013
    foster79 said:

Do we know the clua codes for these new items yet? I was especially interested in Hawksight, Cloak of Unerrring Strikes, and the assorted stuff the Vagrant Blades drop. I tried to resolve all three of those situations peacefully but I hate missing out on new items.

in eekeeper all iteam has codes as i say early on future chcec there:
    hawksight-> "ohrsw1h1"
    Axe-> "ohraxe1h1"
    sling -> "ohrsling1"
    cloak of unerrring-> "ohrclck2" (in game you can get it 2 times first pick pocket in trademeat and when monk ambush you second time from this same persone)
    belt -> "ohrbelt1"
    amu-> "ohramul1"
    ring -> "ohrring1"

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I have to say that the new items in BG2 are a bit of disappointment. All of them only accessible in the new areas, and all new areas are totally linked to the respective new NPCs (except Neera from what i saw).
    ryuken87nano
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    whats up with the brass blade?

my problem with the new items is they didn't really seem to add much to the weapon categories that needed actualy needed it imo that was one thing I liked about BG1EE it felt like they filled in the gaps with the new items abit
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but silver dragon scale seem to be wearable with other magical equipment, like cloaks and rings of protection.
    ajwzjackjackEudaemonium
  • JulixJulix Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2013

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but silver dragon scale seem to be wearable with other magical equipment, like cloaks and rings of protection.

Silver Dragon Scales don't exist as far as I can tell... just had my good aligned party murder a good dragon just so I could see... why can't I rip it's scales off? I get that our dungeon master (i.e. the game) is allowed to railroad us (i.e. not give full range of freedom for sake of telling a meaningful story) - but this just seems inconsistent. Yes I'm aware that
    the blood too becomes an armor if done right
    , but there can't be too many evil-only artifacts! (that can with help of UAI be used for the greater good by my rather chaotic bard :D ) --- I'd love running around with that paladin sword in silver dragon hide... Is there a mod for that?
    Post edited by Julix on
  • @Julix There are other silver dragons than Adalon in the EE, and they do indeed drop scales that Cespenar can use.
    edited December 2013
    Cyteen said:

@Julix There are other silver dragons than Adalon in the EE, and they do indeed drop scales that Cespenar can use.

Why then not give her some as well? If there's multiple silver dragons, why not multiple silver dragon armors? To be really cool they could be a scale and a plate (based on different dragon sizes or age or something)...
  • Julix said:

Cyteen said:

@Julix There are other silver dragons than Adalon in the EE, and they do indeed drop scales that Cespenar can use.

Why then not give her some as well? If there's multiple silver dragons, why not multiple silver dragon armors? To be really cool they could be a scale and a plate (based on different dragon sizes or age or something)...
    Because the devs decided not to? /shrug. If you want to make your own, it wouldn't be that difficult. Besides, killing Adalon already gives you an ingredient for really good leather armor.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Are modifications to existing items relevant to this thread? I've just noticed that the Defender of Easthaven is now a +3 weapon where it was previously +2. That is very significant as it is a commonly used weapon, and now hits a lot of things it didn't before.
    ajwzjackjack
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Has it been mentioned that The Visage can be worn by classes who are not normally permitted helmets? My monk is now immune to criticals, along with the other benefits.
    jackjack
    Cyteen said:

Julix said:

Cyteen said:

Because the devs decided not to? /shrug. If you want to make your own, it wouldn't be that difficult. Besides, killing Adalon already gives you an ingredient for really good leather armor.
    I would love for them to make an item called "broken silver dragon scales". "As you attempted to tear these scales off that mother dragon, many of them broke making them useless for building any kind of high quality armor." If you bring them to a smith he could "try" to make an armor out of it, and after the long work it cracks leaving you with a cool but rather useless item. Maybe AC2 so it's an improvement over the basic plate armor, but less good than highly available Full Plate Armor :D

Alright fair enough. Point taken, most people don't kill the dragon so few would actually get to see this. Still I think it would be a great fix.

I'm okay with balance decisions, as long as they don't go too much against the ingame logic. :-)
    Abel
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Fardragon said:

Has it been mentioned that The Visage can be worn by classes who are not normally permitted helmets? My monk is now immune to criticals, along with the other benefits.

This was already possible with King Strohm's Mask, in case you weren't aware - from the tombs in the Windspear Hills, and functioned, when completed, essentially like a normal helmet for anyone (unless that has been changed in EE).
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

Are modifications to existing items relevant to this thread? I've just noticed that the Defender of Easthaven is now a +3 weapon where it was previously +2. That is very significant as it is a commonly used weapon, and now hits a lot of things it didn't before.

Yes, all modifications are welcome. Thanks for pointing this out :)