Skip to content

#7391 [CORE] - de'Arnise Keep - Flood dialog is broken

dibdib Member Posts: 384
edited January 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
When doing the flood event at the de'Arnise Keep and choosing to pay the full amount for both repairs and new ditches I get a reply option saying "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS", and the text that should show up in the dialog window is instead written on the Continue/End Dialog button. Pressing the option or the button ends the conversation with the quest left unfinished.

I'm unable to screenshoot it on this computer for some reason.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• dibdib Member Posts: 384
    @Gate70 Yes I chose the topmost replies both times and chose to pay the full amount for repairs and ditches. It seemed like the crook was choosing to pay the full amount (5000 gold) for repairs though. Choosing to pay only a part of the amount (4000 gold) solved the problem, and I was able to complete the quest.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This happened to me in vanila ToB, the Watcher's dialog stopped and he didn't said nothing about you killing Demogorgon (yeah, after killing the Prince of Demons).
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @dib: Any mods installed? I actually VERY thoroughly tested that quest during pre-production and I'm a bit surprised at this since I've gone through EXACTLY that option at least twice.
    @Gate70 Sorry, I didn't keep any save. :(

@Illydth Nothing more than a few 2da tweaks that I did myself manually.
    So I just noticed screenshots end up in a specific folder. Here it is.
    edited January 2014
    The interface is vastly different from base, but that may not be an issue...I notice very different portraits too. This wouldn't happen to be a multi-player game would it? Let me see if I can repo this.

Edit:

No repo in my case. I can't get this one to happen. Are you on the most recent version? Do you have a saved game that we can take a look at prior to the part where you do the Dams?
    Post edited by Illydth on
    edited January 2014
    Ok I found an old save and rest-spammed my way through the de'Arnise quest until I got to the flood event, choosing exactly the same options as I did before along the way. And I as able to reproduce the bug.

It's a multiplayer party copied over to a singleplayer game, so yeah all the portraits are custom. I haven't done anything to the GUI except to hide the the left-hand bar, which is a standard feature of the game. I have the version that was released November 21 (Patch 1.2.2030).

Let see if you can reproduce it using the save.
    Yeah, I suspected that variable had something to with it. I never touched it though, so it has only been changed through the normal choices I made throughout the quest line.
    @Gate70: I assume we have bug here then? The fact that KPRevolt does not have a case for a 0 value in state 110 is a bug? Can you do me a favor and open a Bug Report on this since you seem to know what to look for in code/dialog to get the devs an exact location...unless this is nothing more than missing text that Jalily can handle, in which case I can just summon or put a change request into the language stuff.

@dib: Do you know what choices you made at each step/phase to cause the KPREVOLT variable to be set to 0? That's going to be the root cause of the issue. If you know what decisions you made we may be able to repro this where we can narrow the reset of the var down to a given choice.
    @Illydth Sorry don't really remember every choice I made anymore. They were all legitimate choices without any mods involved though.