Skip to content

How can I get Imoen back?

Hi All,

I think that I just ballsed up big time. I dismissed Imoen from the party and can't find her.

Background: In BG1 tutu, I just killed Mulahey in Nashkel Mines, and I wanted to check out Xan, so I made space by sacking off Imoen. The conversation went some like this:

I: You can't leave just leave me here!
Me: Farewell then!
I: You're no fun since we left candlekeep! I should never have come along with you gully pennies.

Then she storms of out the cave. Usually she says that she'll wait at candlekeep, but I've been there and nowhere to be seen. She didn't stay at the cave either.

It seems pretty final that she won't come back, but I've spent HOURS dualling classing her and can't be arsed doing it all again with another character.

Does ANYONE no where she could be? Or if there's no way to get her back?

Thanks in advance - please help me recover the game, if you can!

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2013
    That dialogue sounds like you let your reputation get too low - are you playing evil? Imoen is neutral good. She won't break with you over reputation like most good characters will, but if you dismiss her while your reputation is in the gutter, she's gone permanently, I believe.
  • badaidsbadaids Member Posts: 3
    I'm playing a Paladin, an all good party, with reputation 19! I don't get why she would go off in a huff like that!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Did she have any valuable items? Worst comes to worst you can always console in a new Imoen.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @badaids, what mods do you have? In my experience with vanilla, she always stays exactly where you leave her if you detach her. If she has left the area in your game, and reputation is not the problem, then, it sounds like you may have a mod conflict.

If you have either the SCS or Tweaks NPC management components installed, she should be at the FAI.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2014
    If you can find her unit id, you should be able to spawn her via console and talk to her. Not sure what she would say. I know montaron is currently bugged and if you talk to him right after recruiting him, he gives you the F-you speech and him and xzar bugger off forever, regardless of your rep.

Edit: should be CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Imoen2") or maybe 4 or 6. I think that spawns a new Imoen so that might not get her inventory back.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Bigfish said:

If you can find her unit id, you should be able to spawn her via console and talk to her. Not sure what she would say. I know montaron is currently bugged and if you talk to him right after recruiting him, he gives you the F-you speech and him and xzar bugger off forever, regardless of your rep.

Edit: should be CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Imoen2") or maybe 4 or 6. I think that spawns a new Imoen so that might not get her inventory back.

Even if that doesn't get the Imoen he created back, EE Keeper can do the rest if that works.
  • badaidsbadaids Member Posts: 3
    I've using the Easy Tutu version of BG1 - I don't think that the EE Keeper will work with that.

Do you think I could use CLUA console to spawn Imoen in tutu?

Anyway, some great ideas here, very kind of you, you are a great bunch of people, thanks so much for your help.

Happy New Year BTW.

X
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited January 2014
    Shadowkeeper will work with Tutu;

http://www.mud-master.com/shadowkeeper/
    Post edited by moody_mage on