Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Wow. Orig. Bigby's Hand Spells were Awesome!

syllogsyllog Member Posts: 158
Was looking through 2e spells [Edit: 1e, but almost identical to 2e] (to see if I really had to give up a familiar for dropping summoning - yes, btw :).
I found out the original Bigby hand spells are AWESOME and NONE of them allow a saving throw.
I realize that the nuance of the spells is difficult to code, but it would have been really nice to have the -no save- part maintained.
As it is (in BGII)- no one uses the spells. There are spells with harder saves that do worse things. :/

Bigby's Crushing Hand
Bigby's Clenched Fist
Bigby's Grasping Hand
Bigby's Forceful Hand

Side note: I don't know why Meteor Swarm was never implemented as written (that's pretty easy to do and not OP compared to other 9th lvl spells - 4 targetable spheres (like the lightening wand) each do 10d4 damage with no save for the targetted creature and a save for nont-targetted creatres.)
Meteor Swarm

Oh, and the full list of core 2e [Edit: 1e, but very similar] spells for anyone interested:
http://pandaria.rpgworlds.info/cant/rules/adnd_spells.htm

[Correction: The links below are to 1st edition spells. I just found a copy of 2nd edition books though and all of the spells in question are essential identical - actually most of the spells are very similar in 1e and 2e (in 2e BFF doesn't require concentration).]

Post edited by syllog on

Comments