Skip to content

How to use custom portraits on App Store Mac version of bg2ee

meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
Like it says on the title, I can't seem to find clear directions for Mac.
I've tried open package content on the app in finder, then override, then create a "portraits" folder, then drag my portrait to it, which moves it for the desktop instead of copying it, and the custom portraits does not show. Please correct the plethora or mistakes I just mentioned :)

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2014
    Username/Documents/Baldur's Gate (II) - Enhanced Edition (it is an alias, the real folder is somewhere in Library, deep, sleep in the deep)/portraits

EDIT: sorry, but what I posted is only for Beamdog version. I can't help :/ sorry.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @crevsdaak aannndd, there's the problem! There are directions to the App Store bg1, and the beamdog bg2, but the two fail to meet anywhere on the internet, it seems.
    The directions for BG:EE should be the same that the BG2:EE ones I think.
    But theoretically simply doing "open package contents" on the app in finder, and then creating a "portraits" folder in override folder and then just dragging or copying the image into that folder should work?
    edited January 2014
    @meagloth, no, the portraits folder don't goes in the override folder :P. Of that I am sure :P.
    Right, good to know. I will stop trying that. I had also tried it just as a folder, but that didn't wort either.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The portraits folder should be in the same folder as the save folder...

I think its the following folder (replace USERNAME with your local username):
    \Users\USERNAME\Library\Containers\com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition\Data\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\
    @astrobryguy, sorry, but I can't find a data or documents folder. Also, it says beamdog.com somewhere in there, which leads me to suspect that that may not be the App Store version.
    Did you buy BG2EE from the Mac App Store (i.e., Apple's store) or the Beamdog website?

Open a Finder window. On the menubar, select "Go -> Go to Folder..." Then at the prompt, enter the following path (replacing USERNAME with your local username):

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/

Do you see a Data folder in this folder?
    @astrobryguy, as for your first question, the title kinda says "app store version"
    And also, sorry from being a noob, but I don't see a go button on finder. What operating system are you using? My finder looks like this:

That aside, I fond the data folder, and it's full of all different files:
    By opening package contents, and following the path in the photo. Should the portraits folder be in there?
    @meagloth - Look on the menubar at the top of the screen for the Go menu (see attached image). Then select "Go to Folder" from the menu that drops down.
    @astrobryguy, durr, durr, that menu bar.