Skip to content

Importimg your bgee character into bg2ee....

How do you do this.....export your character while in bgee?

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    When you export it creates a .chr file. Basically, you should copy this file or your save into the BG2 save directory and then import them in BG2 :) the games have different directories so will need to move files manually. They should be in your Documents folder under Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and then under 'characters' (for exported .chr files) or 'saves' for saves.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    You go to the character screen ingame and hit Export.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Beamdog may actually streamline this and make BG2:EE automatically look in the characters file for BG:EE, but I guess we'll have to see.
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    What's the average level for a BG1 end game char? I lost my save files, but recovered char file. It's level 8.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    edited November 2013
    Hello my blue friend.

Around level 7-9 depending on class.
    Level 8 conjurer mage. I had to import it from an old BG1 save (not EE). So it seems ok. In EE, I had done most of the content anyway. Looking forward to 2 :V
    Nice avatar :D
  • DashivaDashiva Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2013

What's the average level for a BG1 end game char? I lost my save files, but recovered char file. It's level 8.

I think most people have their character as maxed out as possible and with their preferred items in the inventory (some items, not all, gets transferred with your character). However, if you've not hit the level cap in BG1 worry not, cause the game will bring you up to the starting level of BG2. What level is that you ask? I'm not entirely sure, but a guess would be that it takes off at the exp cap of BG1, which is 161,000.

I thought all the items got taken away at the beginning of BG2.
    Cuv
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692

They do, but the game runs a check list of items that are in your imported character's inventory at the beginning of the game, and a small selection of these items are then dispersed through the first dungeon that you find yourself in. It's not many items, if I recall correctly, but it still allows you to save a few nifty pieces of gear, such as the Helm of Balduran.

• DashivaDashiva Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2013

They do, but the game runs a check list of items that are in your imported character's inventory at the beginning of the game, and a small selection of these items are then dispersed through the first dungeon that you find yourself in. It's not many items, if I recall correctly, but it still allows you to save a few nifty pieces of gear, such as the Helm of Balduran.

There were 2 (3) lists. One with pure armor items like Protector of the Second and Chain Mail +3 etc, and the other list had items like rings, helmets and so on. Iirc there was a third list that would include weapons as well (Flame Tounge, some spear and a dagger +2, a halberd?) but was scrapped and replaced by Sarevok's +2 Two-Hander. Don't take my word on it though, and I also don't know if this 3rd list is fixed with BG2EE.

Edit: Oh, and hold on to the golden pantaloons if you so happen to have them... they're special and works outside of time and space, so no list is required for them.
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    In response to the last two comments... if, like me, you've cheated in a Bag of Holding, beware... BG2 does NOT look in your Bag of Holding for the list items or the Golden Pantaloons. Be sure to take what you want out of the Bag and put it into your main inventory if you want it to carry over to the dungeon.
  • mickyh44mickyh44 Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2013
    I just escaped from Irenicus dungeon with my BGEE half orc character, and did not found any of my BGEE items...
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I've never really found any either, other than the pre-ordained ones (Helm of Balduran and Mail of the Dead).
  • mickyh44mickyh44 Member Posts: 32
    Seriously at the end of BGEE I owned 100000 gold and a full equipment: +3 2 hands sword, +2 full plate armor, high speed boots... (end the same for all companions)

And when you import your character you start with nothing like any other new game...

Seriously as is there is no interest to re-use a BBGE character...
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    You're not supposed to start with your items, and you never were.

The option to import your BG1 character is to continue the story of one character...not one two-handed sword or one pair of boots.

Don't be such a materialist.
    AristilliusDragonspearjackjack
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    rofl leave him alone, if he wants to sneak his boots or swords in let him. im sure Irenicus wouldn't care, his a powerful mage anyway.
  • TigersagTigersag Member Posts: 52
    at LEAST you CAN import your character..... that´s already a lot, right??

Unlike when I got Neverwinter Nights 1 and couldn't and I was so frustrated about it and Knights of the Old repulic where you don't start as a Jedi Master in the next part.

I guess the games would just be too easy, aside from the compatibility issues but it would be interesting to see a game where you had to entry points into the game instead of a straightlined plotline where you always start off as a weeny nobody with half a chance of winning anything.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    The "Baldur's Gate II" section of this page has a list of the items that can potentially be imported into BG2.

http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/miscellany.htm

Here's the explanation of how it works:

"If you have completed Baldur's Gate & the Tales of the Sword Coast and your main character has certain items in his/her inventory they can carry them over into Baldur's Gate II. You can bring one item from each list (below) which is presented in order (i.e. if you have two items from one list, the item higher up the list is imported). There is a default item for each list so that if you never imported an item from each list you will still get something in BG2. You should consider carefully which is the best of each list if you are playing the whole saga through to Throne of Bhaal. Also note that you should hang onto the Golden Pantaloons (not listed below) as they will also carry over into BG2."
  • ronioneronione Member Posts: 2
    Just finished my second playthrough of BG1EE and have tried to export the proper files MULTILPLE times and not a single save or chr file is showing up. Have the steps to import been changed again?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Start BGII:EE, choose SoA, Single Player, click Import Game.
  • ICECORPSE5309ICECORPSE5309 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2019
    Im playing bg on my phone and was just wondering if theres a way you can import a character to bg2ee from bgee without the latter being installed (as id need to uninstall bgee to install bg2ee due to storage space). I started thinking about it last night, because I'm almost finished and already had to reinstall once because of bugs which led to a loss of a character.
    Post edited by ICECORPSE5309 on
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @ICECORPSE5309, please check your other post about this.

Gus