Skip to content

[v1.2] Minor UI bug, amounts > 99 may display incorrectly on the item stack split screen

prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
edited January 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
The leading hundreds digit on the inventory item stack "Choose Amount" screen is not always displayed. See the attached screenshot, the "00" shown should really be "100".

Steps to replicate:
1. Start new game with any char.
2. C:CreateItem("AROW01",160)
3. Try to split 100 arrows away from the original stack.

Since the max stack amount for the ammo in unmodded game is 80, this bug otherwise can only be seen when removing ammunition from the ammo belt container (BAG05) - which is how I noticed it.

Reproduced at 1920x1080 resolution with Scale UI option = on.

Also applies to BG2EE.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Arrow stacks are only supposed to go as high as 80. As far as I am aware, the ammo belt can only be obtained by using the console or with mods. This might be better situated in the BG2:EE category, since the bag can be obtained legitimately.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Troodon80 said:

This might be better situated in the BG2:EE category, since the bag can be obtained legitimately.

It doesn't matter, it works the same way in both games. A bug is a bug, regardless of the game version. There's obviously an error in the current game engine that makes it work that way.

A ticket has already been filed for BG2:EE as #6958.

@Belanos, in BG:EE it will fall under the 'modified game' category. Unfortunately, it does matter. At least for tracking purposes. The issue in BG:EE achieved illegitimately will be given a lower priority than the same issue that can be achieved legitimately in BG2:EE. Fixes such as this will be implemented into BG:EE. I've added this to the BG:EE 1.2 list, but for tracking purposes it will be for BG2:EE.
    Avenger_teambg
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This worked like this in vanilla BG2, awesome cheese, having a split of a hundred arrows...
    But, yeah, I saw when it displays wrong, when buying hundreds of throwing daggers in BG1.
    @CrevsDaak,
    CrevsDaak said:

But, yeah, I saw when it displays wrong, when buying hundreds of throwing daggers in BG1.

Was that in BG vanilla, or BG:EE? Because in BG:EE I just tried buying as many throwing daggers as I could carry and it would only go up to 64 (64 stacks of 10). When purchased, it then put them all into stacks of 40 in my inventory.
    edited January 2014
    @Troodon80 I was trying the new limit with it, but I only selected thousand of them, I didn't buy any son e I wasn't going to use them, it was BG:EE, but with entering numbers that were out of the bounds. And I wrote "599" but only the "99" showed up, whole writing "188" works OK and all the numbers show up.
    I can't get the item counter interface to work in the iPad beta (I'll report that) so I bought the items, I think this should be the same.imageimage
    Troodon80
    edited January 2014
    @CrevsDaak, that would be the same thing, yes. When I press 'Done' in the store it still only accepts amounts of 64 or less for throwing daggers or other such stacks (due to the stack quantity and limited inventory slots). Entering 189, so that the text goes off the edge of the screen, means that I only purchase 1 stack of 10. Entering 300 truncates to 3 when I hit enter. In other words, entering anything above 64 is pointless in that particular case.

I did make a note of this on the report, however, so we shall see. :-)

Edit: also, the reason why certain numbers will appear fine is due to the pixel width of the characters. I actually think this is less of a engine (as in coding) problem and more of a GUI problem.
    CrevsDaak
    @Troodon80 well, I didn't knew THAT limit, which may bother if you're buying Darts from Thalantyr, or maybe it changes.. I have to test it.
    Troodon80 said:

@CrevsDaak, that would be the same thing, yes. When I press 'Done' in the store it still only accepts amounts of 64 or less for throwing daggers or other such stacks (due to the stack quantity and limited inventory slots). Entering 189, so that the text goes off the edge of the screen, means that I only purchase 1 stack of 10. Entering 300 truncates to 3 when I hit enter. In other words, entering anything above 64 is pointless in that particular case.

I did make a note of this on the report, however, so we shall see. :-)

Edit: also, the reason why certain numbers will appear fine is due to the pixel width of the characters. I actually think this is less of a engine (as in coding) problem and more of a GUI problem.

I did knew that, since it is something you easily realize, 1 is thinner than 0, so... That's why.