Skip to content

[Mod] Faiths of Faerûn Kitpack v0.5c (Ready for testing)

Comments

• jean30jean30 Member Posts: 20
    good job man...like it so much...
    (bad english, sorry)
  • TivaanTivaan Member Posts: 15
    Quick Question
    When the new version of BGEE came out there was a new issue that came out with it concerning adding kits has this been resolved for your mod? (PS I love your mod just waiting for that issue to be resolved so I can re-add this to my game again. The first time I added it I get the errors at the beginning.)
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    I have to agree, these look really great
  • SnakesonaskyshipSnakesonaskyship Member Posts: 38
    Any news on this promising mod?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Huh, just today morning I wondered about progress of this mod, too:) @Mordeus how is it going?
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I wonder for this mod's progress every other day, hoping it won't be abandoned :))
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    We still love and like the mod, hope its alive.
  • MalbanMalban Member Posts: 25
    I'm quite excited as well, though it looks to be quite the undertaking so I understand the delay. While all the additions look interesting and well thought-out, I worry the mod is becoming a bit over-ambitious with new features and changes.

As far as some of my personal input: Some of the newer additions and spell changes, while nice, seem to be detracting form the addition of some core/greater deity kits (which is what I'm most interested in using the mod for).

Regardless, looks like an excellent mod with great ideas, keep up the good work!
  • AigleborgneAigleborgne Member Posts: 24
    I have just discovered this mod and it sounds amazing ! Already in my bookmarks to try it whenever I can :)
    Now, I have a few questions. At first glance, it is a cleric kit mod but then, it seems to extend to a larger scope, covering mage kits, and also items-spells?

Currently, there are some very good existing mods like Divine Remix, Spell Revisions, Kit Revisions, Item Revisions, and eventually Spell Pack.

Your mod seems to be very close to P&P and I really like P&P mods (aTweaks beeing my most favorite, present in all my games). But I'd like to have a choice and compatibility is a major concern.

I have played thousands of hours the whole trilogy and I think that spells aren't balanced at all. Only a few spells good at each level and all other useless. You can use them for fun, but if you want to be efficient, you don't have much choice.
    So, as far as I like P&P, I am a great fan of mods like Spell Revisions. It is strongly based on P&P, but when something is really wrong in P&P, it is adapted. This is a great thing !

In my upcoming mod, I will have to redo all caster spellbooks because they are almost all the same as if they have just copy and paste spellbooks. Diversity is good, kits are great too because it is a good way to introduce diversity.... if only it is efficient.

A major problem with actual kits is lack of balance between them and of course, not enough choice. Players like choice, but modders too. If I can make a mod that will fully other mods stuff like kits and spells. I will be happy because I can add a lot of diversity to the game, and not only for the player party.

Also, it seems you are replacing some files, which will cause compatibility issues. Why not using a patching method using WEIDU ?

Shorter version: I will closely follow your mod and I hope it will be a great mod. But if it covers too many areas, it has to be a least equally good with other mods or it will be problematic. Not to mention other factors like balance and diversity for each part.

You should consider to open your own forum because there is too much content for a lone post :)
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    The download link is dead...
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Any updates on this mod? Still eagerly awaiting any more information.
    Mordeus said:

@Illustair Will do :)

Progress has been a bit slow since I've been working 6 days a week but after this week, I'm going to have 4+ weeks break. Strings, spell icons, and the very basic spells are done. I just need a couple of days to sit down and do the more complex ones.

I'm also getting one of those new imac computers this week so things will also speed up with that. I'm atm using a really old computer, so alot of the testing I'm doing now is actually with BG2 vanilla :S

Come back man! :(
  • sascha_m_bsascha_m_b Member Posts: 11
    Please shout if this is a wrong thing to ask,
    but maybe someone can share the version of the mod previously listed?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    this is working in BG2:EE now isn't it?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    kamuizin said:

No dice. While you could theoretically install the mod as is in BG2:EE, there's no way to choose one of its kits there. Not to mention this mod still is(/was) in beta for BG:EE. And without @Mordeus making it compatible with the newest patches, the chances of FoF to work at all for either game is rather slim.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

kamuizin said:

No dice. While you could theoretically install the mod as is in BG2:EE, there's no way to choose one of its kits there. Not to mention this mod still is(/was) in beta for BG:EE. And without @Mordeus making it compatible with the newest patches, the chances of FoF to work at all for either game is rather slim.
    A Shame then, i gave a try when this mod first was launched, but without getting the character compatible for a full run the interest drop a lot.
    Anyone able to patch it up for the current version? :( Really wanted to play this too..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited August 2014
    @subtledoctor‌ I am not quite sure, but opcode 72 looks promising. Iesdp doesn't say anything about a reference to kit.ids, but from what @Mordeus‌ it looks like this would be your best bet.

I assume this is for your kensai? I wouldn't know how you would be able to know your kit ids# in advance though...

Edit: maybe you can put your internal kitname rather than the id#(?)
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
    edited August 2014
  • TacticalDragonTacticalDragon Member Posts: 1
    This mod is completely death?
    Why BG:EE dosent allow to add new kits? looks pretty simple.... :/

This mod is completely death?

It does, and it is pretty simple.

However, from what I recall, this mod was not simple though. I do wonder if it's just the 2da entries that need to be updated. If so, it would be relatively easy to update this mod as it is warts and all to 1.3. If not, and it involves more, heh, then not.
  • This mod is completely death?

It does, and it is pretty simple.

However, from what I recall, this mod was not simple though. I do wonder if it's just the 2da entries that need to be updated. If so, it would be relatively easy to update this mod as it is warts and all to 1.3. If not, and it involves more, heh, then not.
    I have not done extensive testing, but I replaced the included weidu with the newest version and FoF v0.52 installed. I was able to create a new cleric and choose which kit I wanted after the game started.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Maybe its hopeless but this mod had some awesome work in it. Would be a shame to see the potential wasted. I bump it and maybe the creators @Mordeus @Requiem are around somewhere.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Mordeus hasn't posted since January and Requiem hasn't since June of last year
  • SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70
    I hope this hasn't been abandoned, it is one of my favorites
    ...so is there an 'abandonware' rule for a mod--some sort of 'maritime' law perhaps? That is, how long should it sit there before it becomes okay to start plundering? :D
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited August 2015
    Would you pick it up from where Mordeus left off? Or would you use it for something new? At any rate, I would like to think so. Perhaps after some "attempts" to contact the author? It's about time to presumptively declare this mod as dead. And of course, no property (or mod for that matter) should be left stagnant; a new modder should come into picture, yes? In the alternative, in light of "public interest", we should put them to some use? We've been craving for this for a long time; we've been deprived for far too long.haha

Note: I'm kidding. But you know what they say about them being half-meant more often than not
    edited August 2015