Skip to content

What is your favourite crevice for minsc to touch?

ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
In BG2, what is your favourite Dungeon? Can be based on lore, design or any number of other factors.
Since obviously none of you would be silly enough to pick a ToB dungeon, I've not included them i the list :p
  1. What is your favourite crevice for minsc to touch?82 votes
    1. Irenicus' Dungeon
        7.32%
    2. Planar Sphere
        8.54%
    3. Under Windspear Hills
      18.29%
    4. Shadow Temple
      12.20%
    5. Cult of the Unseeing Eye
        7.32%
    6. Nalia's Keep
        8.54%
    7. Bodhi's Lair
        8.54%
    8. Spellhold
      10.98%
    9. Mind Flayer Lair
        6.10%
    10. Other
      12.20%
nanobooinyoureyes

Comments

• That1DudeThat1Dude Member Posts: 19
    First time I went to spellhold I hated it, afterwards I realized the riddles and puzzles in there were actually entertaining instead of just tedious.
    QuartzbooinyoureyesJairyanna
  • Lots of humor in the Windspear Hills (Troll Cook, Failed Wolfwere Ambush...), plus it's got some crazy ambushes in it for the first time you go through.
    booinyoureyesjackjackDragonspear
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Nalia's "keep"... ahem, Nalia's keep. It's small but well-made and has some great booty. Even though it's short and straightforward there's lots of things to do on the side. It was the first one I tried in BG2 and I remember being overwhelmed when I reached the basement until I figured out an approach that worked.
    QuartzTwoWayFinessejackjackIllustair
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I am actually quite fond of Abazigal's lair.
    Girewan
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    It has a perfect sphere shape.
    jackjackJonelethIrenicus[Deleted User]Wolk
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I'm a bit of a masochist.
    [Deleted User]
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    To be honest, I really like the ambiance and layout, pretty good treasure too. not to mention having Drizzt, and the Order of the radiant heart on your side is pretty badass
    booinyoureyeslolien
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited January 2014
    I like Planar Prison the best personally, but if not I'd have to go for the Unseeing Eye. The Amaunator part was especially eerie, there are numerous beholders, a cool puzzle, a unique trap plus there's a lich randomly sitting there.

The Eye is Blind

Also I like the random bits of Windspear. That chick who betrays you after you go treasure hunting is always entertaining, and that battle was fun. Love seeing Tazok again too.
    KidCarnival
  • karnagekarnage Member Posts: 92
    Nalia's Keep.

Well laid out, fun, offers challenge, a good "first dungeon" to take on. Lots of love and detail went into this by BioWare; right down to baths and toilets. Oh, and good treasure.
    Moradin
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I'm partial to WK and the ToB dungeons actually. Though the general spirit of the game is reduced in ToB, the encounter scaling and special capabilities available (both to enemies and your party) by that time tends to make encounters quite interesting, at least with Ascension and SCS taken into account.

I also like that you finally get to enjoy the full potential of a character you've been developing and equipping for such a long time, and see the fledgling from Candlekeep once beset by gibberlings come into his own, if you will: amassed proficiency points and stat increases, late-game loot, HLA:s and spell/ability combinations - it all goes from the character drawing board out onto the actual battlefield.
    Girewanbooinyoureyes
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    nano said:

Nalia's "keep"... ahem, Nalia's keep. It's small but well-made and has some great booty.

Hurr hurr ^^ So Minsc and Nalia ey?

booinyoureyesjackjackcivian1991Blackraven
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Sahuagin City!

Great architecture, romantic panoramic view and on top of that it's populated with adorable fishmen who speak with an good, ol' fashioned Lovecraftian accent. All that's left are some friendly aboleth neighbours to round it all up. :)

booinyoureyesBusticationIllustairRingo
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    I wanted Watcher's Keep as a choice because of the challenge, but picked Spellhold because it can be one of the more interesting ones if your not prepared. Especially if you use the SCS mod where you lose all of your gear, but I find that setting to not be so fun...
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    When making this list, I realised just how much backtracking was involved in most of bg2s dungeons.

Also, I forgot to put planar prison dungeon, but I wouldn't have had space for that anyway
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    Windspear hills.
    Traps, Vampires, Killer Golems (at least they can't get through gaps, where did I put Everard / Tuigan?)
    Good loot, then at the end.
    Oh SH*T, is that a RED DRAGON!!!!
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    The empty house I dump him in because I can't stand him.
    jackjackKidCarnivalQuartzBlackraven
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I actually like the story behind The Cult of the Unseeing Eye. I've a soft spot for old gods.
    KidCarnivalbooinyoureyesQuartz
  • TPSullivan1TPSullivan1 Member Posts: 30
    This was such a tough challenge for me the first time I played so I really needed his help here.

I actually like the story behind The Cult of the Unseeing Eye. I've a soft spot for old gods.

I had to look up a guide to get past the demon you have to heal :)

@mitchfork

I found out that you can hit them with a two hand sword :)
    Now I know who the perverts are... :)
    booinyoureyesDragonspearAristillius
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Is it me?
    booinyoureyes
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I thought that particular section of the dungeon was a prime example of how 'Lesser' beings with bows can still be a threat to what should otherwise be an unassailable party of adventurers. Just goes to show that if you set the table properly, even vegetables can look appealing.

While I think the game does a good job of playing to individual monster's strengths, it could still do better in that arena. but with the dumb AI, it is difficult, I understand.
    Quartz
    Let's just say I've never met a bard who wasn't.
    jackjackbooinyoureyes
    Mitchfork said:

I thought the very beginning of the second Windspear Hills dungeon area, where you're being shot at from orc archers through grating was a very distinct and memorable moment in the game. It's one of the only times in the game where an encounter really surprised me. It's also one of the few times that I think the combat really shows a tactical aspect in terms of positioning enemies and playing to their strengths. I still remember getting through the first door, thinking "well that's over" and then I see them re-positioning on top of the walls of the next room... such a subtle thing but it's so cool to see that type of encounter in a game that's dominated by clumps of undead/reptile race no. X/umber hulks.

I also love that immediately following that room there are a bunch of tough melee enemies (golems and vampires) and you can turn their own fortifications against them :D
    Mitchforkbooinyoureyes
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited January 2014
    Mind flayed lair second. I was so low a level the first time I did that, (must've been 9-10)and I had to kill the brain, and run out, hasted, as fast as I could.
    jackjack
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    nano said:

Mitchfork said:

I thought the very beginning of the second Windspear Hills dungeon area, where you're being shot at from orc archers through grating was a very distinct and memorable moment in the game. It's one of the only times in the game where an encounter really surprised me. It's also one of the few times that I think the combat really shows a tactical aspect in terms of positioning enemies and playing to their strengths. I still remember getting through the first door, thinking "well that's over" and then I see them re-positioning on top of the walls of the next room... such a subtle thing but it's so cool to see that type of encounter in a game that's dominated by clumps of undead/reptile race no. X/umber hulks.

I also love that immediately following that room there are a bunch of tough melee enemies (golems and vampires) and you can turn their own fortifications against them :D
    Never thought of doing that- that's quite genius! Gold star for creativity to you.

booinyoureyesjackjacknano