Skip to content

Evil bard need roleplay ideas

fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
Pleaseeeee

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    This is a little vague... are you talking bios/ scenarios? Strategies? Charname build concepts?
    "Help us to help you!" *Cheesy wink*
  • XcidiumXcidium Member Posts: 22
    Reciting filthy limericks and singing bawdy ballads at inappropriate times and places? Seducing the daughters of every noble north of Nashkel? Siring more offspring than Bhaal? Graffiti that makes old ladies giggle and young men inspect themselves in the mirror? Farting loudly and accusing the nearest hero so persuasively he confesses? Cyrano De Bergerac, Flashman, The Scarlet Pimpernel ?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Pied Piper? Playing music so persuasively that you can charm anything to your will?
  • fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
    abacus said:

This is a little vague... are you talking bios/ scenarios? Strategies? Charname build concepts?
    "Help us to help you!" *Cheesy wink*

I'm looking for character concept ideas.

• XcidiumXcidium Member Posts: 22
    I thought more about this and recall that the bards of paleolithic Britain (the Britons) and pre-Roman Gaul had a *lot* of clout with the folk, as they were not just the storytellers but the keepers of the lore, authorities on how things were and should be. Indeed sometimes they were treated with more reverence than chieftains and kings for their power. Such power that they could destroy an omnipotent authority figure (to borrow from Jaheira) with a bad review. So an evil bard could be a kingmaker gone sour?
    I read a short story about a bard long in retirement who had trained with assassins and could tell a story that would kill the one who heard it. He had to come out of retirement and use his story one last time to save a youth (our hero).
    BelgarathMTH
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    The most obvious evil Jester would "just want to watch the world burn". :)

Evil bards are quite interesting as they are, of necessity, intelligent/cunning in nature... My bad Blade is a calculating mercenary, using the glamour of her flamboyant fighting style and her charm to drive up the price of recruiting her.

As charismatic types, Bards make good spies... Charming secrets out of people, drinking them under the table, and then having the skills to exploit whatever they've learned to their own advantage; An invisibility spell here... a picked pocket there... and a strong sword arm when the victim gets wise.

Maybe as a curious youngster, your bard got into the restricted section of the Candlekeep library... manipulating Imoen into opening the locks... and finding dark histories and forbidden magics.
    BelgarathMTH
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I always thought about playing the ultimate Bard of Villainy. A Bard that would tell the world about how good vegetables are for you... Then when everyone has Broccoli on there plate, he would play a tune and they would ARISE... And take over the city...

Okay maybe not to your taste... get it! (I think I'm trying to hard... Okay time for serious Bard evil ideas...)

The Bas-bard: A fatherless Bard full of angst takes it out on a cruel world that does not care. Finds his father... Prefers to be an orphan. World still doesn't care. Goes out and kills girls who sell matchsticks during extremely cold nights.

The Punk: A punk rocker bard who does not care who he hurts because he is pretty vacant. Likes to put nose studs in unsuspecting old folk.

The Dedicated follower of fashion: Likes to sing ballads about the beautiful women he has seen, then at night removes their flesh and adorns it on himself so he can be beautiful too... (Oh... but his inner ugliness always ruins it... He just has to find someone more beautiful to hide it...)

The Fallen: A bard with such startling allure that men fall at her feet in lust. Sings the deeds of those who fell from the righteous path. Likes to seduce Paladins and make them do bad, bad, bad things... to sheep.

The Finger: Has an extremely high pick pocket skill. No women is safe from this bard. Usually has a cue of them.

Why do you need help? Bard's are just charismatic singers. The stories just write themselves. Although the Broccoli idea is a Booker prize in the making...
    abacusKidCarnivaljackjackbooinyoureyes
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    If you make that soundset I want it too!
    abacusbooinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    A more serious Evil Bard would be to make him super duper vain and modeling him after Dorian Gray or Elizabeth Bathory.
    I'd give this character all the life-stealing weapons (things like the dagger that drains health from your opponent). He uses this to steal the life-force of his enemies and stay forever young.
    Just an idea if you prefer a less silly/absurd path.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited January 2014
    For vanilla Bard, you're a manipulator, selfish and a deceiver. Out for himself only. Think Eldoth.

For Jester, pretend you're Joker. Evil, psychotic and you're playing evil jokes on people.

For Skald, pretend you're a viking. Out to make epic tales and spread carnage.
    I hope Turisas might inspire you. ;)

For Blade, you're a dervish of death. Crazy and about spinning blades. You're the antihero but also tongue-in-cheek. Imagine Deadpool when he spins.
    booinyoureyes