Skip to content

OSX Stand-alone Launcher issues

124»

Comments

• ArteauArteau Member Posts: 11
    My download for BG2 EE is stuck at "Starting Up" -Waiting for Download to Start! Help!
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Try #5 in the OP.
    whats the OP?
    When I hold my Option Key nothing happens, is there something different OSX Mavericks?
    Ok, so I found my way into the Library and Deleted the file mentioned in #3, and then reran everything but I ended up getting stuck at the same spot ;(
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Sorry - OP=Original Post, first in this thread. Are you behind any kind of proxy?

Try deleting the .fastresume file in the Game Data folder and see if that helps.
  • tgoretgore Member Posts: 7
    Purchased game this morning. D/L of installer went fine. Moved it to applications. Now, the BG Installer never connects when I try to d/l the rest of the game. Just keep getting the little spinning wheel by the email address. Have tried to access the installer at 4 different physical locations (Starbucks, work (with proxy), Home, and another access point at a mall). Never, ever connects. Beamdog support has contacted me 2x in six hours. They suggested d/l to another computer and then flash driving it to mine, but that is not an option. Besides, I paid for the game, so why do I need to jump through hoops to get it on my computer?

Tech Specs: MacBookPro OSX 10.8.5
  • madtrukmadtruk Member Posts: 6
    Thanks! I simply redownloaded the game. Not that I wanted to, but i cleared up the issue.
  • tgoretgore Member Posts: 7
    Customer support contacted me this morning and said they did some tinkering on their end. Tried to log in again and same thing - no connection. Just that little spinning wheel. Even re-downloaded the the setup file and did a re-install. Nothing.
  • tychokeplertychokepler Member Posts: 4
    In my launcher it says "Local Data Modified" and won't download at all.
    I tried deleting com.overhaul in my preferences and restarting, but it still doesn't work.
  • jaeckertjaeckert Member Posts: 1
    I downloaded Baldur's Gate from the Applestore and the launcher keeps crashing on me. Am not sure if you want me to post the entire error message or not
  • yetanotherloginyetanotherlogin Member Posts: 1
    I've been playing BGEE on my Mac problem free for some time. Recently updated both my OS (to OS X 10.9 Mavericks) and BGEE. Now I cannot run BGEE at all the normal way. I am seeing both problems #4 and #5 mentioned in the OP. That is, I get the silly "I won't run your PowerPC app!" message from my Mac (#4), and the BGEE launcher quits silently when I press LAUNCH (#5).

I followed the procedures listed in the OP, but no improvement. No problems finding the .plist file and deleting it. Similarly no problems finding the 777.fastresume file. Just didn't do any thing.

Here's something that did actually work for me, and I'm using it just fine as a temporary hack:
    1) In the game folder right click on Baldur's Gate Launcher.app and select "Show Package Contents".
    2) In Contents/MacOS, find Baldur's Gate Launcher - 777, and launch it directly.
    3) Game loads fine except it does not seem to scale 100% correctly to my widescreen monitor. Game play area scales correctly, but control buttons along the bottom of the screen do not. However, this is very minor, and I can live with it.

Can you advise how I should fix this? I really prefer to go through the launcher. If you can't give me any suggestions, then I hope maybe my workaround can give you some direction on solving this problem more generally.
  • popisdeadpopisdead Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I have followed the steps for deleting the preference, 777 and app due to the same issue with the package becoming a 'cannot run ppc apps' etc.

So after signing in with the Launcher again the app downloads again. I noticed the executable is the same size as before. The Launcher has the following messages "Download Complete" a full progress bar then "Waiting for download to start". At this point the Launch button does nothing.

However if I Launch the app from within the Package Contents (when I say that I mean 'Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app', then inside 'Contents/MacOS/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition') the game starts up with a console behind it, I can find my saved games and load them.

So thanks kindly to the support team for posting sticking this thread, having some fairly easy to follow instructions on how to get it working again. Muchly appreciated =)

My only question is: I assume there is an attempt to get the BGEE working from the Launcher again?