Skip to content

IPAD Release Date II

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Siona
    Please look over the site rules; you'll note that calling someone a troll publicly is just as rude as trolling itself. If you see a problem, let a moderator know.
  • SionaSiona Member Posts: 79
    Thank you, and noted. My apologies.
    Illustair
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Some people here should get a new hobbie that teaches patience... I guess Yoga and Medidation are not really the best for the fantasy crowd... hmmm... Oh, yes, how about you become George R. R. Martin fans :) (books, not TV series of course...).

Let's see, Storm of Swords -> Feast for Crows 5 years -> Dance with Dragons 6 years. That was really annoying since he wrote during the waiting period for Feast that it's taking so long because he's writing the next two books more or less together so Dance should be out very quickly afterwards!

Winds of Winter no release date given yet but already 2 years...

Guys, that's what it means to wait for an eagerly awaited release! :) (And you can't even read it on another platform / in paper while you wait for the kindle version)
    greenfishCrevsDaak
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Let's attempt to guess as to the release of BG2EE shall we?
    Whoever is closest to the actual date gets the love and respect of all the other posters.
    I shall take a guess myself. I believe the release date will be 1/16/14
    Think you can guess closer?
    greenfish
  • RafnerRafner Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2014
    Well I have no idea when and how the app store updates, but I'm gonna go with the upcoming tuesday, the 14th of January.

Edit: @Delvarian I have an american wife but I still can't get over the backward way you guys write dates lol
  • spajdrspajdr Member Posts: 20
    Delvarian : i bet for not this year...
  • dwaydedwayde Member Posts: 4
    Siona said:

Wow. Just... wow. I had to make an account just to say this. Look, Beamdog is certainly interested in making money and keeping happy customers. If there were ANY way possible for them to get this thing released, anything more they could do on their side, they'd do it. They're not witholding the game just to make customers angry. Apple is going to release it when they release it, and there isn't a damn thing on earth Beamdog can do about it.

Apple is also notorious for doing this and not giving devs any communication. If anyone thinks it hasn't occurred to Beamdog to write more mails, call, etc.... then you're just absurdly naive. Of course they've done everything (which is very little) they can do. They WANT it available. They make money, customers stay happy.

They aren't giving you more info because there is no info to give. If Apple won't tell them anything, they have nothing they can tell us.

So, listen to some Alan Watts, do some zazen, make sure you have that toon perfect for import when it hits. Some people are getting amped up and taking things WAY too seriously. I mean, really. And just stop responding to this greenfish troll, who is mean, rude, insulting, condescending, and then claims offense when someone has a differing opinion. Just ignore people like that, happily anticipate the game, and have fun.

No...unfortunately you are wrong Siona. People aren't getting amped up...just frustrated and moving on. You can only hold interest in something for so long. Many of us expected Nov..then were told Dec 23. Now a full month later (23 Jan) I bet the game still hasn't landed. On top of this...no updates besides "We are pushing buttons I dont know" from the game developer haha. That is a slap in the face to all of his fans and supporters, trust me. Those boycotting are doing so because they want great developers to have their money in their pockets...and seeing a developer prove they are quite amateur really doesn't make you want to support them a whole lot. Is there any kind of lawful action one can take? I mean can Apple hold your finished product that they say is approved and not put it up for sale without being sued? I just find this all very shocking. Trent Oster must be spinning every day, I would be losing my mind if I were losing thousands every day. From everyone I know who has released on App Store, they say after approval the game is released within hours, never any longer. I am far from naiive...and all of this makes me think there are other things going on here that we the fans are not being told.
    greenfish
  • Cthulhus_MumCthulhus_Mum Member Posts: 9
    I think Trent Oster is getting fed up, too:

Hey @AppStore can you fellows check out what is going on with our game Baldur's Gate II? It has been "Ready for Sale" since the 23rd.

(Can't blame him, really)
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    dwayde said:

Siona said:

Wow. Just... wow. I had to make an account just to say this. Look, Beamdog is certainly interested in making money and keeping happy customers. If there were ANY way possible for them to get this thing released, anything more they could do on their side, they'd do it. They're not witholding the game just to make customers angry. Apple is going to release it when they release it, and there isn't a damn thing on earth Beamdog can do about it.

Apple is also notorious for doing this and not giving devs any communication. If anyone thinks it hasn't occurred to Beamdog to write more mails, call, etc.... then you're just absurdly naive. Of course they've done everything (which is very little) they can do. They WANT it available. They make money, customers stay happy.

They aren't giving you more info because there is no info to give. If Apple won't tell them anything, they have nothing they can tell us.

So, listen to some Alan Watts, do some zazen, make sure you have that toon perfect for import when it hits. Some people are getting amped up and taking things WAY too seriously. I mean, really. And just stop responding to this greenfish troll, who is mean, rude, insulting, condescending, and then claims offense when someone has a differing opinion. Just ignore people like that, happily anticipate the game, and have fun.

No...unfortunately you are wrong Siona. People aren't getting amped up...just frustrated and moving on. You can only hold interest in something for so long. Many of us expected Nov..then were told Dec 23. Now a full month later (23 Jan) I bet the game still hasn't landed. On top of this...no updates besides "We are pushing buttons I dont know" from the game developer haha. That is a slap in the face to all of his fans and supporters, trust me. Those boycotting are doing so because they want great developers to have their money in their pockets...and seeing a developer prove they are quite amateur really doesn't make you want to support them a whole lot. Is there any kind of lawful action one can take? I mean can Apple hold your finished product that they say is approved and not put it up for sale without being sued? I just find this all very shocking. Trent Oster must be spinning every day, I would be losing my mind if I were losing thousands every day. From everyone I know who has released on App Store, they say after approval the game is released within hours, never any longer. I am far from naiive...and all of this makes me think there are other things going on here that we the fans are not being told.
    Very articulated sir!

Yes in my country we have laws against that. I'm not sure how it works in USA.

Sad how one needs to take lawclass actions towards something that should be common sense/decency. What purpose does apple have to NOT release any information?

They invested money into bg 2 ee on ios, they followed proper procedures, game was in fact approved, and then nothing. T

Too bad we don't have an alternative to appstore.

I have to give credit to Trent and his team, they are persistent with communications here or on twitter.

This was posted just now:

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster 15m
    Hey @appstore can you fellows check out what is going on with our game Baldur's Gate II? It has been "Ready for Sale" since the 23rd.
    edited January 2014
    @Rafner backwards?! Don't you know that any way that Americans choose to do something automatically becomes the correct way? Just ask any American if you don't believe me.

So the guesses thus far:

Me: 1/16/14

@Rafner: 1/14/14 (or 14/1/14 if your anti-American)

@spajdr "Not this year" (A vague, but interesting guess)

@greenfish 2/24/14 (merry two months after Christmas)

@Arinoch 11/14/14 or 11/16/14 (hedging his bets)
    Oh yeah the guess date game, sounds fun!

I'd say: 2/24/14
  • ArinochArinoch Member Posts: 15
    I'd also guess Tuesday or Thursday of this coming week (so 14 or 16). Tuesday if the app store gets moving nicely, and Thursday if they decide "hey this is actually a big release...and we like doing those on Thursday for some reason."
    Jim Tarber ‏@jimtarber
    @TrentOster Good luck... Apple's @appstore held my former employer's product for 6 months while 6 million customers waited.
    Delvarian
  • RafnerRafner Member Posts: 64
    @Delvarian No no no! That's even worse! You have to do them in a sensible, logical order! In order of size!
    meagloth
    @Rafner fixed it, thanks for the helpful diagram proving American logic as the greatest logic in the world.
    Delvarian said:

@Rafner backwards?! Don't you know that any way that Americans choose to do something automatically becomes the correct way? Just ask any American if you don't believe me.

So the guesses thus far:

Me: 1/16/14

@Rafner: 1/14/14 (or 14/1/14 if your anti-American)

@spajdr "Not this year" (A vague, but interesting guess)

@greenfish 2/24/14 (merry two months after Christmas)

@Arinoch 11/14/14 or 11/16/14 (hedging his bets)

• Cthulhus_MumCthulhus_Mum Member Posts: 9
    In the interests of legibility by all nations, my guess is 2/2/14 :-p
    Pibaro
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    The only reasonable date format is yyyy/mm/dd. All other are ambiguous and don't sort well.

As far as all the ranting goes, Apple is a big company and can impose difficult rules. These rules might not matter in most cases, but when problems happen like in this case (and in the case of that other tweet with the mysterious 6 month delay), developers are very vulnerable.

If things like this cause you rage, that is on you. If you have anger issues, learn to deal with it. It is perfectly within your rights to be mad at whomever you like or to boycott whatever you like. But when it is misguided people will call you out on it. I can respect someone who is very vocal complaining about the lack of a language they were promised. But those getting enraged anb blaming Beamdog for Apple's lack of transparency sound entitled and self-important. Blame them for bugs if those bother you. That seems completely reasonable. Blame the for design decisions (such as the initials decisions on how to implement the touch UI).

And spreading misinformation is not helpful. As that one tweet response to @TrentOester said, that guy's employer waiting 6 months for the game to make it through Apple's process. There may be typical wait times, but there are also odd cases where things go wrong. Apple is a human company with normal people working there. They can make mistakes that cause problems.
    Illustair
    edited January 2014
    spajdr said:

Jim Tarber ‏@jimtarber
    @TrentOster Good luck... Apple's @appstore held my former employer's product for 6 months while 6 million customers waited.

If they had a constant communication then what's the problem?

He's being very vague exactly why it was held for 6 months. Maybe they had an issue and each time the process was dealyed. That's not the case here according to beamdog, game was approved, but no response from apple.

• dwaydedwayde Member Posts: 4
    I see Trent has updated info on his Twitter account and now tweeted Appstore to see what's up. I am more satisfied now.
    Yep, lets hope next weekend we will play BG II on our Ipads already.
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    I wonder if it might go faster to just resubmit the app under another name
  • LochmonLochmon Member Posts: 1
    nsr said:

I wonder if it might go faster to just resubmit the app under another name

Galdur's Bait

• MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Baldur's Wait :-)

Crossing fingers so it is released before next friday!
    lunarmeaglothjackjack
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2014
    @Skaffen or just wait for the next title in the Kingkiller Chronicle...... Also, another good thing to wait is Jaheira's romance :P, I won't forgot to mention that you need lots of patience to do everything.
    Rafner
    Already partially mentioned, but is this really can help?

Brian Jepson‏@bjepson3h
    @TrentOster You may have tried both of these, but if not, try making an edit to the description or changing the availability date to today.

Perhaps its worth to remove the game and resubmit it, if these two options fails?
  • wharfrat73wharfrat73 Member Posts: 2
    I just saw an app called Classic Chhristmas Stories with a release date of 2014/01/12. I have no idea when the app was submitted, but assumng the dev had some brains to plan when to release a Christmas app, the app store has to have some fault.

I had another thought. I wounder if there was confusion about BG 1 and BG 2. Weren't both apps submitted around the same time? I onow one was a new app and one an update, but with the similar names, I wonder if there was some confusion. Nothing would surprise me.

In the mean time I'll go fishing or play a round of golf.
    Illustair
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    baldur's wait. I LOL'D
    jackjack
  • AodenAoden Member Posts: 65
    Baldur's Gate: Waiting Edition...
    I guess brian suggestion didn't helped (if Trent tried it).
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    For years I have been reading of developers complaining about Apple's poor communication with App Store developers. I don't know if this this the same problem that it once was, but this is not unheard of.
    jackjack