Skip to content

Saturday Spellcaster Strategies #3: triggers and contingencies

124»

Comments

• syllogsyllog Member Posts: 158

@GamingFreak

I prefer to save any malison triggers for the level 6 variety, normally either Malison+Glitterdust or Malison+Slow. I use the level 8 one as you said simply for RWPR (Rapid Wizard Protection Removal).

And I cannot agree enough about what GamingFreak said about cleric/mages too. I'm looking forward to Vecna Robes on Aerie for my canon party. And then all the contingency and trigger fun.

Although the issue I see with Holy Power + Righteous Magic (or DuHM by the time you get there) + Improved Haste, is that you're still hitting with either 1 APR and a 2her (thus you gain 2 attacks) or 2 APR while DWing and you go up to 4 attacks =/ Kinda feel like the Improved Haste is wasted there.

Polymorph -> Spider first
    8 attacks with poison!

once you hit 9th
    Shapechange -> Mind Flayer
    8 attacks with Int Drain!!!

(spell triggers/contigencies allow you to buff thaco and strength while in non-native form)
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    syllog said:

pekirt said:

Nic_Mercy said:

Chain Contingency: Horrid Wilting x3 on "see enemy"
    LOVE just decimating foes the instant they come into view!

Hm. Say, you see some enemies in the middle of Athkathla, where there are also many poor, poor NPCs going
    about their business... kids playing...

Instant attention from Dark Powers, if you had been living in Ravenloft. ;)
    Horrid Wilting only targets chosen enemies.
    No friendly (or neutral) fire. ;)
    Seriously - necromancers get the worse reputations, but they're the caring sweathearts of the bunch.
    Bring people back from the dead. Avoiding casualties. Borrowing bodies rather than immolating them.
    So much prejudice! :)

Agreed, zombification does not count as a casualty, it's an upgrade!
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    No love for Necromancers? Isn't that called necr... um... never mind. Wrong forum...
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    syllog said:

Seriously - necromancers get the worse reputations, but they're the caring sweathearts of the bunch.
    Bring people back from the dead. Avoiding casualties. Borrowing bodies rather than immolating them.
    So much prejudice! :)

Agreed! How many conjurers or invokers have complimented you with such sweet things like saying your voice is ambrosia? I mean, the last necromancer kept asking if something was troubling me and telling me to smile like life was some great fantasy! Such compassion I have never seen.

Plus they make delicious meals with liver and fava beans. nomnom. I always wondered the type of meat it was, but never got the chance to ask
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    pekirt said:
    I think i work for that guy.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    @bengoshi Here's one for your spammer thread. It looks like Xykon has a website now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on