Skip to content

List of CHARNAME Innate Abilities Anywhere?

Anyone know where i can find a list of these abilities? I know it differs what abilities you if your Good/Evil.

Is there a list anywhere? I would like to know the difference between the innate abilites, and i noticed on another chaotic good charname, i had Horror, even though my current Charname doesn't...How does it work? What do Neutral chars get? Thanks

Comments

• RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    I believe it is purely based on Rep amount by the time you get the dreams.
    1st: Larloch's Minor Drain or Cure Light Wounds
    2nd:Horror or Slow Poison
    3rd: Draw Upon Holy Might or Vampiric Touch
  • unkinheadunkinhead Member Posts: 107
    RedWizard said:

I believe it is purely based on Rep amount by the time you get the dreams.
    1st: Larloch's Minor Drain or Cure Light Wounds
    2nd:Horror or Slow Poison
    3rd: Draw Upon Holy Might or Vampiric Touch

Ah that makes sense...Best combination IMO would be: Larloch, Horror, DuHM

But you get 2 of each i think, so i wonder if you could potentially get 1 of each...As Slow Poison is also important. Horror is just as well, but it is only really effective in BG1
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    In BG1 you get them based on your reputation. Starting a new game in BG2 simulates this based on alignment so LG and NG get all good powers, neutral a mix and so on. CG gives you a chance to get some evil power and I assume the reverse is true for LE as well though I have never tried it.
  • Aozgolo108Aozgolo108 Member Posts: 79
    You can get 1 of each, due to getting way too much rep from certain quests my chaotic neutral bard has Larloch's Minor Drain and Cure Light Wounds. If you want to get all 6 abilities you will need to do some rep management.
  • That1DudeThat1Dude Member Posts: 19
    Shouldn't be too difficult if you're willing to drop some gold in temples and/or plot out which quests you do to get the right rep for each dream sequence
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Unless they're pretty psycho, my evil characters usually end up getting one DUHM due to all the rep+ quests you get in Baldur's Gate.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    In my chaotic neutral play trough I'm working to get all 6 abillities and to keep my rep ok I just killed Peter of the north for his boots. That ass has to give me something for killing the bear (even if I killed the bear before I met him)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    edited January 2014
    I've made a search about this subject. Here's what I have found out.

Your charname can get a special ability after the party rest (there's a chance to see a dream when you rest) in chapters 2 - 7. One ability per chapter. Also you should remember you can miss the dream (for example, it often happens for me when I rush through the game) in any chapter. Especially it's important to remember in later chapters.

What ability you get has nothing to do with your alignment and is based solely on your reputation.

If it's 9 or less, you get an ability from an evil pool, if your reputation is 10 or higher you get an ability from a good pool.

Good:

(For the first 2 dreams): Cure Light Wounds
    (For the 3rd an 4th dreams): Slow Poison
    (For the 5th and 6th dreams): Draw Upon Holy Might

Evil:

Larloch's Minor Drain
    Horror
    Vampiric Touch

There're 6 dreams and 6 abilities available. So if you manage your reputation, you can get what is better for you.

Edit: In BG2(EE) if you create a new character and don't import your own from BG1(EE) he gets fixed abilities based on his alignment:

Lawful Good & Neutral Good Cure Light Wounds(2), Slow Poison(2), Draw Upon Holy Might(2)

Chaotic Good Cure Light Wounds(2), Slow Poison(2), Draw Upon Holy Might(1), Vampiric Touch(1)

Lawful Neutral Larloch's Minor Drain(1), Cure Light Wounds(1), Slow Poison(1), Horror(1), Vampiric Touch(1), Draw Upon Holy Might(1)

True Neutral Larloch's Minor Drain(2), Slow Poison(1), Horror(1), Vampiric Touch(1), Draw Upon Holy Might(1)

Chaotic Neutral Slow Poison(1), Larloch's Minor Drain(1), Slow Poison(2), Draw Upon Holy Might(1), Vampiric Touch(1)

Lawful Evil & Chaotic Evil Larloch's Minor Drain(2), Horror(2), Vampiric Touch(2)

Neutral Evil Larloch's Minor Drain(1), Cure Light Wounds(1), Horror(2), Vampiric Touch(1), Draw Upon Holy Might(1)