Skip to content

Second copy for modding - Enough to just copy the folder?

Hi,
sooner or later I'll try some modding (SCS with first priority) butI want to keep a clean install of the game e.g. for multiplayer games. Since our DSL in India is painfully slow and unreliable I don't want to end up downloading the game again if I can avoid it...

Is it enough to just create a copy of the Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition folder in applications, rename it to modded and point the Weidu or whatever installers at that directory?

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    That's what you can do for the PC version, so I assume it works in a similar way for Mac.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Confirmed, it's working and after about an hour of cursing and going through various threads here, weidu binaries, the "easy" mod installer listed here and whatnot I actually got SCS installed.The key (I think) was to execute the install script when actually cd'ed to the right directory instead of executing it with the full pathname by just dragging it into the terminal window. chmod +x of course also required.

I thought it didn't work (Minsc still has Boo in the quickitem slot even though I had selected to put him into the inventory) but the ogre mage almost kicked my butt so yeah, it seems to have installed after all.