Skip to content

Aerie as a Vampire

Is anyone else interested in Aerie becoming a vampire? She becomes cursed, but I would like to see become and stay interesting. It would make for an interesting mod. Whether or not she becomes evil, if there was still a love interest, and her general personality change.

Comments

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    She does for a short time, well, a thrall anyway. But am I interested in her staying as a vampire? Not really; she enough on her plate as it is with her wings, family, identity, exploring the world, becoming stronger, war on slavery - those are more interesting things to explore.
    I'm not sure you could really corrupt Aerie anyway; she's much stronger willed than some people think, and aside from pent up anger she has few of the failings that would typically lead to corruption like ambition, lust for power, or a desire to change the way anyone thinks. I think she would probably destroy herself rather than kill any innocent being to survive.

A more likely candidate for corruption would be Nalia; politics and all the backstabbing and manipulation that goes with it can be a very slippery slope.
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    Coutelier said:

She does for a short time, well, a thrall anyway. But am I interested in her staying as a vampire? Not really; she enough on her plate as it is with her wings, family, identity, exploring the world, becoming stronger, war on slavery - those are more interesting things to explore.

Normally I would agree. Bit this is more what if. I want to see her abandon everything and essentially become what she hates.

Trust me. I love Aerie, and advocate for her to join the PC as a God. But it works be interesting none the less.

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure all vampires must be evil.

Reminds me of a quote from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

"I like my 'Evil' like I like my men. Evil!"

koawinter said:

Coutelier said:

Normally I would agree. Bit this is more what if. I want to see her abandon everything and essentially become what she hates.
    Well the thing she hates most is slavery and abuse (and clowns; clowns are horrible too). But I think if she were forced to be bad she would just get even more miserable and probably genuinely suicidal. Or else she'd look for a way to free herself and/or secretly work against and betray you to the forces of good if you actually allowed or especially encouraged this to happen to her.

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

You evil bastard! How dare you wish such a fate on sweet Aerie!

Your wickedness deserves a good buttkicking for goodness!

Only in Twilight!
    What if you could not cure her for sometime? What if she were forced to remain vampiric for a time and was forced to feed? What if this changed her? I just want to explore the possibility of her becoming something and perhaps even relishing it. Maybe she starts to blame her parents for what happened because they didn't show her there was so much evil in the world. Just something to think about.

If anyone had seen the Batman Beyond movie and what happens to Robin, maybe something like that?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959

Only in Twilight!
    Why do u refer to time of the day? I live in Northern England, the sun has set several hours ago.

Unless you mean day/night has an influence on vampire alignment? I'm pretty sure they are evil any time of the day. Sunlight only determines if they can move about freely on the surface.

Only in Twilight!
    She would definitely stake herself is she started sparkling at all.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Look on the bright side: If Aerie becomes a vampire, she get her wings back (even if its only in bat form, but still). Better still, she might finally stop whining about the chicken wings stumbs on her back. A win/win situation right there. But alas, we already have more than enough vampires in BG2:EE. Which is why I'd prefer Aerie turning into a werevulture.
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139

Evil is as evil does,..

When a "Vampire", you would not become evil from it self.

Or is it more the Question of the diverence from a Hero to a Monster ?

"It depends only on which side you are."

---

Why should Aerie rampaging across the Sword Coast ?

For my self i wouldn`t kill her if she turned into a Vampire and proper behave,..
    If you are an evil party it would be nice to see someone change alignment that way (with Viconia and Sarevok both changing towards being good).

Look on the bright side: If Aerie becomes a vampire, she get her wings back (even if its only in bat form, but still). Better still, she might finally stop whining about the chicken wings stumbs on her back. A win/win situation right there. But alas, we already have more than enough vampires in BG2:EE. Which is why I'd prefer Aerie turning into a werevulture.

She stops whining about it anyway, although the truth is she never started. She'll only talk about it if you encourage her, then say that she's whining even though she wouldn't have said anything at all if you didn't keep her asking her about it. And anyway, there are more serious problems like I stubbed a toe.
    koawinter said:

What if you could not cure her for sometime? What if she were forced to remain vampiric for a time and was forced to feed? What if this changed her? I just want to explore the possibility of her becoming something and perhaps even relishing it. Maybe she starts to blame her parents for what happened because they didn't show her there was so much evil in the world. Just something to think about.

Ah, but I think she was warned it was dangerous, and she blames herself for not listening. She blames herself for many things that she couldn't really change because it gives the illusion of having control over them.

koawinter said:

If you are an evil party it would be nice to see someone change alignment that way (with Viconia and Sarevok both changing towards being good).

Like I say, Nalia I think is your best, most believable bet. She already resents you in ToB for dragging her along into all this.
    Coutelier said:

Like I say, Nalia I think is your best, most believable bet. She already resents you in ToB for dragging her along into all this.

Yeah what's up with that?! I've been meaning to ask about this for some time, but kept forgetting. I'll open a new thread rather than derail this one..

• TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    D&D vampires technically 'must' be evil, but hell, there have been such things as good fiends in the D&D multiverse, so I don't see why she couldn't be a good (or at least neutral) vampire.

Having said that, if I was making an Aerie is a vampire mod for some reason (why Aerie? Anomen and Jaheria would take to it equally badly, I think, and I can't imagine Viconia being happy, either), I'd probably have her experience a forced shift to evil alignment, at least at first. Get more pathos out of the story that way. Aerie and angst are very well loved bed partners: I'd hate to separate them, and if she became a good vampire, it would sort of feel pointless. Then it would just be like "Alright, I have a horrible condition, but I can feed on animals and remain from killing them if necessary. Let's go look for a cure!"

If she turned evil, then, well, pathos! Angst! Wars with herself to do the right thing and not feed on innocents! Struggles on if she wants to give up the powers that she can do so much 'good' with!

...I still think Aerie has enough on her plate, though, without that. She has a very heavy backstory, a full romance track, a romance with an NPC, a romance with at least one mod... she has a lot going to her. If I was going to turn someone in to a vampire for the sake of drawing out a story and giving evil characters a good or neutral character to corrupt, I'd probably choose one who doesn't have as much going for them. Like Nalia or Valygar (who hates undead- story!).

Or Cernd. He would be a werewolf/vampire crossbreed and we would have to all bang our heads on walls and cry. It would be glorious.

(Yet somehow, I still bet it wouldn't make him any more interesting.)
    Point we'll taken. It can essentially be anyone that Bodhi takes. And you can replace anyone of the things I said about Aerie and replace them with whoever was taken... For the most part.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653

Only in Twilight!
    Why do u refer to time of the day? I live in Northern England, the sun has set several hours ago.

Unless you mean day/night has an influence on vampire alignment? I'm pretty sure they are evil any time of the day. Sunlight only determines if they can move about freely on the surface.
    I'm pretty sure that was a joke? Just to be absolutely certain, you do know he was referring to the vampire movies? You know, the Cullen family, Edward the vampire and Jacob the werewolf, teen angst, yada, yada, yada.

@belgarathmth
    Yeah... I was jokin :)

I've never watched the movies or read the books, but I am aware of the existence of the franchise.

Viconia goes from evil to neutral only.
    Anomen goes neutral to good, and since he starts out as neutral and the quest choices are "be selfless and lawful good" and "be selfish and break the law", I'd really like him to be "corruptable".

Corrupting Aerie would be a pretty big stretch, even if she was a vampire and "forced" to feed somehow, I can't really see her character work. It would become a completely different character and that's unneccessary. Viconia already acts quite neutral before the alignment shift, no big stretch. Anomen already has certain character traits that are associated with evil (arrogance, pride). They have something to work with and still stay themselves with a new alignment. Aerie, in my opinion, doesn't. And there are enough vampires as it is. An exotic species doesn't instantly make a character cooler. I would prefer a corruptable, human Anomen (still with the option to become good, based on the quest choice).

Sarevok is evil and goes to good. There are no stretches to what a character can become. No one is set on a path and doesn't have difficulties and choices. I just thought it would be an interesting character to have "fall from grace" if you will. More so than any other.
    koawinter said:

Viconia goes from evil to neutral only.
    Anomen goes neutral to good, and since he starts out as neutral and the quest choices are "be selfless and lawful good" and "be selfish and break the law", I'd really like him to be "corruptable".

Corrupting Aerie would be a pretty big stretch, even if she was a vampire and "forced" to feed somehow, I can't really see her character work. It would become a completely different character and that's unneccessary. Viconia already acts quite neutral before the alignment shift, no big stretch. Anomen already has certain character traits that are associated with evil (arrogance, pride). They have something to work with and still stay themselves with a new alignment. Aerie, in my opinion, doesn't. And there are enough vampires as it is. An exotic species doesn't instantly make a character cooler. I would prefer a corruptable, human Anomen (still with the option to become good, based on the quest choice).

Sarevok is evil and goes to good. There are no stretches to what a character can become. No one is set on a path and doesn't have difficulties and choices. I just thought it would be an interesting character to have "fall from grace" if you will. More so than any other.
    If it would turn her basically into a completely different character, then there really isn't much point; just create a whole new character.

But I think Nalia falling could have all the classic elements. Being forced to take measures to deal with her rivals, trying to cover up the guilt, the descent into paranoia...
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Sorry for the slight derailment, but I second the notion of a Vampiric, or at least somehow corruptible Anomen.
    jackjack said:

Sorry for the slight derailment, but I second the notion of a Vampiric, or at least somehow corruptible Anomen.

He's already somewhat corruptible of course. I think as he was the only romance originally he had to be able to swing both ways... I mean, not like Dorn does now. Between good and... neutral? Well, I suppose there's no reason for him not to go all the way.
    edited January 2014
    Coutelier said:

>

If it would turn her basically into a completely different character, then there really isn't much point; just create a whole new character.

But I think Nalia falling could have all the classic elements. Being forced to take measures to deal with her rivals, trying to cover up the guilt, the descent into paranoia...

True about Nalia.

But when Sarevok went from one end to the other, does that make sense to you? It just isn't that much of a stretch to see a good person fall to the ultimate depths of evil. Not saying that is what she would need to do. But that it isn't a stretch to have a character deal with those issues.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    edited January 2014

So unless you are roleplaying an evil character that wants to corrupt Aerie, then I don't see how it might work.

Corruption is all Aerie deserves after princess-syndrome-ing CHARNAME into making her babies
    Post edited by Fredjo on
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Some of my opinions on changing alignments:

Rasaad would have been an interesting corruptible options, with the temple of shar thing and his moral dilemmas in BG2EE. Would have been cool to make him change to a Dark Moon Monk if corrupted (cool mod material)

For original characters, I think Imoen post-Spellhold would have been a feasible "downfall" after becoming the Slayer or something.

Nalia in Throne of Bhaal could have been one of those "ends justify the means" over-zealous villains.

Valygar also has some similar possibilities with his backstory, and can also be a "ends justify the means" type of villain when it comes to magic. This character, in my opinion, could use some additional content more than pretty much anyone else.

The ones I can't really see changing? I have serious doubts about Mazzy being corruptible, and the same with Keldorn and Jaheira (too experienced and set in their ways to be susceptible to change). I tend to agree that Aerie is portrayed as too kind-hearted to go all Vader, and her background kind of makes it hard to view her as capable of inflicting cruelty on anyone else.

Korgan is Korgan... the only realistic redemption for him is going from chaotic evil-->neutral evil. To be honest, he gets along with good characters (like LG keldorn the paladin!) better than most evil NPCs, which I find kind of cool. Dorn is evil as evil gets, and Hexxat, from what I've seen, has her own alignment issues that don't lend well to changing perspectives (haven't finished playing with her yet, so I dunno if I'm missing a big part of her development).

It would also be bizarre to see the sillier comic relief characters (Edwin, Minsc, Jan) have major corruptible/redeemable paths. Butt-kicking for Evil?

Who am I forgetting? Can't see it for Neera or Haer-Dalis, and I really don't know about Cernd to say (though he's a shitty dad)
    edited January 2014
    Fredjo said:

So unless you are roleplaying an evil character that wants to corrupt Aerie, then I don't see how it might work.

Corruption is all Aerie deserves after prince-syndrome-ing CHARNAME into making her babies
    Yes; if only CHARNAME could have had anything at all to do with it.