Skip to content

Aerie as a Vampire

124»

Comments

• AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    Twani said:

Vampires can advance by levels as normal, according to FR and Ravenloft, IIRC. I don't have a quote to go by, but I know Ravenloft vampires advance in level, and that specific Ravenloft vampire is based off a FR character, so I'm pretty sure. Vampires not growing is more a product of Vampire the Masquerade and White Wolf then D&D.

I don't know, though. As I said- if I was going to go by 'a character gets corrupted my vampirehood', Aerie wouldn't be the first one I chose. She has a lot on her plate, and generally has the incorporable pure pureness aspect going for her. Jaheira and Anomen would be better, and Nalia and Valygar would be better then them, I think.

I completely understand how some could see Aerie as incorruptible. I myself hold that view. However, just like two-face (Harvey Dent) from The Dark Knight, who was seen as the white knight, who then was taken by the Joker and twisted. I see that Bodhi may have the same effect on Aerie. And I suspect if give the right story, it would be impactful and interesting.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited January 2014
    I think it sounds a lot cooler then it would actually be in practice, and would still prefer a character who doesn't already have so much going on with them, and quite a few other things that can more easily be developed and explored. Imoen doesn't get a whole lot of development, for example, although ideally you would be just designing a new character for that purpose. Harvey Dent was meant to fall, whereas forcing it on Aerie would just be... forced.
  • DoorDieDoorDie Member Posts: 13
    Hmm, I just took a look through Van Richten's Guide to Vampires, and it says they advance much more slowly. Each time they move up an age category they have a chance to gain 1 level. I chuckled a bit at this dated line:

"To put it bluntly, it is strongly recommended that DMs rule PC vampires to be categorically impossible unless using the rules from the Requiem boxed set."

I've never owned that boxed set but some cursory online reading suggests Requiem outlined entirely new undead classes.

Anyway, not trying to derail onto this side topic. I just think that @koawinter has a fine proposal that could be incorporated elegantly with care. There might be some nice middle ground we could find programmatically to keep it more faithful to the rules, assuming my arguments hold water.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Someone thinks Valen is nerfed? o.0
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Don't get me wrong; I'm not opposed of an NPC who turns into a vampire over the course of the game, just Aerie isn't really the right choice. And it would be trying to make her even more like Fluttershy, which is... no.

Never played Valen.
  • DoorDieDoorDie Member Posts: 13

Someone thinks Valen is nerfed? o.0

Uhh yep, I was wrong. Ran that mod too long ago, I'll have to try it out again. She seems like what I'd expect in a party vampire, although her progression seems quite strong.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @kidcarnival I have always had similar feelings about Valygar. Would make an awesome Fallen Ranger, and perhaps wizard slayer would have fit his character better
  • mrdeluxemrdeluxe Member Posts: 98
    I would love to see some more alignment changes in BG2, especially from good to evil, similarly, perhaps, how Bioware later did with KotOR II…
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    edited August 2018
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59490-mod-vampire-world-for-eet/

This mod may just bring this desire to the front. Maybe a few can show some love and get this mod better developed!

Dead lovers (Anomen, Jaheira, Aerie, Viconia).
    You can place killed lovers bodies into pool and they will be resurrected as vampires instead of regaining normal form.