Skip to content

IPAD Release Date II

Comments

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    @CrevsDaak Well, Doors of Stone already has >100 reviews and a 4.6 star rating even before it's out :)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10394348-doors-of-stone

Pat has admitted to a sort of writers block in one of the blogposts after he took on one of the characters in the new Torment game when the stretch target was reached. That was quite a while though, looks like the morale boost he got there didn't last long

http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2013/03/concerning-games-torment-and-a-sense-of-play/
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    edited January 2014
    I have to ask this question: Is twitter the only way devs can communicate with apple? Trent did mention he used email/called, but he's sent 2 uanswered messages on twitter to appstore. You'd think they have some sort direct line when they are dealing with a dev....

This is like when you're trying to contact someone and you're made to wait outside his office for hours, just because they are incapable of returning your calls.

Contacting apple support as a customer, takes just a few hours for me to get a response. This seems like a gigantic joke and reeks of incompetence from apples side.

Welcome to 2014 where a simple "we're looking into it, eta x hours" seems to be too hard for certain companies.

Apple after this pathetic story you should give back some sort of revenue. If this was my company i'd file a lawsuit for all the money I should have earned after clearance.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    After the last tweet of Oster, this feels bad. We don't know how long we will wait, and switching to computer is a worst option (in my case, I would have very little access to the computer for fun), as I am sure it will be released in ipad after we start buying. Besides, is even possible to import my character from iPad BG:EE to Mac BG2:EE?

I actually don't even want to.
  • RafnerRafner Member Posts: 64
    @greenfish But do developers really have a case against Apple? I mean can't Apple do whatever they want with their own store? If they don't want to publish something they don't have to, right?

It's like people shouting about freedom of speech on internet forums, like they somehow have the right on their side. The forum admins can do whatever they want to and go full Kim Jong Il on any post they like to, it's their forum and they decide what they want to have on it.
    edited January 2014
    Rafner said:

@greenfish But do developers really have a case against Apple? I mean can't Apple do whatever they want with their own store? If they don't want to publish something they don't have to, right?

It's like people shouting about freedom of speech on internet forums, like they somehow have the right on their side. The forum admins can do whatever they want to and go full Kim Jong Il on any post they like to, it's their forum and they decide what they want to have on it.

I honestly don't know, i'm not from USA. In my country we have laws against issues like this one. Usually they end up getting a reimbursement from the company before an actual lawsuit ends up in court. As you can probably guess you still have to prove malevolent intent towards your company and then the opposing company has to describe in detail why the contract wasn't fulfilled from the start. Of course apple is following laws from the american congress.

Your analogy probably is spot on regarding how apple can dictate their own publishing rules. Not a bad example you made there.

After the last tweet of Oster, this feels bad. We don't know how long we will wait, and switching to computer is a worst option (in my case, I would have very little access to the computer for fun), as I am sure it will be released in ipad after we start buying. Besides, is even possible to import my character from iPad BG:EE to Mac BG2:EE?

I actually don't even want to.

Agreed 300%. Funny thing, we could probably both finish the PC version (again for the 999time) before ios versions turns up on appstore.

Kinda feel sorry for beamdog as a company on this one. Hope it doesn't take too long so they start to really loose income.
  • ArinochArinoch Member Posts: 15
    I wonder where along the submission process developers talk to actual people at Apple. I mean, if there were a contact, how could they say, "I don't know" when asked for an update? You know, like a developer support line. At this point I'm feeling even worse for Beamdog after Trent's tweet.
  • themadcowthemadcow Member Posts: 19
    Skaffen - Cheers for the Patrick Rothfuss blog link. I was a massive fan of Torment and really glad it will be getting a sequel. Another game I will be pledging too, after the game Elite dangerous.

For those peeps into reading fantasy books, read Patrick Rothfuss's 2 books out. I had the first book for a year before I read it, thinking it looked a bit like heaving reading. I was totally wrong. Both books have to be probably 2 of the best fantasy books I have ever read (and I have a collection of fantasy books numbering over 300). Trust me here, amazing read.
    themadcow said:

Skaffen - Cheers for the Patrick Rothfuss blog link. I was a massive fan of Torment and really glad it will be getting a sequel. Another game I will be pledging too, after the game Elite dangerous.

For those peeps into reading fantasy books, read Patrick Rothfuss's 2 books out. I had the first book for a year before I read it, thinking it looked a bit like heaving reading. I was totally wrong. Both books have to be probably 2 of the best fantasy books I have ever read (and I have a collection of fantasy books numbering over 300). Trust me here, amazing read.

WHAT CAN CHANGE THE NATURE OF A MAN

So it's now confirmed to be a sequel?

I hope Chris Avellone is the director, he's a great writer.
    greenfish- click the link, it certainly seems so. Shame it will not be on ipad. We could open up another thread. - when will it be released lol.

edited January 2014
    So I wrote a email to the Apple support and got this as a reply:
    Apple said:

Dear Simon,

Greetings! This is Agnes, your iTunes Store Advisor and it is my pleasure to assist you today. I understand that you are inquiring for the release of the app Baldur's Gate 2. I'll see what information I can provide that may help you with your concern.

Please be advised that Baldur's Gate 2 is not available in the Sweden iTunes Store at this time. However, Apple is constantly working with content providers to expand the iTunes Store catalog and to make more items available in more countries.

You see, a product's distribution is something that is determined by the content provider, not by Apple or iTunes. For example, in the case of Apps, the App developer themselves will determined on when their product available on the iTunes/App Store. The same applies for TV Shows. Movies, music and any other content.

For a more in-depth reason as to why an item is not yet available, you will want to contact again the App developer themselves.

Beamdog: https://beamdog.zendesk.com/home

Your comments and suggestions are an integral part of this continuing effort to provide quality content. To request that certain items be distributed in your country, please visit this web page:

iTunes Store Requests
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

We appreciate you taking the time to submit this request and for being a valued iTunes Store customer.

Thank you for using iTunes Store. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Agnes
    iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support

I don't know if she understood exactly what the problem was... That the game hasn't been released whatsoever. But at least it shows that it's possible to get a hold of them. I got the reply like 4-5 hours after I sent the question to them.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Rafner Apple Support are a completely different team internally at Apple, and can't help us, unfortunately. They're specifically for consumer issues.
  • kittenykitteny Member Posts: 16
    Meh my optimism for a release within the next couple of days is dwindling. So anyways, I wanna play the estimating game too! My guess: 23/1/14

Though I must admit, bg2:ee for ipad is just seeming further and further away as time goes by, not closer... :|
  • spajdrspajdr Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2014
    I tweeted this to Trent
    Maybe it's worth to mention this problem to admins of toucharcade and pocketgamer site, so it will get more attention?

Let's hope it will get some needed attention from Apple.
    I'm really curious if Trent has tried out those tricks that some people at Twitter suggested. Like changing the description and what not. Can't you ask him @LiamEsler ?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Rafner I'm sure if it'd help, Trent would have done it. :)
    Rafner : someone already asked about that on twitter also, but he didn't replied to it, if he tried it.
    All right i mentioned problem now on pocket gamer and touch arcade myself via email to admins, lets hope it will get mentioned on main page.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    edited January 2014
    Delvarian said:

@Rafner backwards?! Don't you know that any way that Americans choose to do something automatically becomes the correct way? Just ask any American if you don't believe me.

So the guesses thus far:

Me: 1/16/14

@Rafner: 1/14/14 (or 14/1/14 if your anti-American)

@spajdr "Not this year" (A vague, but interesting guess)

@greenfish 2/24/14 (merry two months after Christmas)

@Arinoch 1/14/14 or 1/16/14 (hedging his bets)

@Cthulus_mum 2/2/14 (does he have some dark magical knowledge?)

@kitteny 1/23/14 (I can haz BG2EE?)
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    @greenfish @themadcow Yes Chris is part of the team though in a smaller role. But the overall team is great! Kickstarter was great, it was funded in less than a day and ended up at >400% funding.

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com

http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/teambios

Probably the ipad version of BG2 will be out before Torment though. Wasteland 2 is another matter, it's in beta for some time now... :)
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    I'm sure it won't be long now, we're on the home stretch and I for one am eagerly awaiting Beamdog's next offering. Thanks to all the devs!

-Samiel
    A very eager (but patient) fan.
    Samiel said:

I'm sure it won't be long now, we're on the home stretch and I for one am eagerly awaiting Beamdog's next offering. Thanks to all the devs!

-Samiel
    A very eager (but patient) fan.

They haven't even responded to Trents message, almost 3 days ago. I have little faith the game will be released this month. But I hope you're right.
    themadcow said:

greenfish- click the link, it certainly seems so. Shame it will not be on ipad. We could open up another thread. - when will it be released lol.

Very interesting reading, thanks.

Here's a joke (hopefully) we will have planescape on ipad before bg2 ee :/
    Skaffen said:

@greenfish @themadcow Yes Chris is part of the team though in a smaller role. But the overall team is great! Kickstarter was great, it was funded in less than a day and ended up at >400% funding.

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com

http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/teambios

Probably the ipad version of BG2 will be out before Torment though. Wasteland 2 is another matter, it's in beta for some time now... :)

Good reading, just hope Chris contribitions will be more than enough. He made the game as we know it, all the dialogue, all the characters.

@Rafner, thanks for trying though man, much appreciated.
    spajdr said:

All right i mentioned problem now on pocket gamer and touch arcade myself via email to admins, lets hope it will get mentioned on main page.

Excellent idea, those are big sites, and can hopefully put this problem into the spotlight.

"Hey @appstore can you fellows check out what is going on with our game Baldur's Gate II? It has been "Ready for Sale" since the 23rd."
    Posted 11th january 2014

*sigh*

Frankly this just pisses me the f off. No response what so ever from Trent's question to appstore.

• VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    x..x nothing new here, again.
  • ArinochArinoch Member Posts: 15
    Trent probably can't reply anymore because he's broken his various devices out of rage.
    edited January 2014
    Arinoch said:

Trent probably can't reply anymore because he's broken his various devices out of rage.

Trent is very articulated and calm on twitter, that's something I could never be if my company was in a similar situation. My view on apple have severly degraded since they tried to contact the company in the first place.

It's one thing to delay a product for various reasons, but NOT responding at all, yeah... I like to stay on this community, so i'm not gonna speak my mind what I think about the one's responsible for this mess.

This is simply inexcusable behaviour from apples part

Also, I do not agree with davemos well written post. Well directed aggressivity can be a very useful tool, "every tool is useful, if you know how to use it". Play or be played.

Alas in this situation, beamdog have done everything they can possibly do. Would be different if apple had a local office they could attend. What does this say about a company where they completly ignore your inquery?

I'm done commenting in this thread until/if game is released on ios.

Peace out

But commenting here and waiting for BG2EE is the one thing we all have in common! I'll miss you guys when the game is finally released ;)
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Such a sweet sentiment @Rafner. I shall miss you all as well when the game releases, however I shall try to soldier on.
    If you should see a man in his thirties with fashionably messy brown hair and a bit of stubble on his face, holding an iPad, a single tear falling down his cheeck, know that it is me and that I think of all of you as I reroll a swashbuckler for the hundredth time.
    @Delvarian Aye. And shall you happen to pass through the frozen fields of Scandinavia, know that there is always a cup of coffee and freshly baked buns waiting for you in the home of Rafner and his wife. We are all brothers and sisters here.
    Pocket tactiics got interview with Trent about BGII "release"
    http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/cursed-baldurs-gate-ii-broke-itunes-beamdog-says/
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz ...
    lol bg2 broke itunes. (pay back time). lmao