Skip to content

IPAD Release Date II

Comments

• RafnerRafner Member Posts: 64
    It kind of annoys me that Trent hasn't told us about it potentially being a data problem. Sure, he doesn't owe us anything and doesn't HAVE to fill us in, but considering how we've been climbing the forum walls, waiting for news on the situation, why couldn't he have just popped in here and told us?

Oh well, all is forgiven when the game is finally released :)
  • ArinochArinoch Member Posts: 15
    Based on the way it was said, I'd assume he's guessing. Apple wants to make money, so I'm sure they're trying to figure the problem out...they're just very tight-lipped, which isn't ideal.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Well, tomorrow is THURSDAY, bitches.
    It sure is.
    @MonoCanalla As it is now, that might not mean anything. Apple might not have solved the problems surrounding this release. We can only hope.
    In the bright side, at least we know now there is a reason. And a reason can be fixed. Is not as good as having a hard date, but still.
  • spajdrspajdr Member Posts: 20
    @TrentOster: @pka4916 @dougbott the game is stuck somewhere in the App Store plumbing. We're working with Apple to fix it.
    spajdr said:

@TrentOster: @pka4916 @dougbott the game is stuck somewhere in the App Store plumbing. We're working with Apple to fix it.

Maaaaaario.
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    I wonder if "working with Apple to fix it" means there's 2 way communication at least.
  • kittenykitteny Member Posts: 16

spajdr said:

Maaaaaario.
    ha I LOL'd
  • lord_drollord_drol Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    BGII is on the App Store now! I just purchased and am downloading as I write this note.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Sure enough! Giddy up!
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I had to click on bgee and go to the "related" tab to find it. It doesn't show up by just searching for it.
    edited January 2014
    Oh F yes! Here's the link for you guys and gals! It's to the Swedish appstore but it should link you to your own region.

https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/baldurs-gate-ii/id633625517?mt=8
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    Any news about save game transfer?
    @davemo We'll see about that in about 20 minutes ;)
    procco said:

I had to click on bgee and go to the "related" tab to find it. It doesn't show up by just searching for it.

Wow. That is bad news. It is great that the game is available, but to not come up in searches is really bad news. Another side effect of this issues could be that the game would not come up in top app charts.

I hope Apple gives Beamdog some free promotion on the App Store in return for the delays and problems.
    Hmm, so the bad news right now is that I can't find any option to import your character from BGEE. When you press "Import" there's only the option to import from saves from BG2EE. Maybe there's something I'm missing, or maybe you have to use something like iFunbox to move the save from the first game to BG2EE.
    @Rafner That sounds disappointing. Is your BGEE still installed?
    edited January 2014
    @davemo Yep, it's installed and updated and everything.
    Worst case, rebuild...but an inability to get the full metal unit would be a shame. I'm sure they've accounted for it somehow. :-/
  • kurufankurufan Member Posts: 1
    If you go into BG1, you can Export from the Character screen. It then gives you a popup that allows you to, among other things, "Open in Baldur's Gate II". Select that. It then opens BG2 and the import function (import a character, not a savegame) should work - it did for me.
    kurufan said:

If you go into BG1, you can Export from the Character screen. It then gives you a popup that allows you to, among other things, "Open in Baldur's Gate II". Select that. It then opens BG2 and the import function (import a character, not a savegame) should work - it did for me.

Makes sense. Apps in iOS usually just push data to other apps. I can't think of any offhand that pull data from other apps.
    @kurufan Ah, that makes sense! Thank you so much :)

I had already gone and transeferd the save with iFunbox (which worked just fine btw). So I guess you can either do it the easy way or the stupid way (like I did :P).
    Rafner said:

@kurufan Ah, that makes sense! Thank you so much :)

I had already gone and transeferd the save with iFunbox (which worked just fine btw). So I guess you can either do it the easy way or the stupid way (like I did :P).

Nothing you do for the sake of BG is stupid.

The patched BGEE experience is so good that there really needs to be another game to look forward to in the pipeline.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I'm downloading right now!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited January 2014
    greenfish said:

I have to ask this question: Is twitter the only way devs can communicate with apple? Trent did mention he used email/called, but he's sent 2 uanswered messages on twitter to appstore. You'd think they have some sort direct line when they are dealing with a dev....

This is like when you're trying to contact someone and you're made to wait outside his office for hours, just because they are incapable of returning your calls.

Contacting apple support as a customer, takes just a few hours for me to get a response. This seems like a gigantic joke and reeks of incompetence from apples side.

Welcome to 2014 where a simple "we're looking into it, eta x hours" seems to be too hard for certain companies.

Apple after this pathetic story you should give back some sort of revenue. If this was my company i'd file a lawsuit for all the money I should have earned after clearance.

My take on it:
    Apple is a juggernaut that does whatever it wants. Both developers and consumers are at its mercy. This isn't incompetence, it's flippant disregard backed up by one of, if not the scariest team of lawyers on the planet, and there's really not much anybody can do about it. Welcome to 2014, indeed.

But at least now we have some BG2EE to go :)
  • AldurinAldurin Member Posts: 11
    Perfect Storm:

BG II EE for iPad released.
    iPad Air 128 GB LTE arrived from Telenor.

There is a God - and He is merciful!
  • muleptonmulepton Member Posts: 4
    A question to those who already downloaded it:
    There's no IAP associated with BG2EE in the app store, which is kind of strange, considering the IAP was what was causing problems with the approval in the first place.
    So, is there any IAP available in the main menu (like in BG1)?
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    You can buy the character dlc from the main screen, but pop into the menu store instead as there is a portrait dlc tucked away in there too!