Skip to content

IPAD Release Date II

Comments

• badgerhamsterbadgerhamster Member Posts: 4
    ITS THERE !

*screams* Go for the eyes boo ! (preferably aimed at the epic level of retard that is the apple approval / release processes)

Time to go rollin...
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    It is not one day.It's today!
    Let's cheers!
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    @Aldurin
    Yes.The God does exist.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Muuum! Boo is crashing my game again!
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I win!
  • kittenykitteny Member Posts: 16
    YESSS! I can't believe this got released 20 minutes after I went to bed! Though If I had have noticed it I can guarantee I would have had no sleep. Now to figure out how to transfer my custom portrait and a few NPC replacement portraits I have waiting...
    So did it come out on weds or thurs?
    technically thurs I think
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Depends on where you are. Here in the Midwest it hit at like 7pm on Wednesday.
    Eeeek...all this waiting... And now BG2:EE Won't run on ipad 1 at all. After trying to purchase Dorn my app now permanently crashes everytime I try to start it. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling BG2:EE and it still crashes on start up.

Today is a sad day for kittens.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Its mine now.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291

Well, tomorrow is THURSDAY, bitches.

Lol! I win!

Damn, I actually can't play until tomorrow...
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    :O
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    @Dee!! Trent Oster!! I want to play, we have been waiting two months already! Waaaaarrrrgh!

I miss it :-(
    Please beamdog make BG3:EE, so will start again all of this xD.

Nah, seriously, I love you guys.
  • sdksdk Member Posts: 13
    Still hours away from getting home! What price did they go with? Any quick reviews or impressions so far???
    $14.99 plus $1.99 for each extra character and $1.99 for the extra portraits.
    It's BG2 on the iPad, you ain't getting much better than this!
    Thanks Delvarian! I appreciate the reply. By review (after the way early BG1 went) I was looking to confirm that the game was working correctly for the most part. Not so much a content review.....
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    It's perfect. I can't stop playing :)
    Woohoo. Perfect timing too. My wife has two shows I absolutely hate recorded for tonight!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    YEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!
    I just found it now!
    Happy happy happy happy!!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @iKriveto that's game breaking! And I already saw it in the beta.
    congrats beamdog, bg 2 is ranked #2 on appstore roleplaying category
  • blazeheroicblazeheroic Member Posts: 37
    Maybe someone else has figured this out, but is there anyway to start from the final save? I'd like the extra xp from the final battle if I can manage it but I don't have a jailbroken iPad so I can't get stuff like iFunBox.

Maybe someone else has figured this out, but is there anyway to start from the final save? I'd like the extra xp from the final battle if I can manage it but I don't have a jailbroken iPad so I can't get stuff like iFunBox.

kurufan said:

If you go into BG1, you can Export from the Character screen. It then gives you a popup that allows you to, among other things, "Open in Baldur's Gate II". Select that. It then opens BG2 and the import function (import a character, not a savegame) should work - it did for me.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @greenfish it should be first!
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    To use the final save from BGEE, you can copy the "final save" folder from your BGEE "saves" directory to the BG2EE "saves" directory, then start a new BG2EE game and "import character".

You don't need to be jailbroken to copy saves, but you do need another tool to transfer files between a computer and your iPad.
  • riyahhassettriyahhassett Member Posts: 59
    Does the iPad version have all the same bugs as the Mac version? i.e.: dialog loop with hexxat in the under dark?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited January 2014
    @riyahhasset The iPad version is -- I believe -- 2 patches ahead of the App Store version, and 1 patch ahead of every other version.
    Post edited by LiamEsler on
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Yeah! Take that , other versions!
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited January 2014
    That's why spells that can be copied in the spellbook are highlighted! and I saw other new improvements too!
    Good job devs!