Skip to content

How can i tell if SCS is installed?

bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
I have followed the installation directions to the letter, yet I can't say I've spotted any difference so far(thought i'm still against monsters and low intelligence enemies in BG 1 ee),so will I spot the difference against spellcasting enemies later or might my installation be wrong?

Comments

• karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    SCS doesn't really change anything for non-spellcasters in BG1. It also won't make much difference against very low level spellcasters because their limited spell selection doesn't provide much tactical depth.

Against higher level spellcasters you should certainly notice a difference when they start kicking your butt. Probably Silke is the first significant spellcaster you would come across, if you happen to turn against her during her quest in Beregost.

There's a couple of ogre mages in the game which turn into real nightmares. Particularly you may meet at Firewine Bridge if you make certain choices.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    The easiest way is to check the WeiDU.log file in your installation directory - it will list all mods that are currently properly installed.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Silke is the best check. Does she start throwing out lightning bolts and sleep spells and dooming you for all eternity? SCS is installed. Is she some weakling that charges at you with her melee weapon after one failed casting? Probably not SCS.

WEIDU.log is of course the proper place to check, as @Shin said. If it's installed, there should be all sorts of SCS components in there. If they're there, you're good. If they're not... try another install.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    oh yes, Silke is the test to test … just beat her, and i'm sure SCS is installed now :-)
  • TheZodiakTheZodiak Member Posts: 33
    You will notice SCS allready in Candlekeep. If the assasins use poison it is SCS. When you make the testfight and want to fight the archer he tries to kite you... SCS. At least when you fight your first mage you will really notice it!
  • bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
    it's installed now, I picked the wrong directory the first time, thanks for your replies.

awesome mod btw I just regained my lost interest in bg!
  • JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    Attack Firebead Elvenhair. If you're toast within few seconds, it's installed correctly.
  • broonofmidoribroonofmidori Member Posts: 32
    The easiest way is to fight the two assassins when you first start in candlekeep. If they use their poison weapon, and hide in shadows if you line of sight them, it is installed.

And actually, scs makes a difference on low level spellcasters too. They'll actually use mage armor and mirror images at the start of the fight. Which still makes a pretty big difference when they're about to pop off a sleep.

And fighting that one dude when you first get to Friendly Arm Inn. Getting power word:sleep within the first 3 secs of the fight is pretty frustrating lol.
  • gunmangunman Member Posts: 215
    Speaking of the two level 1 assassins in Candlekeep, it's nice to see them using their class abilities, but I don't understand why they always hide in shadow the moment you lose line of sight. I mean no thief can have 100% hide in shadows success at level 1.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited September 2017
    Open a file called weidu.log in your game directory with some text editor. Search for SCS and you will see all the individual components of the mod listen that are in your install.

BTW - weidu.log is a very helpful file, as it lists all mods and mod components you have installed including the sequence in which it has been done. Modders may often ask you for that file in case of troubleshooting for a modded game.